Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Is The Difference Between "Notice To Quit " & "Quit Notice "? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Difference Between "Notice To Quit " & "Quit Notice "? (322 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Quit Notice To A Tenant / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between "Notice To Quit " & "Quit Notice "? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2017
MOST TENANTS FACE THIS ISSUE ON A DAILY BASIS AND IF ITS NOT NOTICE TO QUIT, THEN ITS QUIT NOTICE FROM THEIR LANDLORDS WHEN THEIR RELATIONSHIP GOES SOAR....SO AM ASKING,WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GIVEN A 'NOTICE TO QUIT' OR 'QUIT NOTICE' WHEN SERVE TO A TENANT BY HIS LANDLORD? PLEASE YOUR COMMENTS ARE NEEDED HERE ESPECIALLY OUR LANDLORDS AND LAWYERS.
THANKS
Re: What Is The Difference Between "Notice To Quit " & "Quit Notice "? by Bholutife18(f): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2017
I think it's all about english. Quit notice is wrong becaus a rule in English states that:

'genitive case should and only should be used for living organisms' e.g it is wrong to say 'the table's leg' instead, we say the leg of the table.

Same thing applies to your question. Quit is just a verb that lacks the ability of hosting a genitive case.

But who cares, every rules don't count in my country. Use whichever you like.

But lalasticlala, come and spread this for better answers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dry Land Available At Owode Apa / Land Banking / List Of Things To Know About Home Finance And Real Estate Investing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.