Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Have Nigerians Finally Given Up On Hip-hop - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Have Nigerians Finally Given Up On Hip-hop (377 Views)

Who Do You Think Deserve The Next Rated Award Even If Not Given. / Have You All Given Up On Your Music Career? / Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Nigerians Finally Given Up On Hip-hop by LIFEisSIMPLE: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Looking at the Full list of 20 Hottest Naija Tracks of 2017;

Davido- If
Small Doctor- Penalty
Runtown- Mad Over You.
Wande Coal & DJ Tunez- Iskaba
Ycee FT. Maleek Berry- Juice
Olamide- Wo
Wizkid FT. Drake – Come Closer
Mr Eazi- Leg Over
Davido – Fall
Kiss Daniel- Yeba
Tekno- Rara
Niniola- Maradona
Olamide- Pepper dem
Mayorkun- Mama
2baba- Gaaga Shuffle
Simi – Joromi
Tiwa Savage- All Over
9ice- Living Things
Skales FT. Burna Boy- Temper Rmx
Skuki- Pass the Agbara

Not even one hiphop song made the list and all this is happening in a moment when south african hiphop is on fire. Baddo and Phyno have diversified and can currently do the chorus in a song featuring wizkid and davido. Hence, I am left to wonder if

1. Nigerians have finally lost the appeal for rap
2. There is a current shortage of dope rappers spitting fire on the streets
3. There is a bias from mtv and our rap artists where given less credit than they deserve on the list

This is front page material and I humbly open this for debate. Every opinion is accepted
Re: Have Nigerians Finally Given Up On Hip-hop by chrisbaxtian(m): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Looking at the Full list of 20 Hottest Naija Tracks of 2017;

Davido- If
Small Doctor- Penalty
Runtown- Mad Over You.
Wande Coal & DJ Tunez- Iskaba
Ycee FT. Maleek Berry- Juice
Olamide- Wo
Wizkid FT. Drake – Come Closer
Mr Eazi- Leg Over
Davido – Fall
Kiss Daniel- Yeba
Tekno- Rara
Niniola- Maradona
Olamide- Pepper dem
Mayorkun- Mama
2baba- Gaaga Shuffle
Simi – Joromi
Tiwa Savage- All Over
9ice- Living Things
Skales FT. Burna Boy- Temper Rmx
Skuki- Pass the Agbara

Not even one hiphop song made the list and all this is happening in a moment when south african hiphop is on fire. Baddo and Phyno have diversified and can currently do the chorus in a song featuring wizkid and davido. Hence, I am left to wonder if

1. Nigerians have finally lost the appeal for rap
2. There is a current shortage of dope rappers spitting fire on the streets
3. There is a bias from mtv and our rap artists where given less credit than they deserve on the list

This is front page material and I humbly open this for debate. Every opinion is accepted

there's no bias from MTV jare! you guys like screaming marginalisation everytime. The point is that we don't just do rap here in Nigeria! rappers like phyno got the memo early and diversified, even vector dey sing now! bwhahahaha!!!!

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rapper, Mister Iphy Blaq Drops New Mixtape, ‘MIB’ / I Need Distributor For My Cd / Klever Jah Is Out With The Remix Of Kini Level Featuring Reminisce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.