Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". (960 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
PREFACE.......
As a result of willing to share my life story, I have decided to come up with this little (imperfect) work.
This is my first story on nairaland and it's no fiction!
The story may not meet your standard because there are better ones here but nevertheless, after reading this, you will be glad you did.
Every comments are welcomed (encouragements and criticisms alike).
Copyright: Every thing that is contained in this work is a property of Mamah Thaddeus Onyedikachi, a current student of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. No part of this work is permitted to be published in any form and by anyone expect on legal terms with the Author.
N.B.: The phone I use now is a button phone with typing capacity of '1021' letters. As a result, the updates will be short but will always come in more than an update at a time.
Stay Tuned.
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by Bestchisom(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
In the life of every man, there is always this secret that will always remain with you.
There is always be this experience which you will ever live to remember.
There are also others that we will ever live to regret.
There are some you will always want people to hear of.
There will be some experiences that other ears except that of a trusted friend will never be priviledged to hear of.
Life is always on a both side.
You sad today, tomorrow, you are happy.
You are poor today, tomorrow, you are rich.
You fail today, tomorrow, you succeed.
And more disheartening, we live today but tomorrow, we are gone.
And it becomes a history of our existence.
If the events of life smile at you today, do same in return because you may not be opportuned to do that by tomorrow.
#StayTuned.
Updates will always come whenever there's time for me but there must always be something in every week.
For contacts: onyedikamamah@yahoo.com
FaceBook: Mamah A. O. Thaddeus.

1 Like

Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
EPISODE ONE.
CHAPTER ONE: The Life Begins.
It was a joyous moment as the cry of a new born is heard in the family of the Mamahs' on the 2nd of May, in the late 90's.
The fourth child, & their third son is born!
Many heard of this; which as a result, numerous number of legs trooped in to confirm as well as to celebrate the goodnews.
The neighbourhood is lively once more!
It all started in the then little community of "mutum biu (hausa)" in the Gassol L.G.A. of Taraba State.
"Although we humans may put up some principles or logics but at the end, God has the final say".
My parents hoped to have me as a girl child (preferably) probably to balance the already available one girl child & 2 boys.
A boy is the first child, a female(and my only sister) as second, while my immediate senior is a boy. Maybe they wanted the circle to move in that form but as nature will have it, it was not as wished.
That was how I became an official member of the family.
TBC.......
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
****Continued****
As a bait to draw sympathy, many people are found of always telling their sickness story when still a baby but, in mine, I hav/had no story to tell.
Infact, my mother is still unable to recall any memorable event of me falling sick as a child unlike some of my siblings.
The only memorable event, which i can relate to with my childhood (as a baby) can only be linked to the occured changes.
Looking at my then picture, my head was running short of hairs unlike the 'me' of today and I came with a very fair skin..
Probably that had to change because of the northern harsh weather conditions.
Although I can't get a more detailed and advanced information about my stay over their, maybe due to a short stay, but I will tell you that my stay over there had many things to do even far later in my life and it was fun.
I can still remember, without being told, my Catholic Reverend Father Friend, whom i looked forward to just be like when I grow up.
He was more than a friend to me then.
#StayTuned.
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by Divepen1(m): 1:13am On Dec 12, 2017
To start with, your call for criticism sounded like a confrontation. I'm not sure I'm bold enough to stand your prowess. I'm writing firstly as a reader; secondly as a lover of Literature; thirdly as a writertainer; fourthly, on behalf of everyone that might assume you are putting on a wall in your post.
Your story is smeared with a lot of adjectives that are disfiguring the beautiful imagination you're pushing us into. More so, your tense usage is another thing you should deal with. You were oscillating between the past and present tense in your tenses, especially the auxiliary verbs.

Lest I forget, avoid abbreviations like plague. And try to ladden the write-ups with enough things to hooks us.

Try reading on places you can hook your readers. I wrote a version of it here:
http://writertain.com/2017/11/09/607/

1 Like

Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2017
Divepen1:
To start with, your call for criticism sounded like a confrontation. I'm not sure I'm bold enough to stand your prowess. I'm writing firstly as a reader; secondly as a lover of Literature; thirdly as a writertainer; fourthly, on behalf of everyone that might assume you are putting on a wall in your post.
Your story is smeared with a lot of adjectives that are disfiguring the beautiful imagination you're pushing us into. More so, your tense usage is another thing you should deal with. You were oscillating between the past and present tense in your tenses, especially the auxiliary verbs.

Lest I forget, avoid abbreviations like plague. And try to ladden the write-ups with enough things to hooks us.

Try reading on places you can hook your readers. I wrote a version of it here:
http://writertain.com/2017/11/09/607/
Thanks bro.. I just changed some things. Hope it is better now.
I don't have any experience in writing but willing to develop with every opportunity

1 Like

Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by OlufemiWhit(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Oya come and continue
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
**Continuation**
Born into a root-faithed Catholic Family, life was all i could have ever wished for from the initial stage.
My parents, a member of both the church chior and Catholic Charismatic Renawal, were among the best classified figures in the church.
By that, there's this kind of deep relationship between the priests in our parish and my family.
My dad wasn't rich but he was not poor either.
Then, in the setting of Mutum Biu, my dad traded provision and also worked as a Volcanizer.
On the other hand, mum tries to also contribute to the family affairs through the sale of fried yam, bean cake (akara) and other related things.
As the only son of the family, whose father died earlier than expected, my dad at an early age, was faced with the responsibility of taking care of his three sisters.
This and other factors, were what pushed my father out to search for green pastures just after his SSCE.
The wish of my parents were actually to raise a happy home.
Did this wish of theirs turn to reality?
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
**CONTINUATION**
As a growing up kid in Taraba State, the best of my days there were recorded from my time of friendship with Rev. fr. Bature.
Although he is a friend to children but to me, it seem like i was the only legal friend.
He gave me all the freedom that i would ever gave asked for.
I could remember on the occassions of christmas, after going there with my brothers to be entertained.
After that, he will strictly tell us to tell every other child that comes to his house that he's not around..
lolz...
As a grown up, i just wonder why he kept using us to lie then..
It's always fun to be a child.
After then, what next?
TBC......
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
**Continuation**
CHAPTER TWO: Life After Taraba State.
A certain sharia riot triggered our return from Taraba state.
What caused this riot is what i can't tell till this day but the most said rumor of then placed it as a riot between the muslims and their christian counterparts.
Leaving Taraba by late 2000's, we headed to my maternal home in the Igbo Eze South L.G.A. of Enugu State.
Initially, it was a complete turn over of life as we didn't return with any property.
Thanks to the house which my father already built then.
A four bedroom bungalow.
After our return, my father kept travelling to Taraba alone and returning from time to time until it became obvious that his location of business have to be changed since the state isn't that safe again.
Upon returning to make up for a better place, my dad took we all to a certain Community called Ibagwa Aka in same local government as mine.
The current transportation cost from there to my maternity home is #50.
Guess what happened when he took us there!
TBC
Re: A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
**Continuation**
On reaching Ibagwa Aka, my dad rented a shop and house.
In the shop, another new business of provision sales was started.
Due to the fact that my father do travel often, in search for better opportunities, my mother became the instant sole manager of the business; not neglecting her initial frying business.
From the two businesses, the major family demands were soughted out.
From there, i made many friends from the neighbourhood which have a notable number of children.
I can still few of their names like Chinedu Eze, Uchenna Eze, Odinaka, Onyinye, Afam, uncle Chiji and also late Aunt Uka. MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Due to that religious background, I instantly became a member of the Block Rosary in my area.
Our center is called "The Mother Of Our Creator" Center which is along the Achum Street in Ibagwa Aka.
The name of cordinator then (i don't know if he's still the cordinator) was Bro Sunday Mamah.
A tailor by profession till this day.
As a Rosarian, what was life like?
TBC......

(1) (Reply)

Irresistable Priest (18+) / Charlie And The Chocolate Factory / Help With Yoruba Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.