Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Man City We’re Lucky And Our Defending Was Disgraceful - Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City We’re Lucky And Our Defending Was Disgraceful - Jose Mourinho (419 Views)

Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star / Ramos Is The Most Lucky And Most Accomplished Player In History / Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man City We’re Lucky And Our Defending Was Disgraceful - Jose Mourinho by Sport4all(m): 8:12am On Dec 11, 2017
JOSE MOURINHO has called Manchester City “lucky” while branding his own team’s defending “disgraceful” after Manchester United lost 2-1 at old Trafford.
David Silva opened the scoring for Pep Guardiola‘s visitors in the 43rd minute before Marcus Rashford levelled the scoreline late in the first-half.
Jose Mourinho has branded Manchester City as foulers 24 hours after calling them divers
City regained their lead in the 54th minute through Nicolas Otamendi’s volley and the Premier League leaders held on for the victory.
The Sky Blues won the game to go 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League.
The Manchester United boss suggested the Premier League leaders were fortunate to seal a record 14th consecutive win.
Mourinho told Sky Sports: “I think they are lucky, I think they have all these decisions in their favour. “We can speak about anything you want, we can bring any football theory, stats, ball possession, everything you want but like last season it is a huge penalty in a crucial moment.
“You expect City to score great goals, not to score two disgraceful goals.
They had apparent control of the game but the biggest save is the double save of their goalkeeper [Ederson].”
Mourinho was also critical of Michael Oliver performance, in particular, the referee’s decision to book Ander Herrera for diving rather than award his side a penalty. “Clear penalty. I am sorry for us, sorry for Michael [Oliver], I think he had a good performance, but it’s a clear penalty,” said Mourinho.
“The ref made a mistake, which can happen. Last season we had a similar situation here against City, winning 2-1 and Mr Clattenburg didn’t see the penalty; Claudio Bravo on Wayne Rooney.
“It is a clear penalty. I am sorry for Michael Oliver because I think he had a good performance.”
When asked if he believed City’s players went down easily, Mourinho said: “True. OK.
“The referee is a human being, he tried his best, I think he was very committed to have a good a match, which I think he had, but he made one mistake that is a crucial mistake for the result of the match.”
For more football stories and livescores visit:

https://enweremu..com.ng/
Re: Man City We’re Lucky And Our Defending Was Disgraceful - Jose Mourinho by butterfly777(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2017
Mourinho is not a good sportsman. Atleast give your opponent some respect.
Re: Man City We’re Lucky And Our Defending Was Disgraceful - Jose Mourinho by judedwriter(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2017
I am a man u fan, but i must admit it's time morinho kissed the premiership title bye...UNLESS...man city's robotic players breakdown with fatigue.

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Contract With FCB Leaked As Exact Earnings And Clauses Revealed / Start Winning Now!!! / Joseph Parker Say His Training Dey Make Fear Catch Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.