Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question (2465 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by MuttleyLaff: 6:39am On Dec 20, 2017
petra1:
Beautiful. It is as simple as that. I asked them about incest.
They all agreed it is wrong to marry your siblings.
Cain married his sister
Revered Abraham married his sister

Like the other time I replied you,
the reason why incest got discontinued by God, is to guard against genetic disorders, as the DNA pool has begun to degenerate.

petra1:
But the New Testament never said anything about it
Hmm, smh, there is God ooo Petra1
Are you 110% sure the New Testament never said anything about incest?

petra1:
Should we practice incest because it was not a topic in the epistles.
Non of them were able to honestly answer
Hmm, smh again, there is God ooo again Petra1
Are you sure no one honestly and frankly answered?

Goshen360:
Why are you lying?
The thing tire me sef
I was shocked and surprised as much as you too

Goshen360:
Which new testament never said anything about incent..? What's wrong with you?
Don't you know incent is fornication and the bible people of those days understand such?
You are not to have sexual relations with your father's wife.
It's your own father's unclothedness.

- Leviticus 18:8

In short, it is reported that there is fornication among you;
fornication such as this which is not even named among the pagans:
As far as a son that would take his father's wife..

- 1 Corinthians 5:1

Maybe we should just let Petra1 be, so he can continue believing that Paul never in 1 Corinthians 5:1 talked about incest

petra1:
why all the unnecessary strong languge.
you get so carried away like a little child when you feel you have scored a point out of many misses.

the bible clearly distinguish fornication from incest
The man and step-mom collabo, in 1 Corinthians 5:1 above, is incest and fornication

petra1:
Every sincere person should know my point. Can a christian marry is sibling?
Give it a rest.
"Can a christian marry is sibling" is attacking a straw man

Goshen360:
You are not making ANY point.
I made a BOLD STATEMENT against your comments so pick up your concordance and study fornication.
You will know fornication is an INCLUSIVE word just like many words of the bible ARE INCLUSIVE WORDS.
Stop spreading lies because you want to defend tithe.
It's a wrong statement just like MANY OTHERS you've been saying that incent is not taught or mentioned in the new testament,
that's what I'm opposing that statement.
Dont mind Petra1 jaare
We see how Paul categorically, publicly and clearly, for all to see, gives a piece of his mind concerning what he thinks of incest as whether it is something for believers to practice or not
but nowhere, not even in an extremely small amount, does Paul categorically, publicly and clearly, for all to see, gives a piece of his mind
concerning what he thinks of tithe, as whether it is something for believers to practice or not

1 Like

Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by wirinet(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Cain married his sister

the reason why incest got discontinued by God, is to guard against genetic disorders, as the DNA pool has begun to degenerate.

The thing tire me sef

Maybe we should just let Petra1 be, so he can continue believing that Paul never in 1 Corinthians 5:1 talked about incest

The man and step-mom collabo, in 1 Corinthians 5:1 above, is incest and fornication

Give it a rest.

Dont mind Petra1 jaare
We see how Paul categorically, publicly and clearly, for all to see, gives a piece of his mind concerning what he thinks of incest as whether it is something for believers to practice or not
but nowhere, not even in an extremely small amount, does Paul categorically, publicly and clearly, for all to see, gives a piece of his mind
concerning what he thinks of tithe, as whether it is something for believers to practice or not

You people know how to twist a sentence to mean whatever you wish.

Sleeping with your father's wife ( steps mother) is not necessarily incest.

This is the definition of incest;

incest
sexual intercourse between closely related persons.

the crime of sexual intercourse, cohabitation, or marriage between persons within the degrees of consanguinity or affinity wherein marriage is legally forbidden.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/incest

Your step mom is not related to you by blood. Since Judaism did not forbid polygamy, it was not uncommon for one to have multiple step moms, some very young.
So Paul was not talking about incest in 1 Corinthians 5:1, if he wanted to talk about incest he would have mentioned sex between a son and a mother or between a father and a daughter.
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by petra1(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2017
wirinet:

You people know how to twist a sentence to mean whatever you wish.

Sleeping with your father's wife ( steps mother) is not necessarily incest.

This is the definition of incest;

Your step mom is not related to you by blood. Since Judaism did not forbid polygamy, it was not uncommon for one to have multiple step moms, some very young.
So Paul was not talking about incest in 1 Corinthians 5:1, if he wanted to talk about incest he would have mentioned sex between a son and a mother or between a father and a daughter.

If they have to re write the Bible they will . Just to rubbish . How far will Man Go?
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by petra1(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Goshen360:

You are not making ANY point. I made a BOLD STATEMENT against your comments so pick up your concordance and study fornication. You will know fornication is an INCLUSIVE word just like many words of the bible ARE INCLUSIVE WORDS. Stop spreading lies because you want to defend tithe. It's a wrong statement just like MANY OTHERS you've been saying that incent is not taught or mentioned in the new testament, that's what I'm opposing that statement.

Can a christian marry his siblings . Eg . A brother marries his younger sister . Or his single mother or father .
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by petra1(m): 8:22am On Dec 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Cain married his sister

The thing tire me sef

Give it a rest.

Dont mind Petra1 jaare

You’re generalizing now . But when it comes to tithe you want specific scripture.

But you know even if for any reason the case you mentioned in First Corinthians is adoptee as incest . On what ground will Paul be justified to condemn it .sjey We are not under the law ?
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by wirinet(m): 8:48am On Dec 20, 2017
petra1:

It's not every crop or animal that was accepted . Unclean plant ,perishable crops and unclean animals were not accepted as tithes and offering. How does a dog seller,horse seller ,give their tithes and offering . They pay for them with cash .

Leviticus 27:31
And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

Leviticus 27:27
27 If it be of an unclean animal, the owner may redeem it according to your valuation, and shall add a fifth to it; or if it is not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to your valuation.

Money was already introduced into the system

Under what conditions was money introduced into the system? The fact that you conceed that money was introduced into the system meant money was originally not part of the system, confirming that tithes was never money.

Now, are those conditions met today? Are you insinuating that all goods ( both agricultural and manufactured) good today are unclean and so qualified to be converted to cash to be given as tithes to pastors?

Luke 18:12 (TLB)
I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn.'

Luke 18:12 (AMP)
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

This is the height of dishonesty. Who was making the above statement? Was it an apostle, a disciple or a christian? No was a Pharisee. Christ was using the statement to admonish the holier than thou attitude of a Pharisee.
You guys are really modern day pharisee Jesus was always talking about.

That's a different one . There's a tithe to God , there was another 10% for the poor every 3 years and another 10% for feast . These are different from the 10% given to God for the workers of the house of God , the tithe for the fears cold be sold and the money used to buy food . That's like a love feast or campmeeting . It's not the one gyou gen to God

If you guys say there are three types of tithes, why are you guys only obsessed with the Levitical tithe? Why don't you guys also insist on the tithes to the poor and the feast tithe. Why not preach that the other tithes is as important as the pastors tithes and people will be cursed and hell bound if they fail to pay the other tithes also.

Was Melchizedek a Levites ? Tithe existed long before levitical order. The only qualiducation is because they were full time ministers .

Another bare faced lie. There is no evidence that tithes existed long before the Levitical order. The tithes that Abraham paid was war boots and not from his personal belongings.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

The Levites were a tribe of israel from the lineage of Aaron. They do not have land so they cannot farm, they do not work so cannot earn a living. Their only work is to serve ( both menial and priestly work) at the temple, so they feed from the tithes of the temple. The irony is that today there tribe of levi is no more. So there is no longer levitical priest collecting tithes in Israel.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

If people could give offering in cash , They could give tithes in cash as well

So how does the above verse command the paying of tithes?

The way some people use lies and conjectures to defend this tithe is alarming, it seems some peoples life must depend on tithe collection because some people seem ready commit suicide or murder to retain the tithe doctrine.
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by plainbibletruth: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2017
petra1:

You’re generalizing now . But when it comes to tithe you want specific scripture.
But you know even if for any reason the case you mentioned in First Corinthians is adoptee as incest . On what ground will Paul be justified to condemn it .sjey We are not under the law ?
Nobody is saying that the Law is not good. God gave the Law.

However, when God DECIDED to replace the shadow with the reality NO ONE has a reason to still insist on clinging to the shadow.

Jesus NEVER CONSIDERED TITHING
a 'weightier' matter of the Law. What should this tell you?

If you think incest was not highlighted in the NT does the same apply to GIVING?
Did the NT mention giving at different times, in different ways and in different places?

If in all these mentions NO TITHING was brought up what should that tell you?

The fact that there was NO SINGLE MENTION of tithes or tithing among believers in the New Testament shows that it is low in the totem pole as far as God's order for the Christian is concerned.

The physical RITUAL OF GIVING TITHE is nothing before God when the heart giving it is doing so out of a wrong motive. What did Paul say about giving all of one's possesion or one's body to be burnt without love?

Let's stress the more important things for the Christian. Tithing is not one of them.
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by Deprofessional(m): 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
smulti:
tithing is a scam...simple

designed to enrich pastorpreneur .
Re: So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question by Deprofessional(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
petra1:

If they have to re write the Bible they will . Just to rubbish . How far will Man Go?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-Destination: True Or False? / Dis Church Name Is Scary / Let's Mock The Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.