Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,181 members, 7,864,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:25 AM

Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! (1008 Views)

‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’ / Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / Don’t Let Me Die, Lady Bathed With Acid By Ex-lover Cries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! by balckgold(f): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2010
Dihydrogen monoxide: also called "hydroxyl acid",
The substance is the major component of acid rain.
Contributes to soil erosion
Contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
Its gaseous form may cause severe burns.
Inhalation, even in small quantities, may cause death.
Prolonged contact with results in severe tissue damage
Excessive ingestion may cause various unpleasant effects
Accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
May cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Withdrawal by those addicted to the substance causes certain death within 168 hours

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
As an industrial solvent and coolant.
In nuclear power plants.
In the production of Styrofoam.
As a fire retardant.
In many forms of cruel animal research.
In the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
As an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Nevertheless, governments and corporations continue using it widely, heedless of its grave dangers.
Re: Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! by candylips(m): 11:47am On Apr 01, 2010
ehn ,
Re: Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! by agathamari(f): 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
oh god not again
Re: Beware Deadly Hydroxyl Acid - You May Be Exposed! by dominique(f): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
:-x :-x :-x embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Bulk Sale Of Germicide And Disinfectants / Hello House Pls Kindly Advice Me By Helping Me On The Best Pill To Use To Cure P.e Am About To Loose / I Was Embarrased

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.