Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) (33280 Views)

Wierd And Bizarre Cultures In Africa That Will Leave You Shocked / Our Tradition Is Not Totally Bad In Itself. It's Modernism That Is Misleading Us / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
phlame:

@OP U should say in "Nigeria" not "Africa"
Is having sex with relatives (incest), being disrespectful, pot breaking normal in other Africans countries? I don't think u comprehend the points written above... You can gladly re-read again...!
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by iliyande(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
joshrare:

Buhari nor follow

respect irrespective who the person be
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by phlame(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
Is having sex with relatives (incest), being disrespectful, pot breaking normal in other Africans countries? I don't think u comprehend the points written above... You can gladly re-read again...!

Still saying it "Nigeria" not "Africa"
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by Spaxon(f): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
tstx:
Not way i was expecting when i opened the thread,.... In a wah this post reminds me of the 10 Things Our Nigerian Parents Were Actually Right About
that link was helpful
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by sanpipita(m): 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Rebuke:
How will incest not be frown at? Even biblically itz vry wrong.

Imagine yhu sleeping wt yhur own relative. Vry unimaginable

No be same bible Abram married his cousin and lot daughters took their father to bed, only health implications make incest undesirable but people still practice it.
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by tstx(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
Spaxon:
that link was helpful
I'm glad you found it helpful. PS: Don't forget to subscribe.
Re: 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) by Spaxon(f): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
tstx:
I'm glad you found it helpful. PS: Don't forget to subscribe.

Yes sire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) / Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.