Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916665 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
sunshineluv5:
what if someone over there picks up the i-20 from your sch and send it via any of the courier services what would be the cost?
You can ask the admission officer about that and collect the number the person will contact when he get to the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mathew490: 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:

You can have fedex or dhl pick it up from the school and mail it and then pay in naira .. Although check if the school allows this

Someone posted the process a while ago
thank you will try fedex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
The below link should be of great help. I wish you the very best. Don't give up, you're a step closer to your dream.

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/356#1832477.11398

alex5050:
hey guys, i wrote gre on tuesday, scored 160 in quant and 132 in verbal, My verbal is actually bad, i hope u guys can enlighten me how i can improve on my verbal, which textbk is the best so i can work on it, i am planning writing another gre in a month or two. and is there any school that can offer me admission base on this score?
m.sc in industrial engineering.
please i need your candid textbooks description on verbal

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iamblisz(m): 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
biikeys:

Do you really want to go to grad school? I see no mention of a proposed course of study, or schools you are looking at.

One thing I will tell you is that loads of people going for undergrad do this themselves..I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to as a graduate-the process is not complicated. I never support the use of agents or anything like that;they can put false information on critical application documents which can land you a ban..of course after enjoying your money. My advice? continue reading through the thread. You'll get a hang of it.
Thanks for the reply.
I intend applying for masters in business administration (but I'm worried cause it has nothing to do with my field which is quality surveying ) I was forced to duty qs cause that was what university gave me , I'm worried it will affect my visa process cause of changing to business Administration

Plz I only have a few institution which I recently check using Google Search. Kindly help me with a list or website where I can start from or recommend some for me
Lastly should I go ahead with business administration or should I choose a course related to quantity surveying cause I don't want to make mistakes.

That's for your help once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bluemix: 12:22am On Apr 13, 2018
Hi all,

I'm applying for F1 visa and when i try to fill the DS160 form, the Previous Work/education/training part of the form doesn't show the question on Educational details. I have once moved on to other sections(photo upload and review) on the ds160 form without filling the education details earlier today (as i was unaware of it) and it showed no error, but now when i started a new application and retrieved it numerous times, it still shows no such question on education.

There's only one question in that section and that is "Were you previously employed? YES OR NO". I also don't get the additional question on what clan/tribe i belong to?
I don't understand where I'm going wrong. I also saw a YouTube tutorial on filling out DS160 to find out my mistake but I do everything correctly and still that section on Educational details is not being displayed/

Please help. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 12:58am On Apr 13, 2018
Bluemix:
Hi all,

I'm applying for F1 visa and when i try to fill the DS160 form, the Previous Work/education/training part of the form doesn't show the question on Educational details. I have once moved on to other sections(photo upload and review) on the ds160 form without filling the education details earlier today (as i was unaware of it) and it showed no error, but now when i started a new application and retrieved it numerous times, it still shows no such question on education.

There's only one question in that section and that is "Were you previously employed? YES OR NO". I also don't get the additional question on what clan/tribe i belong to?
I don't understand where I'm going wrong. I also saw a YouTube tutorial on filling out DS160 to find out my mistake but I do everything correctly and still that section on Educational details is not being displayed/

Please help. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

let me guess, you're a female right? educational details questions usually does not come up for female applicants.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 13, 2018
Ajibade105:
The below link should be of great help. I wish you the very best. Don't give up, you're a step closer to your dream.

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/356#1832477.11398

pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bluemix: 7:59am On Apr 13, 2018
goodemma20:
let me guess, you're a female right? educational details questions usually does not come up for female applicants.

Yes, I am female.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fbimbola(f): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good day house,

Please can any one share number of someone @ Unilag diploma office? I applied for my transcript to be evaluated by WES. WES acknowledged receipt of my BSC and diploma transcript from Unilag. Then sent for verification. Now WES has requested further verification from the issuing institution, hence the evaluation is on hold. I called record office, but they said I need to contact diploma office.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please house I need an urgent confirmation. Can I pay my sevis fee using western union at ecobank branch at seme Benin republic?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
goodemma20:
which of the EIU campuses where you admitted into?

I think it is Charleston which is the main campus, but I don't know if EIU has several campuses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kodeya(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good day,

I have a Btech degree in Pure and Applied Chemistry and I graduated with a 2.2 (3.47).

Please do recommend good schools for Msc in environmental chemistry.

I would prefer ones that requires ONLY TOEFL and not GRE.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
mathew490:
hello pals i intend paying the school to ship my i20 form from cleveland state university but they the dont accept payment credit card pls what will i do help a brother
don’t ever allow FedEx pick up your package directly..this might cause lose or delay in getting your I-20.. make use of eshipglobal only and your package will be delivered to Nigeria in 3-5 business days.. that was how I did mine cause I just got my I-20 last month.. bless

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
sunshineluv5:
what if someone over there picks up the i-20 from your sch and send it via any of the courier services what would be the cost?
your I-20 will never be released to any of your family members.. it will only be given to you and you only.. don’t ever try to send your I-20 via FedEx or DHL directly because it might be delayed or get missing.. and the school is never responsible for the missing of any I-20.. then you can get another in the next semester after applying for another admission.. I strongly advice you to make use of eshipglobal.. your package will be delivered in 3-5days at maximum..blessings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Coxtie:
your I-20 will never be released to any of your family members.. it will only be given to you and you only.. don’t ever try to send your I-20 via FedEx or DHL directly because it might be delayed or get missing.. and the school is never responsible for the missing of any I-20.. then you can get another in the next semester after applying for another admission.. I strongly advice you to make use of eshipglobal.. your package will be delivered in 3-5days at maximum..blessings

if DHL or FedEx sends it with the tracking number what the difference between that an eshipglobal

At the end both routes are using the same thrid party provider to ship it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
kodeya:
Good day,

I have a Btech degree in Pure and Applied Chemistry and I graduated with a 2.2 (3.47).

Please do recommend good schools for Msc in environmental chemistry.

I would prefer ones that requires ONLY TOEFL and not GRE.

Thank you.

It all depends ....There are lots of them with only TOEFL requirement, but you still need to take GRE for your scholarship. In fact, you really need it to increase your visa chances (not saying it's a guarantee though).

First, read all you can here (so you can get the idea without asking yamayam questions(so you don't look lazzii)).
Take up your phone and Google, google anything that comes to mind e.g. , the first educated monkey in the world, why Randa Rousey joined WWE.... Or why I love her... grin cheesy or Best universities in USA 2018....
Any way, see their ranking and requirements...
Read closely and carefully.....
See if you fit in somewhere...
Decide the coursessss you want.
Decide the state you like..
See the job opportunities..
Decide if you can afford the tuition or opt for scholarship.
Pay your application fee....
Then , come back...I believe we can take it from there.
OR just come back without paying the fee, we can still take it from there smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
Coxtie:
The first sentence up there is not entirely true. Schools release i20 to anybody be it friend, Gf, brother etc. There is no sense in spending alot on eshiglobal when you can spend less and get the same service

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
sunshineluv5:
That is another option and the person can send it to you with less than $70, you should get it within 3-5 business days

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
Coxtie:
what's the cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seeker88(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
Coxtie:
Why those claims? Do you know someone who lost his/her I-20 via this means That you got you I-20 via eshipglobla doesn’t mean it’s the only safe and reliable means of getting an I-20 from your school here to Nigeria.....eshipglobal is actually the most expensive way to do this.
During my time, I had my I-20 sent to someone in my school and then paid DHL to pick it up from the guy. It arrived within 3-5days and I paid only about 22k for this process...
Some schools may not allow DHL to pick up I-20 directly from them, like my school.....so I had to authorize my school to first send it to someone in the school, and then arranged for DHL pick up.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
mathew490:
hello pals i intend paying the school to ship my i20 form from cleveland state university but they the dont accept payment credit card pls what will i do help a brother
What’s the payment method they accept? And how how much do you have to pay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
knash1:
Please house I need an urgent confirmation. Can I pay my sevis fee using western union at ecobank branch at seme Benin republic?
yes you can. Go with extra $10 for processing fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
yuscodguy:

I think it is Charleston which is the main campus, but I don't know if EIU has several campuses
no it does not, I thought it was SIU you were talking about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
goodemma20:
yes you can. Go with extra $10 for processing fee
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

if DHL or FedEx sends it with the tracking number what the difference between that an eshipglobal

At the end both routes are using the same thrid party provider to ship it.
The office of international admissions at Cleveland State University,said that they cannot release the I20 to DHL or FedEx directly unless the student make use of the eshipglobal from their website. Going through DHL or FedEx directly will not work because the school can never release the i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
sultanfortune:

The office of international admissions at Cleveland State University,said that they cannot release the I20 to DHL or FedEx directly unless the student make use of the eshipglobal from their website. Going through DHL or FedEx directly will not work because the school can never release the i20

That why it's always good to check the school policy

These days there isn't so much difference in price between eshipglobal and using FedEx directly . It used to be like double but now about $60 - $70 which is about the range price going direct so it not much difference in terms of price

Only difference one can pay in naira the other can't.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

That why it's always good to check the school policy

These days there isn't so much difference in price between eshipglobal and using FedEx directly . It used to be like double but now about $60 - $70 which is about the range price going direct so it not much difference in terms of price

Only difference one can pay in naira the other can't.
It used to be 62 dollars for FedEx and somewhere around 90-95 dollars for DHL and UPS. But now,FedEx from their website through eshipglobal is 96 dollars and UPS is now the cheapest at 92 dollars.
Infact currently there is no option for FedEx and DHL but only for UPS at 92. I think its on the high side,anything from 60-70 dollars should have been better,because paying from Nigeria to pick it up anywhere in the US through DHL offices in Lagos is 21,620 naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NigPatriot(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
@Walspring Please is the GRE discounted promo still running?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Olalekank:

Wow. I'm finishing my degree in computer science soon... Choi.
My GPA won't be sufficient for a MSC. I intend to go for Computer science again (bsc) preferably in the US for reasons which are absurd.

I get where you're coming from now but then again, you'll have to thoroughly convince the VO that you have great and genuine intentions for having to go back for the same program in The States.

All non-Americans going to study in The States are seen as potential immigrants so you'll have to do your best in convincing the VO. Blessings!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2018
hello house this question might b ridiculous pls do schools/embassy accept monthly pay slip as a proof of financial fund ? pls dnt attack me ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2018
Chukason1:

Hello .. how were you able to convince the VO without a bank statement or proof you can fend financially for yourself...?

you are lucky to be granted a visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 1:07am On Apr 14, 2018
brightdocare:

write at least one test....either sat or toefl for embassy sake. goodluck
is the school tuition free

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.