Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave (577 Views)

Did Jesus spend 3 days in the tomb? Father Ugwu explains / Did Jesus Spend 3 Days And 3 Nights As He Promised? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by yourstruely: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
Christendom has coerced us through various means into believing that Jesus was buried on a Friday evening and rose from the dead on a Sunday morning.

I am yet to understand how it is then we are usually told that Jesus spent three days and three nights in the grave unless their is some new branch of mathematics that make Friday evening to Sunday morning three days and nights. Over to you Bible scholars and Christian people.
Re: Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by Olemabu(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
yourstruely:
Christendom has coerced us through various means into believing that Jesus was buried on a Friday evening and rose from the dead on a Sunday morning.

I am yet to understand how it is then we are usually told that Jesus spent three days and three nights in the grave unless their is some new branch of mathematics that make Friday evening to Sunday morning three days and nights. Over to you Bible scholars and Christian people.
it's funny but nowhere in the bible says that Jesus spent 3 days and 3 nights.... it was always said that he rises on the 3RD day... 3 days was actually 3rd day things... even Jonah too... it was 3rd day... we don't know where the 3 days and 3 nights is coming from... maybe from nollywood

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by Chinwe01: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
Olemabu:

it's funny but nowhere in the bible says that Jesus spent 3 days and 3 nights.... it was always said that he rises on the 3RD day... 3 days was actually 3rd day things... even Jonah too... it was 3rd day... we don't know where the 3 days and 3 nights is coming from... maybe from nollywood

This is the best response I could see in a lifetime.
Re: Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by Zenithpeak(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
yourstruely:

If you really want to know why, just kill yourself or be rude to SARS operatives, then go to the grave sleep there as long as you want, then resurrect. May be having the experience first hand will clear your doubt.
Re: Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by osewanu(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
In Jewish tradition, every part of a day is counted as one day. So he was crucified on Friday (1)
Saturday (2)
Rose on Sunday (3).....
3 days by Jewish tradition
Re: Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
yourstruely:
The lies of Christendom aside, while Jesus Christ may have been buried in the ground on Friday, He died at 3 pm on the day before, a Thursday. And if you do your math, from 3 pm Thursday to about 6 am Sunday, you have 3 days. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn:Am Guilty Of preaching Prosperity Outside what the Bible teaches / Solution To Eating In Dreams / Meet A Prophet For Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.