Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,313 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album (41922 Views)

Aka Congratulates Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination!!! / Wizkid And Simi Congratulate Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination / Yemi Alade Up For Grammy Award Consideration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Vacora(m): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2017
kay29000:

On the frontpage, the topic said "Nigerian based musician." Shade Adu wasn't even born in Nigeria.

Wrong again. Sade Adu was born in Ibadan before moving to the UK. She was the first Nigerian to win a Grammy - fact. Why don’t people do their research before posting crap?

https://www.sade.com/biography
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by kay29000(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2017
Vacora:

Wrong again. Sade Adu was born in Ibadan before moving to the UK. She was the first Nigerian to win a Grammy - fact. Why don’t people do their research before posting crap?

https://www.sade.com/biography

Which crap are you talking about? Sade's mother is British... After she separated with her Nigerian father, she moved back to UK with Sade... Sade was 4 at the time. Have you ever heard or seen her claiming to be a Nigerian? She lived all her adult life in UK. She only spent 4 years here... How can you call her a Nigerian musician. Let's stop claiming people who don't want any associations with Nigeria. Once again, the post on front page said.. "Nigerian based musician." Technically speaking, Sade is not a Nigerian based musician. #Fact
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by MRSHYCAT(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2017
edoman2016:
What does timaya sing to win Grammy award? You think the whites listen to his kpangolo music .

its obvious you've not left the shores of this country... Go to The Caribbeans you'll know that he doesn't even have fans in Nigeria.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by lexy2014: 9:30am On Dec 14, 2017
Realsman405:
King of afro-dancehall, Timaya, may become the first Nigerian-based act to win Grammy award, haven bagged a Grammy Nomination for featuring on Morgan Heritage’s album “Avrakedabra”.

The first Nigerian, though not based in Nigeria, who won an award at the Grammy was Cynthia Erivo, a singer and actress born in London to Nigerian immigrants.

Cynthia had won a Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album for the cast recording of the musical The Color Purple in 2016.

However, Timaya who featured alongside Ghanaian Afro-pop singer, Stonebwoy, Chubb Rock, Stylo G, Bunji Garlin, Dre Zion & Jaheil on Morgan Heritage’s “Avrekedabra” may become the first Nigerian-based act to win the award if the album wins the category at the 60thGrammy Awards which will air live from the Madison Square Gardens on January 28, 2018.

Morgan Heritage is a reggae band formed in 1994 by five children of reggae artiste, Denroy Morgan. The band comprises Peter “Peetah” Morgan, Una Morgan, Roy “Gramps” Morgan, Nakhamyah “Lukes” Morgan, and Memmalatel “Mr. Mojo” Morgan.

“Avrekedabra” was nominated for the Best Reggae Album award and will slug it out with “Chronology” by Chronixx, “Lost in Paradise” by Common Kings, “Wash House Ting” by J Boog and “Stony Hill” by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley.

Wizkid and Kah-Lo also got to the nomination in 2016 but failed to win any award.

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/timaya-may-become-first-nigerian-based-act-win-grammy-award-bags-nomination/

is timaya d first Nigerian 2b nominated 4a Grammy?
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by lexy2014: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2017
MRSHYCAT:

its obvious you've not left the shores of this country... Go to The Caribbeans you'll know that he doesn't even have fans in Nigeria.
how many people are in d carribeans that u are comparing them with Nigeria?d population of just one state in Nigeria is more than d whole Caribbeans
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Vacora(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2017
kay29000:

Which crap are you talking about? Sade's mother is British... After she separated with her Nigerian father, she moved back to UK with Sade... Sade was 4 at the time. Have you ever heard or seen her claiming to be a Nigerian? She lived all her adult life in UK. She only spent 4 years here... How can you call her a Nigerian musician. Let's stop claiming people who don't want any associations with Nigeria. Once again, the post on front page said.. "Nigerian based musician." Technically speaking, Sade is not a Nigerian based musician. #Fact

Obviously talking from an emotional standpoint? She was born in Nigeria and you cannot deny that fact nor does take away her accomplishments because she simply does not reside in Nigeria. Did she tell you she was not Nigerian?
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by cstr1000: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2017
If CARDI B can get Nominated by virtue of being an amerian, Timaya who is infinitely more talented is more than qualified .
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Blissbeatz(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2017
With dat im yeye song... Pangolo abi.. Hahaaaaa
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by kay29000(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2017
Vacora:

Obviously talking from an emotional standpoint? She was born in Nigeria and you cannot deny that fact nor does take away her accomplishments because she simply does not reside in Nigeria. Did she tell you she was not Nigerian?

You still don't get my point. The post says "NIGERIAN BASED MUSICIAN." do you know what that means? By the way, I am a Yoruba guy that lives in Ibadan.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by kay29000(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2017
Vacora:

You still don't get my point. The post says "NIGERIAN BASED MUSICIAN." do you know what that means? By the way, I am a Yoruba guy that lives in Ibadan.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by HeyCorleone(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2017
I don't see how this is news..

He got a feature on an album that is Grammy nominated. So? Why are people masturbating to that fact? Is he the only one or his he the first?

It's not like the project is even his.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:11am On Dec 14, 2017
KushyKush:
Lmao...Seriously I don't know why I am laughing. grin

Timaya bawo? Do you know how many A list artistes are under the same category? grin
yea... Just like wizkid snatched his award from the likes of jayz, Drake and others right?
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Tinabhee: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2017
The first Nigerian to win a grammy- Sade Adu, then Seal for Kiss from the rose.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2017
Realsman405:
King of afro-dancehall, Timaya, may become the first Nigerian-based act to win Grammy award, haven bagged a Grammy Nomination for featuring on Morgan Heritage’s album “Avrakedabra”.

The first Nigerian, though not based in Nigeria, who won an award at the Grammy was Cynthia Erivo, a singer and actress born in London to Nigerian immigrants.

Cynthia had won a Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album for the cast recording of the musical The Color Purple in 2016.

However, Timaya who featured alongside Ghanaian Afro-pop singer, Stonebwoy, Chubb Rock, Stylo G, Bunji Garlin, Dre Zion & Jaheil on Morgan Heritage’s “Avrekedabra” may become the first Nigerian-based act to win the award if the album wins the category at the 60thGrammy Awards which will air live from the Madison Square Gardens on January 28, 2018.

Morgan Heritage is a reggae band formed in 1994 by five children of reggae artiste, Denroy Morgan. The band comprises Peter “Peetah” Morgan, Una Morgan, Roy “Gramps” Morgan, Nakhamyah “Lukes” Morgan, and Memmalatel “Mr. Mojo” Morgan.

“Avrekedabra” was nominated for the Best Reggae Album award and will slug it out with “Chronology” by Chronixx, “Lost in Paradise” by Common Kings, “Wash House Ting” by J Boog and “Stony Hill” by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley.

Wizkid and Kah-Lo also got to the nomination in 2016 but failed to win any award.

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/timaya-may-become-first-nigerian-based-act-win-grammy-award-bags-nomination/

Seal already won 4 grammy Awards...He is a Nigerian and an afonja...
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by DJperdurabo: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2017
phlamesG:
Egberi papa 1 of bayelsa grin grin

But I don't see timaya or that Morgan whatever winning, because Damian Marley is in the same category.

Abi my pple Wetin ins think?

Seems you don't know much about reggae groups and/or musicians.

Morgan Heritage is a reggae supergroup. It won't be their first Grammy if they cop this one. IMO, their only contestant in that group is Damian and they just might trump him...just.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Vacora(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2017
kay29000:

You said Sade was not born in Nigeria and I pointed out your error.
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Superpower(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2017
jayAjoku:
didn't migos win Grammy? Didn't 2 chains win Grammy? What are they singing please. Make timaya win jare
migos and 2 chains have never won a grammy
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by naturefellow(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2017
phlamesG:

But I don't see timaya or that Morgan whatever winning, because Damian Marley is in the same category.

Abi my pple Wetin Una think?
Anything fit happen bro!
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Phoenixgreen(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=Realsman405 post=63266827]King of afro-dancehall, Timaya, may become the first Nigerian-based act to win Grammy award, haven bagged a Grammy Nomination for featuring on Morgan Heritage’s album “Avrakedabra”.

Cynthia had won a Grammy for Best i'm sure you never had of seal? You probably a drop of sperm then
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by 2shure: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2017
wizkid wit davido
go jump to dia death
eddris abdul karim
go jump inside lagoon

olamide go take chilled sniper

if e happen
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Onlyson96(m): 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
Johnnyoungster:
This buhari period just be wan kind
enemi of light
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by vicfash: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
cheesy oya na
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Ejomax77(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
thoollz:
See d picture una use represent timaya.

If he wins it, he wont b d only person, stonebwoy will also b d first Ghanaian based artiste to win it.

I don't consider it as winning d Grammy though, i think it's d privilege of featuring
Lol! @least he'll be the first nigerian based artiste to win it via "the privilege of featuring"
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
Op nah this Ogologomma picture of Timaya you wan take get the Grammy?

Op wetin we go come do Uncle Femi Kuti wen get two Grammy Nominations shocked sad angry but e no win?
femi got 4 Grammy nominations
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by BruncleZuma: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
femi got 4 Grammy nominations
I stand corrected...
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by cococandy(f): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2017
Grammy for that nonsense he sings?
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by marwanafrica: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
is high time for this timaya to even be nominated, the guy good,
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by palearab: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
I think we should stop hyping this Grammy awards because they don't give shit about our music and our people, Grammy awards is for them we also need to hype ours!!!!
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Drbarmes(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
phlamesG:

Abi my pple Wetin Una think?
naso wizkid win dem drake, migos, kendrick, dj khalid, jay z etc... don't be negative
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
If a Nigerian artiste wants to win a Grammy award s/he should work hard and produce good music,no disrespects but what davido,wizkid and the likes are doing is not Grammy worthy at all ,we have to try and improve the content of our music if not even in the next 20 yrs we would still be hoping to win a Grammy from nominations as a featured artiste in a reggae album
Re: Timaya Nominated For Grammy Awards For “Avrekedabra”, Morgan Heritage’s Album by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
he winning it by proxy na, why are nigerians hyping another mans work asdatof Timaya?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Mannion Gushes About Meeting Olamide (pics) / Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) At The Beach (Pictures) / Lady Golfer: I Introduced Tonto Dikeh To A Man Who Was Paying Her Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.