Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please (1514 Views)

Peter Obi Enjoying Massive Support From The Yorubas In Ogun State / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by Aniwhyte(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2017
Some one called me just now that he mistakenly sent an airtime to me, and pleaded i should send it back, so i did instantly, and he called me immediately and thanked me, he said he is going to call me back after sending this airtime to his brother. but the yoruba language i saw in the text got me worried, so i instantly used my Google translator to translate it but still do not fully understand what it really meant, am quite nervous, please the yorubas in the house kindly help me out please, am very worried, this is December and i don't wants to die now.

Here is what he sent, note i have changed the airtime numbers, so some guys here will not load it :

Fayemi baba mi ni ki e fi card yi wo motor wale odun ifa won lola to ri ewo lo ma pa eran senator lola (5967224676885468_ 8794870923955891)

Here is what my translator gave me :

Taye my father and he put this card motor loading overriding year were honored in whichever kill Senator Honored 
(5967224676885468_ 8794870923955891)

Another translator website gave me this text :

My father, do not let this card view a motorcycle only a year old to see how it kills the senator's
(5967224676885468_ 8794870923955891)

modified

To all those of you who labelled them scammers, you guys are definitely right, the same guy just called me now, like i mean now not up to 2 minutes ago, and he said the baba who owns the card wants to speak with me and thank me for the good I did, so i told him okay.

Nxt thing an old man was speaking to me and thanking me, and he kept on praying for me and i was answering amen, he then told me that i didn't knew who he is or who i helped yesterday, am a very lucky person. He told he that he is an herbalist man from Osun state.

His English has a very thick yoruba accent, so he started praying like : "my shun shey u wants to build a house before now and January ending this year"
"my shun shey u wants to own big big motors before now and January this year
"my shun this, and my shun thay"
The next thing he asked me is that which state am from i then lied that am from Enugu state, because from the replies i got from you guys yesterday i knew it was a scam already, but i wanted to see the end of their games before hanging up.
Then he asked which tripe i am, I lied again that am Igbo, he then asked me my name, i lied again that am Emeka, then he asked which kind of job i am doing, then i lied again than am doing business that i own a shop.

He then asked if i believe, i mean the good things he said about buying the houses and cars before now and January next year i said yes i do very well.

Then he said if i know salt, i said yes
He then asked me to go and buy salt, and call him back, "my shun shey you are going to buy the salt and call me back, i said yes, my shun shey you will call me back, i said yes again, then again he said my shun what time will you call me back i then answered that whenever i got the said, then next thing he said is my shun please don't forget ooo, to call me back when you got the salt, he then prayed for me again and hanged up.

Thank you Nairaland, i would have really and undoubtedly falled for this if not for the response i got from you guys yesterday, thank you very much i really do appreciate you guys, thank you.

Pierohandsome, aybabz101, Hawx, KENZINCO, BTT, Geosegun, RSVP, macof,

TOPIC MODIFIED

All thanks goes to you guys, i really do appreciate the response you guys gave me yesterday i would have fallen for this scam, thank you i really do appreciate, thanks.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by Pierohandsome: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2017
The ending part is not too clear but i guess it was a mistake.

What the message is that Fayemi, my father said u should use this card to pay ur tp Home for this xmas season because u will Kill senator's animal(goat,ram or cow) .

The msg is nothing diabolical.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by Aniwhyte(m): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2017
Pierohandsome:
The ending part is not too clear but i guess it was a mistake.

What the message is that Fayemi, my father said u should use this card to pay ur tp Home for this xmas season because u will Kill senator's animal(goat,ram or cow) .

The msg is nothing diabolical.

Thank you very much brother, God bless you.
I understands pretty clear now, perfect translation you gave here, thank you i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by aybabz101: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2017
guy they are all scammers ooooo.....dis is their latest technique. d next thing most of dem do is to tell u a certain problem or frustration in ones life. dat they can help u to solve it. an incident happened here in Ekiti, d guy was hiv+. he was dupped of over #4M.

jst be very careful. dey ar all scammers

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by Hawx(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2017
Lol! Don't worry about the translation. Next time, decline sending back any message deliberately sent to you for they are actually after your phone number.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by KENZINCO(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2017
It simply means
Fayemi(a name usually giving to people from the IFA worshiping family)
Fayemi, father said you should use the money gotten from the sale of this card to transport yourself home tomorrow for the IFA festival because you are going to be the one to kill or slaughter Senator's Ram/cow for the festival.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by BTT(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2017
don't be scared and please stop communicating with them.
They are scammers!
The lurring key here is 'Senator'. That should get your greed on.
After greed, they would set up fear. And then urgency. And then, you loss.
Please ignore them.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by geosegun(m): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2017
IFA in Yoruba means ORACLE in English-language. They are scammers.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by RSVP: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2017
The message is a trap to get ur attention.

They will later call u to appreciate and invite you to their shrine cuz they knew almost everyone got problems either medical/spiritual.

Nothing good would come out of it...

It's a scam!
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by macof(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
The translation from @kenzico is exact

grin grin grin but I would guess they are scammers
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by Aniwhyte(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
aybabz101:
guy they are all scammers ooooo.....dis is their latest technique. d next thing most of dem do is to tell u a certain problem or frustration in ones life. dat they can help u to solve it. an incident happened here in Ekiti, d guy was hiv+. he was dupped of over #4M.

jst be very careful. dey ar all scammers
Bros, u were definitely right.
They just called me now, not up to 3 minutes ago

Lol, u were right.
Re: Yorubas In The House Please Tell Me The Meaning Of This Please by shaneroberts26: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Secret Of Nigerians Why They Are The Happiest Man On Earth?: / Masquerade Buried Amidst Tears In Akwa Ibom State. / Evidence That The Igbos Are The Oldest Group In The South Lies Along The Coasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.