Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why Do Muscles Feel Tight If They Are Not Actually Tight? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Muscles Feel Tight If They Are Not Actually Tight? (371 Views)

95% Of People Who Have Bad Breath Does Not Actually Have It / Temitayo Abayomi Lawal Battles Cancer Of The Muscles, Needs N4m / Vagina Overheat : Why Women Must Stop Wearing Tight Cloths - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Muscles Feel Tight If They Are Not Actually Tight? by lamodespa: 1:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello Nairalanders!

Welcome To La - Mode world And Tinosque:

So why would a muscle feel tight even if it is physically loose?

I will use pain to explain a little. Pain can exist even in the absence of tissue damage, because pain result from the perception of threat, and perception does not always match reality. Pain is essentially an alarm and alarm sometimes go off even when there is no real damager.

Perhaps a similar logic is involved in the feeling of tightness. The feeling happens when we unconsciously perceive ( rightly or wrongly) that there is threatening condition in the muscles that need a movement correction.

So what is the threatening condition that a feeling of tightness is trying to warn us about? Surely it is not just the presence of tension.

Muscles are made to create tension and we often feel tightness in the muscles even when there are almost completely relaxed.

So the tension is not a threat but the absence of adequate rest and adequate blood flow is a threat which could cause metabolic stress.

So the problem that the feeling of tightness is trying to warn us about is not the existence of tension but the frequency of tension or the lack of blood flow especially to the nerves which are very blood thirsty

With this in mind, I will say that the feeling of tightness is variety of pain, perhaps a pain too mild to call pain. But it is bothersome and has a certain character that motivates an interest in changing resting posture or moving around or stretching..

Which is different from certain pain, which often want to make you keep still. I will say that pain is warning us to not move certain area, while tightness is warning us to get moving.

Will continue on how to manage tightness and pain.

More tips will be shared with our followers. We can be reached : 08032229131, 08034335335

(1) (Reply)

Cleansing The Body Inside Out / Let Me Help You Design Your Blog And Teach You How To Make Money With It / Best Ways To Loss Weight Fast And Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.