Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break (602 Views)

What Are You Giving Yourself This Christmas? / 10 Reasons Why Your Husband May Be Cheating On You / 10 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break by jaymejate: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2017
I just got back from my grandparent yesterday, and it was a great experience, I was welcomed even tho it has been a long time visited. During my stay with them, I realized it is good to visit them often.

1… They will tell you the history you don’t know about.

Those stories that your parent can never tell you or might not tell about themselves, your grandparents will tell you. I was told of some things I can never imagine that my mom has done and some things that opened my eyes, I was told.

2… You will make them remember their son or daughter, your own mom or dad, when he/she was still with them.

Anytime you visit them, the way you talk, behave will make them to remember when their child was also young. The things they have done, how they were corrected. You will make them remember everything and wish they could go back to that time.

3… You make them feel like a parent again.

What I meant by that is that they will feel the ability of parenting. Taking care of the children, they feel they can still parent effectively.

4… You will make them feel important and not feel rejected.

Some grandparents feel rejected because they have been neglected by their children and even their children's children. When you visit them, they will feel important.

5… You will give them pride

If you visit your grandparent regularly, you will realize that they will never stop introducing you to people around and they will take pride in you. People that stopped by to say Hi, they were just introducing me to them as if I am their boss. grin

6… You will be fed to the fullest.

Well, I’m not telling you to go there because of food but trust me you will be fed to the fullest. The only question you will keep hearing every hour is “have you eaten, are you hungry?” I was given Eba that looks like a mountain and they are still asking me if I am satisfied. just finish me with food undecided

7… You will meet with or be introduced to your extended family.

It’s a sure fact that you can never know all the members of your family. It is your grandparent that will introduce you to them or show you the pictures of them. I saw one boy, exactly my carbon copy, i was afraid. If someone told me that's my son, i won't be able to say No and defend it. He is my Mom's brother's daughter's son. How do you call that? grin

8… You will learn

This is mostly for the ladies. Instead of spending huge amount of money learning to local dishes, you will learn it there. Some other basic things you will learn from them.

9… You would be endowed with gifts.

This is actually my favorite part. Anytime you set out living, it doesn't matter how old you are, they surely have the gift that will befit you. Of course, you wouldn't want to reject it.

10… Visit them because they are your grand parent.

They raised your mom or dad, they are your Grandparent. I think that's also a good reason to visit them.

N:B Don't just visit on Christmas day alone or new but visit them often. Just go there and greet them.
If you are a parent, you should also take your children to visit their Grandparent.

Merry Christmas in advance
lalasticlala
RoyalRoy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break by DEXTROVERT: 11:48am On Dec 16, 2017
Hmmmm
But
There's
No
Fuel
And
$1b
For
Fighting
Boko..
I
Weep
How
Would
I
Explain
that
To
My
Grand parents
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break by Olalan(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2017
Cool,especially for those who visit their village its a get away from the fast paced city life.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break by Bholutife18(f): 11:52am On Dec 16, 2017
My grams can narrate one story to you 20 times in a day and she would have forgotten she had narrated it before. Just play along with nods and exclamatory remarks or else she would say it again. She's lovely tho

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Visit Your Grandparent During This Christmas Break by MsFaith: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
1 reason I can't visit my Grandparents this Christmas, they are all dead cry

(1) (Reply)

All Women Can Be A Mother But Not All Mothers Can Be A Mummy / Wedding Offers / Its Season Of Love, Get The Best Valentine Gift In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.