Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

On Tithing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / On Tithing (456 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Ashimolowo On Tithing / This Thing Called Tithing / Epic Response To Daddy Freeze Interview On Tithing!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Tithing by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
There have been e-wars concerning tithing between daddyfreeze and pastors...whilst many have chosen to stand for pastors and others daddyfreeze there is one thing we should be aware
In things of the world people are entitled to their opinions but in spiritual things there is only one truth..There is no opinion or "my point of view" in things of God.
We are responsible for each other beliefs and faith ,thus we should careful that what we teach is truth, and not just opinions...let your neighbour not sin because he heeded to your preaching which was false opinion

Having said, here is what i have to say on tithing

1.Tithing is not a sin-
While there is no scriptural backing for tithes, those who chose to give a tenth of their income not because God commanded it but because of their personal conviction or decision have not sinned. God loves a cheerful giver.

2.Non-tithing is not a sin-
Many Clergy have tagged non-tithers as robbers of God , and have pronounced curses on them...This is a clear sign of sham! Any preacher that tells you for not paying your tithes you are this or that or you would be this or that should be avoided as hoax.

3.Tithing with the knowledge that your tithe is not serving its purpose is a sin
If you tithe knowing fully well that the tithe is not used genuinely for its purpose, then you are sinning.
I mean to say, if you tithe, and you are fully aware that your G.O doesnt use it for the needy, church welfare et al but squanders it wrongfully and you keep paying ,then you are sinning because you are giving him a chance to rob church.

4.if you pay your tithe and neglect your civil duties,you are sinning
An african man mentality is his downfall. It is common for us to fufil our religious duties wheras neglect our civil duty. We pay our tithes and skip our taxes. Have we forgotten that Jesus said give to caeser what belongs to caeser and to God what belongs to God. Also God wants us to summit to our leaders, earthly authorities he placed over us. If you dont pay your tax, yet you pay your tithes you have sinned. You dont owe the church only, you owe your nation.

5.if you dont judge Pastors but you judge your neighbours, you are sinning-
I have been following the e-war between daddyfreeze and pastors. To my dismay,many people accused daddyfreeze of judging pastors. Many people say "you are not to judge your pastors" and my response is, "but you can judge your neigbours right?"
Politicians, celebs and our day-to-day neighbours get criticised and we see it as normal. But when a clergy gets criticised, we cry foul, we chant "dont judge men of God"...so other people we judge are men of devil or what? It is not a sin to judge our fellow humans but it is a taboo to judge pastors? Because they are demi-gods? Because it is not the same God that created pastors that created others?
My point here is judging anyone whether a pastor or not is a sin...we cant judge others and not call it a sin but call judging pastors a sin.
6.Giving tithe and neglecting your neighbour is a sin
If you give your tithe and help your neighbour,fine. But if you give your tithe and neglect your neighbour,you are sinning. Ask many tithers why they tithe and who they tithe, they reply" i am giving to God when i tithe".
The question is, how can you give to God who you dont see but you cant give to the neighbour you see? Is it not absurd?

1 Like

Re: On Tithing by pressplay411(m): 12:45am On Dec 27, 2018
Michellekabod:
There have been e-wars concerning tithing between daddyfreeze and pastors...whilst many have chosen to stand for pastors and others daddyfreeze there is one thing we should be aware
In things of the world people are entitled to their opinions but in spiritual things there is only one truth..There is no opinion or "my point of view" in things of God.
We are responsible for each other beliefs and faith ,thus we should careful that what we teach is truth, and not just opinions...let your neighbour not sin because he heeded to your preaching which was false opinion

Well said.
I like the way you write.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Nigeria Pay Tax Refund / Ncc And Network Providers Sims Cards Registeration A Big Failure!!! / Bitcoin’s Price Crashes, Many Now Say The Cryptocurrency Has No Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.