Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? (1124 Views)

I Have Repented Of My Sins, I Want To Be Born Again / TB Joshua: This Is My Father, G.K Balogun. I Was A Baby When He Died (Photos) / Is God Punishing Me In My Marriage For My Sins Against His Servant? (2) (3) (4)

How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
Okay recently I was made to understand that Jesus Christ whom we all claim to be a Messiah that supposedly died for our sins didn't even want to die........maybe the human in him sha.

He prayed to God to save him and in the long run while on the cross of calvary, he claimed his father, God, had forsaken him.

Can anybody explain to me how I'm suppose to believe he died for my sins when he didn't die willingly and even the God he came from forsook him..........If God cannot answer the prayer of a being like Jesus, how can I be convinced that he has been answering mine?

Just thinking.........
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairanigger:
Okay recently I was made to understand that Jesus Christ whom we all claim to be a Messiah that supposedly died for our sins didn't even want to die........maybe the human in him sha.

He prayed to God to save him and in the long run while on the cross of calvary, he claimed his father, God, had forsaken him.

Can anybody explain to me how I'm suppose to believe he died for my sins when he didn't die willingly and even the God he came from forsook him..........If God cannot answer the prayer of a being like Jesus, how can I be convinced that he has been answering mine?

Just thinking.........

Renew your thinking with something of good report. That is all i can say.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Renew your thinking with something of good report. That is all i can say.

Report like? I'm still yet to understand how he died for my sins so at least I'll know I'm giving my life to Christ for a reason.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by yanshDoctor: 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
hahaha. seun lalasticlala. this guy is a junky.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by comonwealth(m): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairanigger:

Just thinking.........
john 3:16 says for God so love the world (not Jesus loved the world) that he God send his only begotten son.so whosoever that believe in him(believe that God senth him)will not perish but have everlasting life. so my brother believe God sent him to die for all.believe he died so young so that you may live long or else....

Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ol boy believe me, the olodo did get himself killed for your sins.

Like a fool, he wants you to worship him for committing a 3-day suicide.

Choice is yours: give your life to a suicidal mumu or embrace Lord Satan.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by An2elect2(f): 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
Jesus died for sinners. He came for that one purpose. He knew it, He foretold it, He bragged about it. He wanted it. He was prepared for it. He didn't like the death and pains and disgrace but He loved the people He came to save. He wasn't praying to God to take the burden away, He wasn't complaining, He was showing the importance of God's word over man's emotions.

When God wants to grant man an insight to His Wisdom and power . He expresses Himself like man. Despite being Almighty, all knowing, all powerful Jesus had chosen to shield all that to express the seriousness of His dying on the cross. You know how serious it is when a curse is placed on anyone that preaches another gospel.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by yanshDoctor: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
did you know that john the baptist was also sent by God to die? though he was not the Messiah.

the trinity that Jesus was son of God or he was God is one area that causes confusionism in the Christian doctrine and why it was difficult for the jews to accept him and he was crucified.

although many Christians accepted Christianity and majority of them just accepted the trinity not because they are actually convinced that it was factual. if you argue with some of them with realistic point of views they will tell man can not understand the ways of God with you tiny brain and that you should leave it like that.

i believe Jesus was God because at the mansion of the name all knees but in heaven and earth including Allah bows. at the mansion of Allah nothing happens unlike Jesus. but my logic understanding of the trinity doesn't add up.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairanigger:

Report like? I'm still yet to understand how he died for my sins so at least I'll know I'm giving my life to Christ for a reason.

There is a Holy God who has all the power to kill and make alive. He hate sin in any of its form and displays His Holy wrath against it.

We all are guilty, deserving of His wrath but He choose to save us by taking our place in judgement, so that through Him we might escape His righteous wrath against unrighteousness .

Whosoever reject GOD'S offer of life must surely receive His wrath of death. GOD must get rid sin forever. Amen!

Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by DeSepiero(m): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
An2elect2:
Jesus died for sinners. He came for that one purpose. He knew it, He foretold it, He bragged about it. He wanted it. He was prepared for it. He didn't like the death and pains and disgrace but He loved the people He came to save. He wasn't praying to God to take the burden away, He wasn't complaining, He was showing the importance of God's word over man's emotions.

When God wants to grant man an insight to His Wisdom and power . He expresses Himself like man. Despite being Almighty, all knowing, all powerful Jesus had chosen to shield all that to express the seriousness of His dying on the cross. You know how serious it is when a curse is placed on anyone that preaches another gospel.

For better understanding, please could you provide Bible passage that states that Jesus died for sins?
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by orunto27: 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
Very true! He had no sin, yet He paid the Ultimate Price.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by malvisguy212: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairanigger:

Just thinking.........
"But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain " John 12:23-24

Jesus did not look forward to doing what was necessary. "Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour " (John 12:27 ). Notice that Jesus did not like what he had to face, but he willingly chose to do it because that was what as needed.
"As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. ... Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father " (John 10:15-17 -18).

Jesus was commanded by the Father to sacrifice himself in order to save mankind from their sins. No one forced Jesus to obey that command, including the Father.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by An2elect2(f): 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
DeSepiero:

For better understanding, please could you provide Bible passage that states that Jesus died for sins?
Okay.

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:10
who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:10
For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Romans 5:6
For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 10:15
even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

John 11:50
nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish."

John 18:14
Now Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it was expedient for one man to die on behalf of the people.

John 11:51
Now he did not say this on his own initiative, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation.

Romans 4:25
He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

Romans 6:10
For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
Hebrews 9:15
For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. Etc
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairanigger:

Just thinking.........
Jesus died to save anyone who believe in him from the coming wrath of God.
Every human is in trouble before God although they do not fully understand yet but some day before the throne of judgement they will understand it.
Op one day you will stand before the throne of the great and terrible God and there is nothing, I repeat nothing that would save you from condemnation. This is why Jesus died, he took up our judgement so that those who believe on him will be saved from that Judgement.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by cjfbn: 12:51am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

Just thinking.........
Jesus did not come to die for our sins. He came to show us the way back to the almighty through his message of love, but the Pharisees and saducces felt threatened and made false accusations against him and murdered him.
Remember his prayers on the cross,Father forgive them,for they know not what they do.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2017
cjfbn:

Jesus did not come to die for our sins. He came to show us the way back to the almighty through his message of love, but the Pharisees and saducces felt threatened and made false accusations against him and murdered him.
Remember his prayers on the cross,Father forgive them,for they know not what they do.

So the verses in the bible about him dying for our sins are fallacies?
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2017
solite3:
Jesus died to save anyone who believe in him from the coming wrath of God.
Every human is in trouble before God although they do not fully understand yet but some day before the throne of judgement they will understand it.
Op one day you will stand before the throne of the great and terrible God and there is nothing, I repeat nothing that would save you from condemnation. This is why Jesus died, he took up our judgement so that those who believe on him will be saved from that Judgement.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

My question was: did he willingly die to save anyone? Stop threatening me with condemnation from a 'terrible' God.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2017
malvisguy212:
"But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain " John 12:23-24

Jesus did not look forward to doing what was necessary. "Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour " (John 12:27 ). Notice that Jesus did not like what he had to face, but he willingly chose to do it because that was what as needed.
"As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. ... Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father " (John 10:15-17 -18).

Jesus was commanded by the Father to sacrifice himself in order to save mankind from their sins. No one forced Jesus to obey that command, including the Father.

Now john 12:27 has answered my question which brings about another question: didn't Jesus know about this 'purpose' before he prayed to God that let the cup pass over him? And what prompted him to say a loving God forsook him if he knows he's fulfilling a purpose?
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by McGg: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2017
@NAIRANIGER

you see the Christian god is the BIGGEST SCAM EVER.

HOW CAN he CLAIMED TO HAVE SACRIFICED HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN son AND STILL HAD HIM BACK?

gringringrin he ate his cake by himself and still had it back to himself
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2017
McGg:
@NAIRANIGER

you see the Christian god is the BIGGEST SCAM EVER.

HOW CAN he CLAIMED TO HAVE SACRIFICED HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN son AND STILL HAD HIM BACK?

gringringrin he ate his cake by himself and still had it back to himself

Logic doesn't exist in Christendom.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by smoy: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

Now john 12:27 has answered my question which brings about another question: didn't Jesus know about this 'purpose' before he prayed to God that let the cup pass over him? And what prompted him to say a loving God forsook him if he knows he's fulfilling a purpose?
bros you are now using your faculty of thinking that God gave all, Jesus never say he will die for anybody sin and God also never mention such. It was Paul the self apostle that stated this saga to join them when he could not beat them. Jesus was clear on salvation.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by Mekanus(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2017
Op don't take anything in the bible serious, they're fairy tales meant to impoverish the mind.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

My question was: did he willingly die to save anyone? Stop threatening me with condemnation from a 'terrible' God.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by smoy: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2017
solite3:

any body that decided to follow God with all the difficulty of such in this life has lay down his life. Jesus has never say he shall die for you.
when christian likes they quote bible and said is parables but if they likes they take direct translation, what a double mouthed.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by 0temSapien: 8:22am On Dec 17, 2017
comonwealth:
john 3:16 says for God so love the world (not Jesus loved the world) that he God send his only begotten son.so whosoever that believe in him(believe that God senth him)will not perish but have everlasting life. so my brother believe God sent him to die for all.believe he died so young so that you may live long or else....
John said this and you just gullibly accept it as the truth? Hmm, u have a longer way to go.
God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Atum, Moloch, Olorun etc did not send any child to the world to die for the world; what God Almighty did was to send his children such as Allah, Yahweh, Odin, Atum, Olorun, Eshu, Moloch etc into the universe to make findings so that their knowledge could increase, but some of them set up religion rather than making findings.
John is just one of those who were used by some gods to write lies which you believe in. Once again, God Almighty didn't send his children(Atum, Yahweh, Moloch, Allah, etc) into the earth to die, but he sent them into the universe to make findings, which some of them are still making till today.

Doctufos: Adpsiramen 1: 30-3

30. Instead of giving you vision to see afar, I would rather give you wings to fly around and explore all the great spheres yourself. Go and count them and bring me reports of what you see in them.

31. And so light feathers began to emerge out of the sides of my priests as I wished and they were all amazed.

32. The feathers fused together and became wings to their sides and so they flew, everyone of them to study the balls hanging everywhere in the universe.
Read also Eartum 3:28

Doctufos:
28. We gathered before this great Consciousness all the time until it said to us, go and explore the universe and make findings of all the things which I have made.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by Saverin: 8:31am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger

What happens to the 80% of the world population (5bn) that are not Christians?
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by McGg: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

Logic doesn't exist in Christendom.

my brother rational thinking is an abomination

Read the bible without logic they will say you read with the inspiration of the holy spirit

apply logical reasoning they will condemn you
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2017
Saverin:
nairanigger

What happens to the 80% of the world population (5bn) that are not Christians?

That's another thing to ponder on........will they be going to hell? won't hell be overpopulated? would a loving God be happy seeing his creations in hell? Something is seriously wrong with religion.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2017
0temSapien:
John said this and you just gullibly accept it as the truth? Hmm, u have a longer way to go.
God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Atum, Moloch, Olorun etc did not send any child to the world to die for the world; what God Almighty did was to send his children such as Allah, Yahweh, Odin, Atum, Olorun, Eshu, Moloch etc into the universe to make findings so that their knowledge could increase, but some of them set up religion rather than making findings.
John is just one of those who were used by some gods to write lies which you believe in. Once again, God Almighty didn't send his children(Atum, Yahweh, Moloch, Allah, etc) into the earth to die, but he sent them into the universe to make findings, which some of them are still making till today.

Read also Eartum 3:28

Pls where are you quoting from?
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by 0temSapien: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2017
nairanigger:

Pls where are you quoting from?
The DOCTUFOS of TRUTH of course.
Re: How True Is It That He Died For My Sins? by nairanigger(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2017
solite3:

10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

It seems the gospel of Matthew and that of John are not harmonised in this sense. Unlike John, Matthew didn't portray Jesus as someone who wants to die..........I don't know where the contradiction is coming from though.

Rccg Sunday School Manual For March 11, Lesson 28 : Topic -the Man And His Wife / Why Did God Create Mosquito? / I Want To Join Occult To Be Rich I Want To Join Occult To Make Money In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93