Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience (793 Views)

Brig-Gen Yusha'u Dogara Ahmed Appointed New NYSC DG / Shuaibu Ibrahim: I Will Rather Die Than Lose One Corps Member — New NYSC DG / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience by ageraGT: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi, this afternoon I received an SMS displayed at the bottom of this post from 08132044453 claiming to be my friend from plateau camp, I didn't recall having any friend called Gabriel back in camp, am an introvert and I don't like to mingle so if I make a friend am sure I will definitely remember, I asked him if he was on whatsapp so I can see a face but he replied no! Saying he owns only a facebook page I quickly navigated to facebook and couldn't find his name still....i called back and said I was interested in the job he immediately asked me to call his in-law Dr Paul on 09034205695. I called Dr Paul and he was emphasizing on how the employment was internal and some gibberish I couldn't hear, so he asked me where I would like to work Abuja, Lagos or P.H? and should send my details to him so he can forward the form to me but he didn't forget to mention I will pay 25k (twenty five thousand natural for the form). I knew it was a scam immediately I read the SMS I just wanted to be very sure so I don't miss an opportunity. My concerning issue now is this: how did he know my name, where I served and my platoon(mentioned it on phone). We all have to be careful so we don't fall into these traps by people looking for Christmas money. Cheers

Re: New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Loool I got that message too, as well as many other corp members I know. This scam has been running for years funny enough. As soon as I got the message, I knew it was a scam and when I checked his number on Truecaller, it was marked as spam. I sha hope no one would fall into this trap because we all know the struggle to get a job after NYSC is very real.
The scammer even called me by my middle name and no one ever calls me that grin

(1) (Reply)

Fire Prevention And Protection Certification Training Nationwide / Single Room For Rent At Ajileye Str., Akoka - Ajileye St, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria / BSU Student Kidnapped On His Way To NYSC Camp Gains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.