Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916585 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 11:31am On May 14, 2018
Hello house,

I noticed there is no place to indicate that a parent is deceased on the DS160 form. Is it ideal to talk about my late dad during the interview if a question warrants it(even though I rightly filled in his date of birth in the form)? Hope it won't weaken my presentation in anyway...Pls I need proper guidance on this from a kind soul. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pablo1313(m): 11:40am On May 14, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I responded back to pm

You got my pm too right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 14, 2018
RoadAnimations:

Depends on the department.
For Electrical Engineering.
TOEFL must be 88 and above.
GRE ( quantitative ) must be 155
To get TA or RA is very competitive.

I had 317 in GRE ( 160 Quantitative )
TOEFL was 97
Undergraduate was 3.82
Write your SOP yourself and ensure it reflects who you really are and your career goals.
Wish you all the best.

Please which school is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 14, 2018
learner007:
Hello house,

I noticed there is no place to indicate that a parent is deceased on the DS160 form. Is it ideal to talk about my late dad during the interview if a question warrants it(even though I rightly filled in his date of birth in the form)? Hope it won't weaken my presentation in anyway...Pls I need proper guidance on this from a kind soul. Thanks

no need talking about your late Dad,just fill in your parents names and date of birth as the form required. ...
You will only be ask about your sponsor, like who is paying for this, what does he/she do, why paying for this.... I hope this help

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ije5oma(f): 12:26pm On May 14, 2018
Visa denied today..I’m sad

@lagosismyhome @texrem @Walspring etc you have have been doing a great job helping people..I think I need to practice more kindly assist...I’ve been trying to send pms but I don’t quite understand how it works.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 12:32pm On May 14, 2018
Ije5oma:

@lagosismyhome @texrem @Walspring etc you have have been doing a great job helping people..I think I need to practice more kindly assist...I’ve been trying to send pms but I don’t quite understand how it works.

So sorry , things would surely work out una better way soon, take heart
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ezedan1(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2018
Please help a brother out abeg una.....

Hello house pls kindly help me with your advice.
I just graduated last year and I studied communication technology in National open university.
I came out with 2.89 as my cgpa.
I am aiming to apply for masters degree program in USA but do I still need TOEFL or GRE test?
Are there schools that don't ask for this?
Please I need your advice so I can start my application processing.
Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 12:54pm On May 14, 2018
Hi Everyone, I’ve gotten my admission pack and I don’t know how to get my ds160 form please can anyone put me thorough abeg??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:57pm On May 14, 2018
Hello great citizens of nairaland. I was suppose to go for NYSC in April, but due to NASU Strike UNIBEN missed out, with a promise to go in July. Fast forward to this month, we got to know there would be no new registration in July and it will be til November. Now I wanted to take the next step by immediately applying for admissions abroad instead of waiting for November to come for NYSC. I want to know if I will be able to make September admission and the requirements i will need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2018
Ije5oma:

so sorry.. take heart and make sure you prepare well...... can you share the transcript of the interview with us ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 1:16pm On May 14, 2018
banji001:
Hi Everyone, I’ve gotten my admission pack and I don’t know how to get my ds160 form please can anyone put me thorough abeg??

The form is not in your admission pack. fill it here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp and pay your sevis fee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 1:19pm On May 14, 2018
folmus:

The form is not in your admission pack. fill it here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp and pay your sevis fee.

Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CalebClinton: 1:48pm On May 14, 2018
Ije5oma:

Sorry ooo....you can apply again once u believe u can perform better, work on your mistake, do more of practice and consult people of more knowledge in this, with these you can rise again...many got danied once and they never give up thereafter they got approved..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jonat2rule: 1:59pm On May 14, 2018
Please fellows, I had filled, submitted and scheduled VISA APPOINTMENT but I didn't upload photo due to the fact that the system rejected my passport/photo and asked me to continue without uploading which I did, Please hope this won't affect my scheduled appointment? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 2:08pm On May 14, 2018
Ije5oma:

Sorry my dear,
please share your transcript so that gurus in the house can help you evaluate it, so that you can learn your mistakes, and get your visa next one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2018
Jonat2rule:
Please fellows, I had filled, submitted and scheduled VISA APPOINTMENT but I didn't upload photo due to the fact that the system rejected my passport/photo and asked me to continue without uploading which I did, Please hope this won't affect my scheduled appointment? Thanks in anticipation
which date were you given......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adespecial: 2:37pm On May 14, 2018
banji001:
Please which school did u apply to ND can I still apply for this year
banji001:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by exxy(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
Hello great citizens of nairaland. I was suppose to go for NYSC in April, but due to NASU Strike UNIBEN missed out, with a promise to go in July. Fast forward to this month, we got to know there would be no new registration in July and it will be til November. Now I wanted to take the next step by immediately applying for admissions abroad instead of waiting for November to come for NYSC. I want to know if I will be able to make September admission and the requirements i will need.
Greatest Uniben student, are you coming for masters if so you need to take the GRE and choose schools u intend to apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 2:45pm On May 14, 2018
Anybody please. Mr Walspring..

My new passport is being processed cos I've paid and done Biometric. I want to book an appointment date since its taking longer than I expected. Can I use my Old passport Number to Book an appointment while I wait for the new one ? Or I wait till new one comes out ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2018
kikky91:
Pls the gurus in the house I am a little confused abt statement of account issue... Pls i want to knw is it that the statement should have load of cash on it OR just that there should be inflow and outflow of cash on the account. Thanks for your responses

PLS I NEED ANWERS PLS GURUS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayoola222: 3:04pm On May 14, 2018
Thank you. My admission is for fall semester this year. I hope I will still get available slot for an appointment and if I do not, what is the implication?

You need your sevis no to book an appointment.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ezedan1(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2018
Ezedan1:

I just graduated last year and I studied communication technology in National open university.
I am aiming to apply for masters degree program in USA but do I still need TOEFL or GRE test?
Thank you very much.

Abeg I need answers please my fellow people give me information on what to do. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2018
Good day Nairaland,
I was offered admission into MA Economics program at Wichita state university. My appointment has been scheduled for 28th of May for 7. A. M.
Here is my proposed transcript. I want corrections and additions from you guys.

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How was your night?
Vo: Pass me your i20 and passport
Me: Passes
Vo: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Wichita State University 1845, Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260.
Vo: why are you going to Wichita state university?
Me: for my master degree in Economics
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, namely, Wichita state university, Murray state University and Western Illinois University.
Vo: So why WSU?
Me: Apart from the fact that the state where the school is located is economically conducive and my mentor being an alumni of the school, the school offers excellent education to it students through high quality teaching and a well structured research activities. WSU MA Economics gives room for flexibility because they offer three different tracks which are Financial Economics, Economics analysis and international Economics. All the three tracks seek to provide students with analytical skills useful in decision making and a broader understanding of the overall economic environment. The financial track is my main area of interest because I have found a career in the financial sector. The school curriculum is compatible with my academic background and career interest. The program has good professors and also give a lot of time for business projects that mirror real work environment conditions. This is called Analysis of business condition and forecasting (Econ 803) in the department curriculum. This particular course is rare in other schools curriculum.
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study .
Vo: What are your core courses?
Me: Math. Method in Economics Econ 701. Applied Econometrics Econ 731. Macro & Micro Analysis Econ 801 & 802. Analysis of Business forecasting Econ 803. Applied Econometrics II Econ 831.

Vo: What will the course do for you?
Me: I already work in the financial sector, masters will make me more competitive for promotion to higher position and accord me the opportunity to edge closer to the highest cadre in the financial sector by working directly with the Apex Bank of Nigeria where I can be able to advice Nigerian Government and non governmental parastatal on the best Economic practices and suitable policy. This is my long term dream.
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad and my aunty
Vo: what does your dad and your aunty do?
Me: my dad is a mechanical engineer who works with Federal Government and also own a private workshop. My aunt is chief account at ABC company.

This is the little work I have done with guide from Nairaland. I need you guys to give comments. Thank you all as I await your contributions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ajokeomopupa: 3:08pm On May 14, 2018
Hi house!! Is anyone going to Atlantis university ds fall or anyone dre at d moment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2018
StarBoy54:
Hello guys! University of new haven asked me to send a letter of affidavit of support. What does it mean? And how do i go about it. Thanks

I am also going there Pls can't we pm so that we can share idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 3:46pm On May 14, 2018
Okay. I'll drop my number in your mailbox
kikky91:

I am also going there Pls can't we pm so that we can share idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2018
Abacino007:
Good day Nairaland,
I was offered admission into MA Economics program at Wichita state university. My appointment has been scheduled for 28th of May for 7. A. M.
Here is my proposed transcript. I want corrections and additions from you guys.

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How was your night?
Vo: Pass me your i20 and passport
Me: Passes
Vo: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Wichita State University 1845, Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260.
Vo: why are you going to Wichita state university?
Me: for my master degree in Economics
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, namely, Wichita state university, Murray state University and Western Illinois University.
Vo: So why WSU?
Me: Apart from the fact that the state where the school is located is economically conducive and my mentor being an alumni of the school, the school offers excellent education to it students through high quality teaching and a well structured research activities. WSU MA Economics gives room for flexibility because they offer three different tracks which are Financial Economics, Economics analysis and international Economics. All the three tracks seek to provide students with analytical skills useful in decision making and a broader understanding of the overall economic environment. The financial track is my main area of interest because I have found a career in the financial sector. The school curriculum is compatible with my academic background and career interest. The program has good professors and also give a lot of time for business projects that mirror real work environment conditions. This is called Analysis of business condition and forecasting (Econ 803) in the department curriculum. This particular course is rare in other schools curriculum.
Lastly, I contacted Dr Philip Persh prior to applying, I told him about my research plans towards the proposed program and he was impressed by the research plans. We will be working on a thesis with the topic Nexus between Inflation and unemployment from (1990 - 2017)using Nigeria and United state as a case study .
Vo: What are your core courses?
Me: Math. Method in Economics Econ 701. Applied Econometrics Econ 731. Macro & Micro Analysis Econ 801 & 802. Analysis of Business forecasting Econ 803. Applied Econometrics II Econ 831.

Vo: What will the course do for you?
Me: I already work in the financial sector, masters will make me more competitive for promotion to higher position and accord me the opportunity to edge closer to the highest cadre in the financial sector by working directly with the Apex Bank of Nigeria where I can be able to advice Nigerian Government and non governmental parastatal on the best Economic practices and suitable policy. This is my long term dream.
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad and my aunty
Vo: what does your dad and your aunty do?
Me: my dad is a mechanical engineer who works with Federal Government and also own a private workshop. My aunt is chief account at ABC company.

This is the little work I have done with guide from Nairaland. I need you guys to give comments. Thank you all as I await your contributions

You have really done a great work, please be outspoken and look the VO eyes while talking. I wish you good luck and mine to come also.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BabaOman(f): 3:52pm On May 14, 2018
kikky91:

PLS I NEED ANWERS PLS GURUS

kikky91:
Pls the gurus in the house I am a little confused abt statement of account issue... Pls i want to knw is it that the statement should have load of cash on it OR just that there should be inflow and outflow of cash on the account. Thanks for your responses

you need another answer? SMH

@folmus answers below:
Inflow and outflow with balance that cover your first year's expenses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2018
yuscodguy:

You have really done a great work, please be outspoken and look the VO eyes while talking. I wish you good luck and mine to come also.
Thanks,
I wish you all the best also.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2018
BabaOman:

kikky91:

you need another answer? SMH

@folmus answers below:
Inflow and outflow with balance that cover your first year's expenses.

That alot for ur response I Jst saw it now I have been busy.... Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cojunior: 4:09pm On May 14, 2018
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question. Please I could not find program level or educational level on the ds160 when I was filling it. They only asked for course of study and I wrote my course:" Educational Management". is that OK? I have submitted and booked a date though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seeker88(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2018
Ezedan1:

Thank you very much.
I have seen this post repeatedly here. The information you seek is one you can easily get on this thread if you take your time to read through. This explains why nobody is responding to your post....

With your cgpa, you can still get admission in US schools, but I really don’t understand why you want schools that don’t ask for GRE and TOEFL. Depending on the area you are considering your masters program on, taking these tests will boost your chances of getting the admission and visa too. So I’d suggest you search online to check schools that can accept your range of cgpa, then take those test to increase your chances.

Meanwhile, if you can take your time to read through this thread, you would get a plethora of info that will help you throughout your application process. You can do everything yourself! All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.