Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? (2266 Views)

700 People Die In Iran After Drinking Alcohol To Cure Coronavirus / Nairobi Governor Gives Out Alcohol To ‘kill’ Coronavirus / HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
I'm 18, and I've been suffering from This For As Long As I can remember, I've never really had the opportunity to interact with other people since I was Homeschooled and Attended A HomeChurch(dont ask) , basically my Life Circle Is my Family. But it's weird that I'm the only one in the family with this issue.
This is my 3rd Year in The University and This Disorder has Hindered Me From Living optimally. I can't Make 3 steps in a room where at least 2family members aren't present, without wetting myself like I was Bathed (a little exaggeration).
Some guys think I'm giving them a green light ,
when I smile anxiously undecided Even when I make deliveries.
I'm basically not Living Like A Normal Individual Should, I'm Done With being an Introvert.
If I take Chocolate Vodka Everyday In a Week, will that Harm me like Kidney and Addictions?
About 30ml of Vodka Everyday or 50ml Max!.
Or is there a specific Alcohol Type that can Aid With This cry...
I've Tried Everything else, writing A Journal, pin pointing Weak points and all that Google Stuff, Alcohol Is the only Option Left.
I Just Don't want to Be That Bitch ,That smiles at Everything...
So Hit me With Tips Please
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by NnamdiN: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Are you African This doesnt look like an african problem.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
NnamdiN:
Are you African This doesnt look like an african problem.

Yes oh I'm African -Nigerian
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
Are you a christian?
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
Are you a christian?

I wrote home church
Of course I'm a Christian
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

I wrote home church
Of course I'm a Christian
Ok.
Up your faith then. Also get to see a psychologist to evaluate your case and profer realistic remedies. Nairaland will only confuse and overwhelm you the more
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:

Ok.
Up your faith then. Also get to see a psychologist to evaluate your case and profer realistic remedies. Nairaland will only confuse and overwhelm you the more
I'm pretty spiritual, I'm even part of certain evangelism team, but anxiety doesn't kick in then,
A Psychologist and Therapist I've engaged myself with one before but wasn't a Physical Session, Online Web call, but that didn't help much
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Prinxxdave: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
Don't take Alcohol.

Do you have friends
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by LordLucifer: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:
I'm 18, and I've been suffering from This For As Long As I can remember, I've never really had the opportunity to interact with other people since I was Homeschooled and Attended A HomeChurch(dont ask) , basically my Life Circle Is my Family. But it's weird that I'm the only one in the family with this issue.
This is my 3rd Year in The University and This Disorder has Hindered Me From Living optimally. I can't Make 3 steps in a room where at least 2family members aren't present, without wetting myself like I was Bathed (a little exaggeration).
I'm basically not Living Like A Normal Individual Should, I'm Done With being an Introvert.
If I take Chocolate Vodka Everyday In a Week, will that Harm me like Kidney and Addictions?
I've Tried Everything else, writing A Journal, pin pointing Weak points and all that Google Stuff, Alcohol Is the only Option Left.

Alcohol won't make you bolder at this stage, only more vulnerable.

You are extremely shy. This has nothing to do with your upbringing.

I suggest you go out more at night.

Find coursemates who club. Go clubbing with them.

Why club?

Cuz that's the no. 1 place I know one is permitted to wild out without people paying attention. No fear of being rejected or feeling eyes on you.

You need to let out that b!tch in you first.

Gradually, you'll get used to being around people & apply it to daytime.
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Prinxxdave:
Don't take Alcohol.

Do you have friends

Yeah I do just one
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:
you are female, pls don't take alcohol, ur guys will not even like it.
Date a confident guy and learn his ways or look for a mentor that you like
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
LordLucifer:

Alcohol won't make you bolder at this stage, only more vulnerable.

You are extremely shy. This has nothing to do with your upbringing.

I suggest you go out more at night.

Find coursemates who club. Go clubbing with them.

Why club?

Cuz that's the no. 1 place I know one is permitted to wild out without people paying attention. No fear of being rejected or feeling eyes on you.

You need to let out that b!tch in you first.

Gradually, you'll get used to being around people & apply it to daytime.

Clubbing cool
I don't enjoy attention or immorality, I just want to be calm less sweaty and damn anxious and perturbed
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
Onijagidijagan:

you are female, pls don't take alcohol, ur guys will not even like it.
Date a confident guy and learn his ways or look for a mentor that you like

I have a boyfriend, but not in Nigeria at the moment
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by LordLucifer: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

Clubbing cool
I don't enjoy attention or immorality, I just want to be calm less sweaty and damn anxious and perturbed

Who'll give you "attention" in a club when you are with friends?

What "immoral" things happen in a club? People dance, drink & go home. What else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
LordLucifer:

Who'll give you "attention" in a club when you are with friends?

What "immoral" things happen in a club? People dance, drink & go home. What else?

So Hollywood Lies angry ,will give it a thought Thanks!
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

I have a boyfriend, but not in Nigeria at the moment
Doesn't matter but u people do have phone conversations, Skype e.t.c..just start mentoring him and try to do better than him (not only ur bf though)also read books widely and make use of what u've learnt for self development purposes.
all ur problem are coming frm ur minds, d treatment depends on what you feed ur minds too.

Alcohol will help a bit only if you have done your own share of development..but if u take alcohol with anxiety, it brings it out much worst. some alcohol even make someone more shy
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
Onijagidijagan:

Doesn't matter but u people do have phone conversations, Skype e.t.c..just start mentoring him and try to do better than him (not only ur bf though)also read books widely and make use of what u've learnt for self development purposes.
all ur problem are coming frm ur minds, d treatment depends on what you feed ur minds too.

Alcohol will help a bit only if you have done your own share of development..but if u take alcohol with anxiety, it brings it out much worst. some alcohol even make someone more shy

Tried all those mind workouts, didn't do so good in all social functions..
Thanks for your input, I'll try vodka tommorow and see how I fare

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by LordLucifer: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

So Hollywood Lies angry ,will give it a thought Thanks!

If you try nonsense in a club, bouncers will deal with you & kick you out.

Even in strip clubs where strippers walk around in gstrings, you cant try sh!t. I dont see what's scary in a club.

You stay in a coded, dark corner where you can see everything but no one can see you & you let your wild side out in privacy.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by LordLucifer: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Again, I want to warn you to refrain from alcohol at this stage. Maybe later, but not now.

You are obviously not ready 4 it.

You'll only end up doing fvcked up sh!t that you'll b regret the next morning which will only damage your nonexistent confidence.

Ignore this advise & learn d hard way.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by sisisioge: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
Alcohol will make it worst for its a 2 mins fame giver...the rest of the hours/days will be lived in regrets. Just give yourself time, one step at a time...you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Prinxxdave: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

Yeah I do just one
Your own z bigger than mine @ least mine z only shyness

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by collinometricx: 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Prinxxdave :
Your own z bigger than mine @ least mine z only shyness
Introvert
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by geneithpharm: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
BigSarah:

You should test your reaction to alcohol at home first, don't overdo it at the club and stay away from hard drinks if possible. In general it helps most people reduce their (social) anxiety, wich is the reason why enough anxiety sufferers have alcohol problems.
There's also a reason why alcohol is synonymous with social events. It makes people feel "loose".

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by joshboo(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Alcohol would only worsen your case, u cant b high tipsy&high all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
geneithpharm:

You should test your reaction to alcohol at home first, don't overdo it at the club and stay away from hard drinks if possible. In general it helps most people reduce their (social) anxiety, wich is the reason why enough anxiety sufferers have alcohol problems.
There's also a reason why alcohol is synonymous with social events. It makes people feel "loose".
Yeah, home test is vital
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
joshboo:
Alcohol would only worsen your case, u cant b high tipsy&high all the time.

Then what do I do I can't go to college and have no college friends embarassed
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
LordLucifer:
Again, I want to warn you to refrain from alcohol at this stage. Maybe later, but not now.

You are obviously not ready 4 it.

You'll only end up doing fvcked up sh!t that you'll b regret the next morning which will only damage your nonexistent confidence.

Ignore this advise & learn d hard way.

I don't stay in the school hostel, I've outside accommodation a self contain, to seclude me self from others(parents will).
I just need people my age, I do well with elderlys
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by LordLucifer: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2017
BigSarah:

I don't stay in the school hostel, I've outside accommodation a self contain, to seclude me self from others(parents will).
I just need people my age, I do well with elderlys

Even better cuz I despise clumsy peeps. You can join me when next im going clubbing.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by NnamdiN: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2017
BigSarah:

Yes oh I'm African -Nigerian
Alcohol wont help, change of environment might

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Sharonose: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2017
BigSarah:
u are still very young dear....I use 2 b like dis till I turned 25....
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Sharonose:
u are still very young dear....I use 2 b like dis till I turned 25....

That doesn't make me feel better at all so I've to be like this for 7 more years embarassed...
What did you do at 25/24 that changed you
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by RavenClaw: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
I also suffer from anxiety and nervousness. Especially around the opposite sex. I once smoked cigarette mixed with a little codeine. It seemed to help me. And when I smoked two sticks of cigarettes it also helped. I do drink a little at home once in a while.

And right now I am not addicted to codeine, cigarettes nor alcohol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Of Quantum Resonance Magnetic Analyzer In Nigeria 26,000 Naira / The Myth And Fact Of A Curved Penis / If Losing Breast Fat Fast Is Your Problem, Here Are 5 Simple Ways To Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.