Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:50 PM

What Ground Do You Specifically Stand On As A [true/false] Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Ground Do You Specifically Stand On As A [true/false] Christian? (467 Views)

A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. / Fruits You Should Be Looking Out For In True & False Teachers/Prophets/Brethrens / On What Ground Do You Gather? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Ground Do You Specifically Stand On As A [true/false] Christian? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
When the Triune GOD enters into our human spirit and becomes our LiFE AND LIVING there is a sense of God within there is a sense of satisfaction within that the world cannot give..we are WHOLLY SATISFIED IN THE LORD...JESUS IS ENOUGH IN EVERYTHING BECAUSE JESUS IS OUR EVERYTHING.
HE IS OUR LIFE ( COL.3:4 ).

IF we are born again christians and we are not experiencing the satisfaction in CHRIST ALONE... it is because we are standing on the wrong ground - the ground of flesh. We should be on the ground of our spirit - where the HOLY SPIRIT dwells so that we can be one with the LORD, on this ground..we can only enjoy Christ as our satisfaction in all things..

Church News

After I was saved, as I was walking home, I prayed, "O Lord,
even if You were to give me the whole world and make me an emperor with great authority, I would not want it. I want only You.

" This is Christ, this is the Spirit, and this is also life entering into us as our everything. There are many among us who are very corrupt. However, when they believed in the Lord, prayed, and were saved, they immediately sensed
something within them that gave them an indescribable
feeling of joy, exaltation, and brightness. I myself have had
such an experience. (Witness Lee, Collected Works, 1984, Vol. 1, Living Stream Ministry, Anaheim, California, USA, 2016, p. 217) - via Joycelyn Han
#localchurch #churchlife

Source/credits: Facebook.com
Re: What Ground Do You Specifically Stand On As A [true/false] Christian? by malvisguy212: 1:32am On Dec 17, 2017
Some want to be counted in, but not to be counted on .who is a true Christian? according to dictionary definition of Christianity: a Christian is “a believer in Christianity; of, pertaining to, or professing belief in Christianity; relating to Christianity or its adherents.” If this definition alone were true, then Satan the devil is a Christian, because we read in James 2:19, “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” Does Satan the devil believe in Jesus Christ? Indeed he does, so much so that he trembles at the thought! But that does not make him a Christian. More than mere belief is required. Faith without works is dead, says the Lord’s brother James (James 2:17–19).

Sad to say, no one is a Christian just because he goes to church, any more than one is a mechanic just because he goes to a garage. Satan the devil is perfectly willing to have a person “confess” Christianity…as long as he does not practice it. Satan is never too busy to rock the cradle of a sleeping Christian. An idle Christian is the raw material of which back­sliders are made. In a very real sense, Christianity is a test of endurance. Christ said that he who endures to the end shall be saved (Matthew 24:13),

1 Like

Re: What Ground Do You Specifically Stand On As A [true/false] Christian? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
malvisguy212:
Some want to be counted in, but not to be counted on .who is a true Christian? according to dictionary definition of Christianity: a Christian is “a believer in Christianity; of, pertaining to, or professing belief in Christianity; relating to Christianity or its adherents.” If this definition alone were true, then Satan the devil is a Christian, because we read in James 2:19, “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” Does Satan the devil believe in Jesus Christ? Indeed he does, so much so that he trembles at the thought! But that does not make him a Christian. More than mere belief is required. Faith without works is dead, says the Lord’s brother James (James 2:17–19).

Sad to say, no one is a Christian just because he goes to church, any more than one is a mechanic just because he goes to a garage. Satan the devil is perfectly willing to have a person “confess” Christianity…as long as he does not practice it. Satan is never too busy to rock the cradle of a sleeping Christian. An idle Christian is the raw material of which back­sliders are made. In a very real sense, Christianity is a test of endurance. Christ said that he who endures to the end shall be saved (Matthew 24:13),

Very true, brother.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze For Blasting His Dad / Daddy Freeze Condemns Majek Fashek Performance At COZA Church Christmas Concert / The Story Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.