Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

"Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers (13011 Views)

Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria / Flooding: Snakebite Kills Village Head’s Wife In Plateau / Why Men Must Suck Pregnant Partners’ Breasts Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by jobbers: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
hmmm
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by lordswill03: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2017
I'd suggest that anti-snake bite vaccine be distributed to farmers do that they'll immediately administer it incase of any eventuality. Or better still, there should be yearly immunisation for farmers against snake bite. I think it will be very difficult in most cases for a victim to come and start explaining the type of snake that bit him. One of the major problems that most farmers have is road accessibility, some farms are very far located from a major road. So tieing the affected area with clean cloth(dont know where they'll get such inside the farm), lowering it and limping to hospital to me is an impossibility. I think my above recommendations should be looked into. I so submit!

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2017
The practice of cutting and sucking the spot where the victim was bitten by the snake is an age-long practice and it works as first aid. I really wonder if this American nurse will teach an old dog new trick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by dnawah(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2017
oshe111:
But they have been sucking it and it has been EFFECTIVE.....

SO WHATS THIS OVER SABI SAYING
she no understand wetin they teach am,make she go watch snake in plane and see.
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by oshe111(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2017
dnawah:
she no understand wetin they teach am,make she go watch snake in plane and see.
Yeah....
wen d lady sucked the black dude's butt
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Offpoint: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2017
wolelove:
I hate snakes.....
e be like Sey you wan make lala ban yougrin
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Offpoint: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2017
Valindazz:
God knows how much I ate snake and I can't imagine that rubbish bite me oh, I heard the bite isn't painful as that of scorpion.

If scorpion bite you go know unlike snake
guy de day one black scorpion bite my neighbor for my present... na dat day I fear scorpion pass anything...
if you see the way grown woman de shout and cry like baby wey dey stick hot iron 4 him nyansh ehn...
aaaaaaaah, firrrreee, e de burn me, abeg pour water, from dia enter ha language xgdrh xgchgd xfghd abasi mi etebong pongtongbong korongkong and so on..
before I no de woman Don sweat full body like person wey run from daura to Afghanistangrin

better make snake bite than dat tin

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Cooleasy(m): 11:43am On Dec 13, 2017
The place where I once lived was infested with snakes. My last snake bite was sometime in November 2005. The only thing that saved my life was that I quickly sucked the venom out and spitted it away fast. I was taught exactly how to do this by an old farmer in a neighbouring farm. This method works if one sucks it out very quickly, before it begins to circulate. It doesn't circulate so fast, and one shouldn't run or shake the bite part or body so much before sucking it out. And, after sucking it one should not swallow. The sucking method is good if one experienced snake bite in a bush far away from medical facility. The idea of sucking out snake venom may seem strange to some, but if you have learnt how to do it, you will find yourself doing it spontaneously if you are bitten by a venomous snake and that is the only way you can save your life. It has saved my own life o. And upon that, I still killed the snake on that day because, instead of running away, the creature went to hide under a big stone and stayed there. After taking care of the bite, I went to check underneath the big rock and luckily it was still there and that was where I killed it; the 11th snake I would kill at that time. Try and live in a heavily forested area full of streams and be keeping chickens; you will be familiar with different species of snakes and you will know that sucking out snake venom could be a life saver. Our forefathers have been doing it for ages and I have benefited from it.
As for those who are disgusted by this method, just pray that you don't experience snake bite in a remote area, where the nearest possible help is very far away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by wolelove(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Offpoint:

e be like Sey you wan make lala ban yougrin
No be lie oooh...... grin grin grin
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by AngelicBeing: 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
Keneking:
grin

I think snakes needs to be given anti-venom meals.

I mean buy and distribute around in homes, farms, neighbourhood etc.

Then snakes can be initiated into the household as pet and guardian angel undecided
Hian, you have started again grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 28 2020 In Nigeria / My Experience With A Quack Doctor / Please Help Save My Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.