Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. (2485 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 New International Version (NIV)

Tithes

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

If you read further you'll get more insight on this. Let the pastors stop preaching Malachi 3:10 they should tell us the truth in the word of God and stop twisting it.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Malachi 3:10 is equally an important scripture why shouldn't it be preached?.

What you should ask is that the two scriptures be properly explained to congregations for better understanding

It looks like you forgot to read on to verse 27 and 28 of that same verse
And you shall not forsake or neglect the Levite [God’s minister] in your towns, for he has been given no share or inheritance with you.
AMP:At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your increase the same year and lay it up within your towns
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

What you should ask is that the two scriptures be properly explained to congregations for better understanding

Malachi was quoting from the book of Deuteronomy.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Malachi was quoting from the book of Deuteronomy.
Explain further
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 10:37am On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

And you shall not forsake or neglect the Levite [God’s minister] in your towns, for he has been given no share or inheritance with you.
AMP:At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your increase the same year and lay it up within your towns

@Verse 28 - Has your pastor ever told you to bring your tithe at the end of every 3 years?

Just accept that most of these pastors are bunch of fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

Explain further
MALACHI Was quoting Deuteronomy 14:28-29

At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

This was the levitical tithe that was once every three years
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Please, tell them.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by paxonel(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2017
Alright!
I went to church to drink don simeon ,
I'm back now
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2017
paxonel:
Booked grin

Is that another form of tithing or what?
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by buragidi(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2017
Who told you that Levites are God's ministers? That is very wrong. Levites are just one of the 12 tribes of Israel. They do not necessarily have to be priests. Every Levite is not a priest and every priest is not a Levite.

spartan117:

1 Like

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by paxonel(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

The funny thing is,
This instruction was specifically for the Jews back then and not for us christians today.

Why are we then killing ourselves paying tithe?
Even today Jews don't pay again
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2017
paxonel:

The funny thing is,
This instruction was specifically for the Jews back then and not for us Christians today.

Why are we then killing ourselves paying tithe?
Even today Jews don't pay again

My brother, I am entitled to eat my tithe, period.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2017
buragidi:
Who told you that Levites are God's ministers? That is very wrong. Levites are just one of the 12 tribes of Israel. They do not necessarily have to be priests. Every Levite is not a priest and every priest is not a Levite.

Didn't you read this verse or is the Bible lying?
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2017
Dyoungstar:

@Verse 28 - Has your pastor ever told you to bring your tithe at the end of every 3 years?

Just accept that most of these pastors are bunch of fraudsters.
Whether you choose to bring it every week or every 3yrs does not change the fact that it's still 1/10 of all your earnings, some people pay weekly, others monthly and some even pay annually, the figure is Still the same
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 11:22am On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

Whether you choose to bring it every week or every 3yrs does not change the fact that it's still 1/10 of all your earnings, some people pay weekly, others monthly and some even pay annually, the figure is Still the same

Have you sat down to ask yourself what your pastors do with the tithe members of the church pay?
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2017
Dyoungstar:

Have you sat down to ask yourself what your pastors do with the tithe members of the church pay?
Having held the privileged position of financial secretary in my church at a time, I can tell that most of the money is used to run the daily affairs of the church, buy musical equipments, expand church buildings, and a very large part goes to organizing programs all aimed at soul winning and Kingdom expansion. We have some full time pastors and evangelists who despite their respectable academic qualifications have given themselves full time to the work of the ministry, we pay these ministers and make sure they don't lack anything material so that they can focus on their full-time ministry work. Imagine the amount of money spent on a program like the experience, the cost of that program runs into billions of naira. Soul winning needs finance.

However it's true that there are some pastors who have misused this privilege and use ministry work to enrich themselves, for these individuals I leave them to God's judgement, openly castigating the whole church because of a few bad eggs is a distraction to the work of ministry and christianity in general
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by soulfood(m): 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
why is there such an argument about giving a tenth of your earnings to the work of God? Because they know him with their mouth and not in their hearts.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

Having held the privileged position of financial secretary in my church at a time, I can tell that most of the money is used to run the daily affairs of the church, buy musical equipments, expand church buildings, and a very large part goes to organizing programs all aimed at soul winning and Kingdom expansion. We have some full time pastors and evangelists who despite their respectable academic qualifications have given themselves full time to the work of the ministry, we pay these ministers and make sure they don't lack anything material so that they can focus on their full-time ministry work. Imagine the amount of money spent on a program like the experience, the cost of that program runs into billions of naira. Soul winning needs finance.

However it's true that there are some pastors who have misused this privilege and use ministry work to enrich themselves, for these individuals I leave them to God's judgement, openly castigating the whole church because of a few bad eggs is a distraction to the work of ministry and christianity in general

This still does not answer the question "Where did Jesus collect tithe in the bible?"

Talking about organizing events, shows and programmes, can you categorically tell that lives are genuinely touched, lost souls genuinely repent in these prgrammes that you spend millions and billions hosting?
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
soulfood:
why is there such an argument about giving a tenth of your earnings to the work of God? Because they know him with their mouth and not in their hearts.

Can you expatiate more on the meaning of this "work of God" you are talking about?
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

the bible never asked anyone to pay tithes weekly or monthly.Biblical tithes was annually

1 Like

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

the bible never asked anyone to pay tithes weekly or monthly.Biblical tithes was annually

And is to be used for the work of God, like feeding the pastors, the orphans, widows etc. Not for one man to stash them into his account and buy structures and jet-planes with them, telling us they are part of doing God's work - how many poor men enter those jets, those schools built with the tithe in question?

BULLSHIT!
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
Dyoungstar:

This still does not answer the question "Where did Jesus collect tithe in the bible?"

Talking about organizing events, shows and programmes, can you categorically tell that lives are genuinely touched, lost souls genuinely repent in these prgrammes that you spend millions and billions hosting?
I've no further interest in explaining this to you, your statement has made it clear that you are not a Christian, so that means you can't understand things of the Spirit unless you get saved
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by spartan117(m): 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Since you feel that it ought to be paid annually then pay yours annually, do you even pay tithes at all? Or are you even a Christian? If no then you have no business complaining
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by lovingJehovah: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
No true Christian tithes or supports it. That law of tithing is now a waste. Jesus took it away at his death on the stake.

1 Like

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

Since you feel that it ought to be paid annually then pay yours annually, do you even pay tithes at all? Or are you even a Christian? If no then you have no business complaining
what about you who claims t be a Christian yet you are not abiding by biblical instructions.Who asked you to pay tithes with money? who asked you to tithe monthly?

2 Likes

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Dyoungstar: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:

I've no further interest in explaining this to you, your statement has made it clear that you are not a Christian, so that means you can't understand things of the Spirit unless you get saved

Lol... where is your church so that I can come and pay tithe so I can be SAVED
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Joebie: 3:37am On Dec 16, 2017
How do you mean by true Christian?

lovingJehovah:
No true Christian tithes or supports it. That law of tithing is now a waste. Jesus took it away at his death on the stake.
Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by lovingJehovah: 6:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Joebie:
How do you mean by true Christian?
John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
Jesus said that his own sheep will listen to him. The Bible clearly states that the law of Moses is obsolete because Jesus took it away at the stake. Jesus vividly gave us a new commandment in John 13:34 but some acclaimed Christians are still stuck on the commandment given to Moses for the Jews. If you are still practicing the commandment of Moses and yet claim to be Christians, then falsehood is your identity.

1 Like

Re: These Bible Verses Supports Daddy Freeze On Tithing. by Joebie: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
My friend, a Christian is one who is like Christ literally and who has faith in him and his Father.
It calls for self-examination. We cannot make ourselves right with God by observance, and by whatever we believe.
If our beliefs does not TRULLY transform who we are, we are not believers. You don't become a true Christian by trying to prove that someone or set of people are not true Christians. That does not make you a true Christian automatically.

lovingJehovah:
John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
Jesus said that his own sheep will listen to him. The Bible clearly states that the law of Moses is obsolete because Jesus took it away at the stake. Jesus vividly gave us a new commandment in John 13:34 but some acclaimed Christians are still stuck on the commandment given to Moses for the Jews. If you are still practicing the commandment of Moses and yet claim to be Christians, then falsehood is your identity.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? / Assembling Together / PASTOR AJANAKU’S DEATH: 27 Ogboni Fraternity Members Storm Home; Perform Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.