Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos (28195 Views)

Female Police Officer On Traffic Duty Left Bleeding After Assault By Soldier(pic / Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe / Pregnant Woman And Her Sister Gang Raped By Soldier At Mami Barracks. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by donqx: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2017
sad
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by kzubyar(m): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2017
Florblu:

You mean he was your NEIGHBOR?
yes tomorrow will be 7 days prayer
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nutase:
I dunno what to believe but the truth is that we are an indisciplined people and the new trend online is to claim bribe when our stupidity manifests into something tragic.

I witnessed one sometime back. soldiers tried stopping a truck driver and the guy refused. unknown to him there were 2 other military check points ahead whom they had informed about the guy. he dodged the 2nd one and the 3rd guy opened fire at him when he attempted the same thing leading to his death. This happened in Kogi state earlier this year.
Even, I don't know whether to believe your story or not. Was your vehicle following his vehicle because, you claimed that you witnessed it?
He was shot dead because, it is Nigerian. What happened to shooting his tires? Don't let us deceive ourselves, human lives are nothing in Nigeria. Simple.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by dieBYfire: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
nero2face:
Over 70% of Nigeria Army are primarily and secondary school leavers, (same Species with Buhari), having touts in military is it self a threat to the Nation, only in Nigeria will u see a Military man smoking Igbo openly with such (I don't care face), but let them see a civilian smoking cigarettes, they'll remember their army training skills... Zoo nation

So true. God bless u with more wisedom

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by BYSAlhadi(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
If you are looking for the most animalistic and alcoholic people, just look unto the Nigerian Army. They Don't value the life of their fellow human beings. And most of them have a criminal records. They were just imitating what their oga at the top is doing, who doesn't care whether you live or you die. The killer most be brought to justice. RIP
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian military officer, simply identified as Sunday, allegedly killed a man over N500 bribe at a military checkpoint in Edo state. According to Rariya news platform, the incident tragic occurred when late Shafi'u Garba, known as Ganda, was travelling in a car from Wudil, Kano State, to Edo State before meeting the said soldier at a military checkpoint between Auchi and Benin on Saturday, December 8, 2017.

A witness named Sani Abdullahi, who was in a car with the deceased, said the soldier shot at Garba, as he died several hours later.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/soldier-allegedly-kills-man-n500-military-checkpoint-edo-photos.html
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Hykis(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
so dis one just waste him life bcus of #500... he for no elp d soldier drag . ....just giv make d soldier dey go ...soldiers ar pple u cant be argueing wit, dem go just kill person throway for bush...if u say u won prove right for dis Nigeria u ar just proven to die...
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Florblu(f): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
muller101:
no it doesn't work that way.

Show me how it works
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by muller101(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
Florblu:

Show me how it works
his sins remain with him. He faces judgement alone.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by jacyhelen(f): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
When they say Nigeria is a zoo,Some people get angry!!!
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Reference(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
Said countless times that soldiers have no business whatsoever in the streets of Nigeria. I think it is time our Legislators enact the same laws operating in advanced democracies where uniform are forbidden on the streets.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by lucky2ky(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
useless and stupud untrained sars and army officers
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Reference(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nutase:
I dunno what to believe but the truth is that we are an indisciplined people and the new trend online is to claim bribe when our stupidity manifests into something tragic.

I witnessed one sometime back. soldiers tried stopping a truck driver and the guy refused. unknown to him there were 2 other military check points ahead whom they had informed about the guy. he dodged the 2nd one and the 3rd guy opened fire at him when he attempted the same thing leading to his death. This happened in Kogi state earlier this year.

This is absolute nonsense talk. No one has a right to kill another person except if faced with a direct threat to life. That is a universal rule of engagement. There is no law that says a citizen of this country can be gunned down for failing to stop at a check point. Not in Nigeria, not in any sane country and only in theatres of war can this be excused. The last time I checked, Kogi state is way off Borno or Adamawa. That incident ought to be investigated and the soldier charged.

Granted it is not common sense to disobey a man with a gun but this applies to all men with guns including bandits. However it does not make it lawful or excusable. The fact that we love violence, lynchings and wanton bloodletting in this country on the excuse of failed law enforcement and judicial institutions does not make them right, civil or desirable. We should wake up and speak out against wrong when it is wrong.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
I tot Nigerians prefer to pretend that only the police collect bribe on our roads.

I ve been saying for a very long time now that all the security agencies whose duty concern being on our roads all collect bribe.
from the police to road safety, from the military to custom. all of them collect bribe.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Reference:

This is absolute nonsense talk. No one has a right to kill another person except if faced with a direct threat to life. That is a universal rule of engagement. There is no law that says a citizen of this country can be gunned down for failing to stop at a check point. Not in Nigeria, not in any sane country and only in theatres of war can this be excused. The last time I checked, Kogi state is way off Borno or Adamawa. That incident ought to be investigated and the soldier charged.

Granted it is not common sense to disobey a man with a gun but this applies to all men with guns including bandits. However it does not make it lawful or excusable. The fact that we love violence, lynchings and wanton bloodletting in this country on the excuse of failed law enforcement and judicial institutions does not make them right, civil or desirable. We should wake up and speak out against wrong when it is wrong.
Stop this useless talk about 'universal rule'.

Are we more democratic than Americans?

If an American police tells you to raise up ur hands and go on ur knees, he will not warn you twice b4 he pulls the trigger.

It has happened a number of times and they were exonerated.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Reference(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Stop this useless talk about 'universal rule'.

Are we more democratic than Americans?

If an American police tells you to raise up ur hands and go on ur knees, he will not warn you twice b4 he pulls the trigger.

It has happened a number of times and they were exonerated.

Will you stop this nonsense. Where is it written it is right to shoot dead a person for not stopping at a checkpoint. If you don't get your country operating by rules you better remain in your house and never go out. We ae not a the mercy of individuals who twist privilege to suit their whims or else where does it stop. You confront a soldier he shoots you dead, you use a phone at the checkpoint he shoots you dead. You refuse to wind down your window, he shoots you dead. What is that nonsense. Are they not supposed to have rules and regulations on how to do their assignments or they just do whatever they wish because they wear uniforms and are armed. What kind of society is this.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Reference:

Will you stop this nonsense. Where is it written it is right to shoot dead a person for not stopping at a checkpoint. If you don't get your country operating by rules you better remain in your house and never go out. We ae not a the mercy of individuals who twist privilege to suit their whims or else where does it stop. You confront a soldier he shoots you dead, you use a phone at the checkpoint he shoots you dead. You refuse to wind down your window, he shoots you dead. What is that nonsense. Are they not supposed to have rules and regulations on how to do their assignments or they just do whatever they wish because they wear uniforms and are armed. What kind of society is this.
As much as I don't support indiscriminate shooting of people, you need to understand that Nigerians are different breed of humans who hate to obey laws.

common traffic lights that can save our lives we cannot obey.
we disrespect lawful institutions and security agents...

I watched as a Nigerian chased an armed policeman in warri....
our own too much....
if we try half of what we do in Nigeria in other countries, they will kill us like fowls...
in fact it's already happening in SA and even Libya....
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by Reference(m): 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
As much as I don't support indiscriminate shooting of people, you need to understand that Nigerians are different breed of humans who hate to obey laws.

common traffic lights that can save our lives we cannot obey.
we disrespect lawful institutions and security agents...

I watched as a Nigerian chased an armed policeman in warri....
our own too much....
if we try half of what we do in Nigeria in other countries, they will kill us like fowls...
in fact it's already happening in SA and even Libya....

Hope you watched Channels TV news this evening. The general court martial in Bornu (a war zone) where a soldier wss sentenced to death for 'wasting' five civilians and another getting life for man slaughter involving the death of a minor. If the military authorities were not concerned this could snowball into anarchy, they won't act. They are concerned so should you.
Re: Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos by udo53: 8:04am On Dec 16, 2017
WE ARE BACK WITH RELIABLE SOURCE..ARE YOU TIRED OF LOSING.HERE IS EASY,FAST..
WINNING IS GUARANTEED..ONLY IF YOU BELEVE.a100 PERCENT
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAYS GAME

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evans Onwuamadike Not Sentenced To Death By Court As Claimed / Kaduna: Alhaji Who Raised False Kidnap Alarm Leading To Lynching Of Man Arrested / 557 Youths Renounce Cultism In Rivers, Surrender Weapons, Charms To Police (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.