Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

BAD Experience With JUMIA - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BAD Experience With JUMIA (1301 Views)

Your Bad Experience At Computer Village Ikeja / Share A Good/bad Experience On A Smartphone You've Used / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
Made an order for my kid sister for a power bank on jumia.com, it was delivered on the 2nd week of november.

I was at work when it was delivered, when I got home my sister showed the power bank to me and it turned out to be a used knockoff sorry excuse for a powerbank. The problems were:

- was totally different from what I ordered
- it had been used and repackaged with lots of scratches on it and a label used to cover up some of the scratches!
- wasn't charging properly
- almost burnt down the house

I made a return the next day and jumia claimed they'll make a refund in 2weeks but now it's been more than a month now and jumia have refused to send my money. I was going to ignore this and count my losses but jumia have got me really pissed off with their lies and incompetence!. This is a transfer of just 5k+ but jumia claims my bank hasn't initiated the transfer (can you imagine??), My bank account receives international wire transfers and large sums of transfers yet jumia claims a transfer of 5k+ hasn't been initiated by my bank!

Okay, fine. I called my bank a week ago and my account officer claims jumia has made no transfer at all!. Jumia as of now has refused to respond to my calls and emails.

Jumia please kindly refund me and stop the lies and incompetence, it might be a little sum but I worked hard for it. It's more than a month now
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
tartarus:
Made an order for my kid sister for a power bank on jumia.com, it was delivered on the 2nd week of number.

I was at work when it was delivered, when I got home my sister showed the power bank to me and it turned out to be a used knockoff sorry excuse for a powerbank. The problems were:

- was totally different from what I ordered
- it had been used and repackaged with lots of scratches on it and a label used to cover up some of the scratches!
- wasn't charging properly
- almost burnt down the house

I made a return the next day and jumia claimed they'll make a refund in 2weeks but now it's been more than a month now and jumia have refused to send my money. I was going to ignore this and count my losses but jumia have got me really pissed off with their lies incompetence!. This is a transfer of just 5k+ but jumia claims my bank hasn't initiated the transfer (can you imagine??), My bank account receives international wire transfers and large sums of transfers yet jumia claims a transfer of 5k+ hasn't been initiated by my bank!

Okay, fine. I called my bank and week ago and my account officer claims jumia has made no transfer at all!. Jumia as of now has refused to respond to my calls and emails.

Jumia please kindly refund me and stop the lies and incompetence, it might be a little sum but I worked hard for it. It's more than a month now
Easy brother.....just free them with their wahala. I ordered and they gave me something else entirely. Keep mailing them like mumu. Dont be hasty. So that when you act people go know say you try. Speaking from experience
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by richeeyo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
Sue them you would gain more

2 Likes

Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
cummando:

Easy brother.....just free them with their wahala. I ordered and they gave me something else entirely. Keep mailing them like mumu. Dont be hasty. So that when you act people go know say you try. Speaking from experience

Thanks bro. The reason why I'm even pissed is cos of their many petty lies! undecided
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by punisha: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
I know how you feel. I suggest u order more stuff and seize d delivery man's shoes when he comes around. They will respond.
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
punisha:
I know how you feel. I suggest u order more stuff and seize d delivery man's shoes when he comes around. They will respond.

Lol sure thing bro grin
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by zamanii: 8:01am On Dec 12, 2017
Bro just count your loss and ignore jumia because they won't return a dime.

I ordered for a phone case, earphone and a supposed Samsung 'fast charger'. When all my orders arrived, to say I was disappointed in what I got is an understatement. The earphone is terrible as I hardly hear anything, the phone case had scratches all over and the charger's the slowest I've ever seen

I didn't bother to complain because it would only amount to a waste of time

1 Like

Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by jooey11: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2017
Jumia gets away with these things cos pple refuse to fight them. It's happened to me before, both jumia and konga and I got my money back, just troll them on social media especially Twitter, that's what I did and I didn't stop until I got my money back.

2 Likes

Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2017
jooey11:
Jumia gets away with these things cos pple refuse to fight them. It's happened to me before, both jumia and konga and I got my money back, just troll them on social media especially Twitter, that's what I did and I didn't stop until I got my money back.
Yeah they only respond when trolled on social media
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2017
zamanii:

I ordered for a phone case, earphone and a supposed Samsung 'advise 'charger'. When all my orders arrived, to say I was disappointed in what I got is an understatement. The earphone is terrible as I hardly hear anything, the phone case had scratches all over and the charger's the slowest I've ever seen

Sorry about that bro
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by GrandMufti: 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
All these complains because they don't have a reliable escrow.

Op I hope you get the refund soonest
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by Ochima75(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
zamanii:

I ordered for a phone case, earphone and a supposed Samsung 'advise 'charger'. When all my orders arrived, to say I was disappointed in what I got is an understatement. The earphone is terrible as I hardly hear anything, the phone case had scratches all over and the charger's the slowest I've ever seen

I ve actually experienced such wt jumia but myn was a mismatched item they brought and I was refunded via voucher.... But now m currently on a refund issue wt them toooo and i am not giving them breathing space

So o. P i suggest u troll them on social media like i am about to do especially if u gt twitter and also fb too on thr group page them go refund u
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by tartarus(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ochima75:

I ve actually experienced such wt jumia but myn was a mismatched item they brought and I was refunded via voucher.... But now m currently on a refund issue wt them toooo and i am not giving them breathing space

So o. P i suggest u troll them on social media like i am about to do especially if u gt twitter and also fb too on thr group page them go refund u
im on it already bro
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by zamanii: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
tartarus:

Sorry about that bro
Thanks man
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by zamanii: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ochima75:

Wish you all the best o, you will need it. Can't stress myself
Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
All these things are from 3rd party sellers and they are ruining jumia and Kong's reputation. Those 3rd party sellers will upload 1 thing and when u order they deliver something else. That was how I bought a Samsung led tv for 120k and what they delivered to me was a knock off chinko Samsung TV with plastic build. Thank God I had another Samsung TV at home, the remote control was imirstion and the Samsung logo on the tv and remote we're already peeling off. The Samsung logo original Samsung TVs are printed from the inside so they can't run off, but this one was printed on the outside and it was already robbing off. Na with speed I take return am.

I also ordered for a Galaxy S7 clear back case for 5k and the stupid 3rd party seller delivered a fake flimsy case that doesn't even in any way look like what was advertised. I had the feeling they will deliver the wrong thing so I told the delivery man that I will open it before paying. After opening it I told the guy this is not what I ordered. I showed him the picture of what was advertised and he saw it was different. Jumia should caution those 3rd party sellers.

2 Likes

Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by zamanii: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:
All these things are from 3rd party sellers and they are ruining jumia and Kong's reputation. Those 3rd party sellers will upload 1 thing and when u order they deliver something else. That was how I bought a Samsung led tv for 120k and what they delivered to me was a knock off chinko Samsung TV with plastic build. Thank God I had another Samsung TV at home, the remote control was imirstion and the Samsung logo on the tv and remote we're already peeling off. The Samsung logo original Samsung TVs are printed from the inside so they can't run off, but this one was printed on the outside and it was already robbing off. Na with speed I take return am.

I also ordered for a Galaxy S7 clear back case for 5k and the stupid 3rd party seller delivered a fake flimsy case that doesn't even in any way look like what was advertised. I had the feeling they will deliver the wrong thing so I told the delivery man that I will open it before paying. After opening it I told the guy this is not what I ordered. I showed him the picture of what was advertised and he saw it was different. Jumia should caution those 3rd party sellers.

The refusal of jumia to tackle these fraudulent 3rd party sellers suggests that they are conspiring with them. I mean, how would someone be using your platform to defraud unsuspecting people yet you refuse to do something about it, knowing fully well that it would affect your business in the long run

2 Likes

Re: BAD Experience With JUMIA by Samyj247: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
I bin wan buy fon from Jumia but I no buy again

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Experience Fast 4G LTE Connectivity With The Infinix Zero 5/5 Pro / In Need Of Lenovo A5890 Screen And Touchpad / Insiders Revealed Why Globacom Cannot Afford 9mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.