Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn (28540 Views)

About The High Rate Of Randy Men And Women Today / Between Clergyman Mike Bamiloye And A Facebook User Asking About Heaven / 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by omocalabar(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2017
facts ke? have u been there?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2017
Heaven does not exist undecided
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by kolawoleibukun: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2017
una don go there. you no go go there fist before you begin day lie for your father?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by hopyroll(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2017
I am still wondering if truly we will account for all our deeds on earth, what will be the population of heaven?
Because I am certain that 90% of the world will go to hell.

Chai
You people should change ooo
Because when Angel jubril call my monicker to enter heaven and I began dancing shoki, you people will now be shouting ojoro ojoro ojoro

I will throw you stone ni oooo

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by onyx1470(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2017
kontinu.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Harmored(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2017
Nice one jiggaz but about that number 7 the flesh will not be going to heaven only the soul, how do we identify a person by the soul, it's only the flesh we can use to identity people on earth and the flesh will get old, I'm just Curious in heaven will you there be old people? Or Young ones or even babies? Or it's just the soul and if it's just the soul how do you identify

3 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by datfreshdoc(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Op so u're staying in heaven Continue please.... All this rubbish u're writing i jux hope it won't affect ur thinking

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by illicit(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2017
Heaven o hell o, I dont want either.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by gnaxyt(m): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2017
bloody lier
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 31, 2017
Who comes up with 9 "FACTS about heaven" when the concept of an after-life is still up for debate? Let's live on Earth first,guys. I find this article particularly humorous on those grounds.

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2017
doctorkush:
like you don go come back...
I swear me sef I just weak grin
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2017
Hati13:
You tell as if you seen the otherside. No one knows for sure what will happen. There may be an afterlife with different situations or nothing at all (oblivion). If it's oblivion, then no problem. If there is an afterlife, then no problem (I've nothing to do about it).

I was about to say the same thing. Worried so much about heaven only because life in Nigeria is hell on earth. If Adeboye and Oyedepo truly believe in their heaven stories, why would amass private Jets, mansions and edifices all around the world. Why aren't they keen to go and see their Father who called them or isn't heaven supposed to be paved with gold.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by superemmy(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2017
All Doubters may Almighty God reveal himself through Jesus Christ to you and save your souls from eternal damnation.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 31, 2017
So op Will fvcking be allowed in heaven?
Just curious.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by kokomaster3d: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2017
OP Did you go to heaven?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Femistico(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2017
Op, Abeg shey we will still dey kpekus for heaven and if I see a very big yanshh and boobi, hope no sin if I glance at it.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by otabaotaba: 10:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Good inspiration
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Princefrankie1(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2017
angry sad lipsrsealed undecided

Why is there so much misconception about heaven and hell?

Why don't Christians read the Bible and understand that no human being here on earth is going to heaven to sing hymns and glorify the Lord till eternity. grin cheesy

I mean is that even reasonable

So if the righteous go to heaven and the wicked to hell who will now posses the earth?

What was God's purpose for the earth in the first place? An exhibition ground where humans are tested and later sent to hell to burn forever?

The Bible made it clear that the dead are in the grave. And nowhere else. No f**king trip to no heaven.

The same Bible also documented that the righteous shall inherit the earth and live forever in it. That is God's plan and purpose for the earth's creation.

So where is all this doctrines of people going to heaven coming from?

NB: Show me a scripture that entails that the dead go somewhere other than the grave, and I will show you so many that says otherwise.

Except maybe the Bible really is contradictory like they say.

PS, I am not even Churchy. I can't remember the last time I stepped into a church. And I don't intend to, because of such false doctrines.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ebig21(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2017
No one alive knows any fact about heaven, this is a fallacy of hasty generalization, heaven is facade used by the rich to deceive the poor into a better place after life in order to avoid revolution
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by WIXE(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2017
The bible already gave us an insight abt heaven,, the article was was inspired by the revelation of the scripture,, nd it is well said ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Richardabbey(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2017
No Hotel
No Bet9ja
No Olosho
No Nairaland
No Dstv To Watch Chelsea Match
Wtf angry I Would Rather Go To Hell

5 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by oglalasioux(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2017
Thieving politicians and religious leaders paid OP to post this trash. How else can we take our eyes off their luxurious lives.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by oreayo2011: 10:53am On Dec 31, 2017
be very careful when you make wishes because reality might be unbearable.
Richardabbey:
No Hotel

No Bet9ja

No Olosho

No Nairaland

No Dstv To Watch Chelsea Match

Wtf angry I Would Rather Go To Hell
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by fortune1968: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2017
This is no fact but hallucinations .
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by miketayo(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2017
Facts indeed
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2017
Spiritual opium. shocked

Longest daydreaming ever. cool

It baffles me when adults still play with toys.

Someone is able to bring out facts from fiction.... a believer indeed.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Xbee007(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2017
oreayo2011:
be very careful when you make wishes because reality might be unbearable.
What are you scared of? The OP just posted nonsense and paraded them as facts as if he has proof of heavens existence.
Make the best of your life on earth because heaven is just a façade. That there is proven fact!

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2017
kinda Opium for the poor. shocked

Longest daydreaming ever. cool

It baffles me when adults still play with toys.

Someone is able to bring out facts from fiction.... a believer indeed.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2017
Wrong, no one dies and go to heaven. Heaven is a real place and u will be there with your physical body

[quotqe author=jiggaz post=63284488]Will we miss things from earth? Will we become angels? Will we work? Author Randy Alcorn answers the questions we all have about heaven.

When I anticipate my first glimpse of heaven, I remember the first time I went snorkeling.
I saw countless fish of every shape, size and color. Just when I thought I'd seen the most beautiful fish, along came one even more striking. Etched in my memory is the sound of a gasp going through my snorkel as my eyes were opened to a breathtaking underwater world.

As believers, I imagine our first glimpse of heaven will cause us to gasp in a similar way—with amazement and delight. That first gasp will likely be followed by many more as we continually encounter new sights in that endlessly wonderful place.

Though most of us are in no hurry to get to our final destination, we all have questions about it. After in-depth study of the Scriptures, here are some of the most frequently asked questions.

1. We won't miss our old lives.

Have you ever bought an economy ticket for a flight, but because of overbooking, been upgraded to first class? Did you regret the upgrade? Did you spend your time wondering, What am I missing by not being in the back of the plane?

The upgrade from Earth to heaven will be vastly superior to that from economy to first class. If we would miss something from our old lives, it would be available to us in heaven. Why? Because we will experience all God intends for us. He fashions us to want precisely what He will give us so what He gives us will be exactly what we want.

2. We won't become angels.

I'm often asked if people, particularly children, become angels when they die.

The answer is no.

Death is a relocation of the same person from one place to another. The place changes, but the person remains the same. The same person who becomes absent from his or her body becomes present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:cool. We won't be angels but we'll be with them.

3. We won't be tempted.

Once I was asked if we will ever be tempted to turn our backs on Christ. The answer is no. What would tempt us? Innocence is the absence of something (sin), while righteousness is the presence of something (God's holiness). God will never withdraw His holiness from us; therefore, in heaven we cannot sin.

We'll never forget the ugliness of sin, however. Having known death and life, we who experience life will never want to go back to death. We'll never be deceived into thinking God is withholding something good from us or that sin is in our best interests.

We'll always know sin's costs. Every time we see the scarred hands of Jesus, we'll remember. We'll see sin as God does. It will be stripped of its illusions and will be utterly unappealing.

4. We will have work to do.

The idea of working in heaven is foreign to many people. Yet Scripture clearly teaches it. When God created Adam, he "took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it" (Genesis 2:15). Work was part of the original Eden. It was part of a perfect human life.

God Himself is a worker. He didn't create the world and then retire. Jesus said, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I, too, am working" (John 5:17). Jesus found great satisfaction in His work. "‘My food,' Jesus said, ‘is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work'" (John 4:34).

We'll also have work to do, satisfying and enriching work that we can't wait to get back to, work that'll never be drudgery. God is the primary worker, and as His image-bearers, we're made to work. We create, accomplish, set goals and fulfill them—to God's glory.

5. We will still experience emotions.

In Scripture, God is said to enjoy, love, laugh, take delight and rejoice, as well as be angry, happy, jealous and glad. To be like God means to have and express emotions. Hence, we should expect that in heaven emotions will exist for God's glory and our good.

We know that people in heaven have lots of feelings—all good ones. We're told of banquets, feasts and singing.
People will laugh there (Luke 6:21). Will we cry in heaven? The Bible says, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying or pain" (Revelation 21:4). These are the tears of suffering over sin and death, the tears of oppressed people, the cries of the poor, the widow, the orphaned, the unborn and the persecuted.
Such crying will be no more.

We might, though, shed tears of joy. Can you imagine joy flooding your eyes as you meet Christ, for example, and as you're reunited with loved ones? I can.

6. We still won't know everything.

God alone is omniscient. When we die, we'll see things far more clearly, and we'll know much more than we know now. But we'll never know everything.

In heaven we'll be flawless, but not knowing everything isn't a flaw. It's part of being finite. Righteous angels don't know everything, and they long to know more (1 Peter 1:12). They're flawless but finite. We should expect to long for greater knowledge, as angels do. And we'll spend eternity gaining the greater knowledge we'll seek.

7. We will recognize one another.

Scripture gives no indication of a memory wipe causing us not to recognize family and friends. Paul anticipated being with the Thessalonians in heaven, and it never occurred to him he wouldn't know them. In fact, if we wouldn't know our loved ones, the comfort of an afterlife reunion, taught in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18, would be no comfort at all. In heaven we probably won't fail to recognize an acquaintance in a crowd or forget people's names.

8. What will we do to avoid boredom?

People sometimes say, "I'd rather be having a good time in hell than be bored in heaven."
Note the assumption: sin is exciting and righteousness is boring.

Believing in this assumption means you've fallen for the devil's lie. In reality, sin robs us of fulfillment. Sin doesn't make life interesting; it makes life empty. When there's fulfillment, when there's beauty, when we see God as He truly is—an endless reservoir of fascination—boredom becomes impossible. In heaven we'll be filled—as Psalm 16:11 describes it—with joy and eternal pleasures.

9. If our loved ones are in hell, won't that spoil heaven?

In heaven we'll see clearly that God revealed Himself to each person and that He gave opportunity for each heart or conscience to seek and respond to Him (Romans 1:18-2:16). Everyone deserves hell; no one deserves heaven. Jesus went to the cross to offer salvation to all (1 John 2:2). God is absolutely sovereign and doesn't desire any to perish (1 Timothy 2:3-4; 2 Peter 3:9). Yet many will perish in their unbelief (Matthew 7:13).

In heaven, we'll embrace God's holiness and justice. God will be our source of joy. Hell's small and distant shadow will not interfere with God's greatness or our joy in Him. All of this should motivate us to share the gospel of Christ with family, friends, neighbors and the whole world.

http://m.lifeway.com/Article/pastor-Questioning-heaven
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by pointstores(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
Na who don't enter one before
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ModsWillKillNL: 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Unbelieving looonatics are already asking foolish questions.

It is well.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates Easter With Family Photo / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.