Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both (457 Views)

Is Salvation A Scam? / Shaitan's Act, Made Salvation A Personal Race / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by Alexanderobi: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
pls i am often confused when the bible says salvation is a gift not of works lest any man should boast.
pls help cus i have seen people who say they are already saved despite their sinful wayr
Re: Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by petra1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
Na gift na. then you work it out ni.
Re: Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by greatnaija01: 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
ITS A GIFT...

lemme explain

BEING BORN INTO YOUR FAMILY... Did you work for it? NO... your parents did the work and you got BORN as a BABY but if you must grow you gotta WORK. If you choose to remain a baby forever then that is a deformity... and it can be taken care of.

IT IS CALLED BEING BORN AGAIN so what do u expect.... ITS THE SAME PROCESS AS THE PHYSICAL... you are a baby but as you grow you get responsible. chikena. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.

Alexanderobi:
pls i am often confused when the bible says salvation is a gift not of works lest any man should boast.
pls help cus i have seen people who say they are already saved despite their sinful wayr

1 Like

Re: Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by Alexanderobi: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
ok i got dat. dat means i have been born into God's kingdm. so no mata wat i do i cant b disqualified. am i correct sir
Re: Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by Alexanderobi: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
petra1:
Na gift na. then you work it out ni.

u jst called it a gift. dat means my works are nt needed
Re: Salvation: A Gift, By Works, Or Both by malvisguy212: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2017
Alexanderobi:
do you think that because you have work ,God own you something ? you deserve reward? you deserved wages for your work? the only wages you deserve is death.

In Romans 4:5 we have a description of the person who is justified freely by God’s grace: "But to him that worketh not , but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Notice that he is the person THAT DOES NOT WORK! He does not work at all! He is not trusting or counting on anything that he has done. He realizes that there is not one thing that he has ever done that could earn one drop of favor or approval or acceptance before a holy God! He does not work! What then does he do? He believes! He believes on the God who justifies freely by His grace! We must not miss the significance of Romans 4:5, "that worketh not, but believeth ." This tells us very clearly that faith is not a work. This person does not work but he believes. Faith is not a work. Rather, faith is resting upon the work of Another.

(1) (Reply)

Palestinian Christians Slam US Jerusalem Recognition / What Nigerian Christians Define As Tolerance / The Secret :the 10 Powerful Verses From Isaiah To Help You Fight Spirit Of Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.