Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" (5415 Views)

New Auto Sections Rules: Matters Arising. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 12:48am On Apr 02, 2010
Anyone in here knows if those brand new Toyota Corollas sold at Lanre Shittu Motors are South Africa built just like Elezade, or elsewhere on the planet? Need quick responce as i have to make a speedy decision about purchase.

Anyone who knows about Lanre Shittu Motors.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by inspiredm(m): 12:52am On Apr 02, 2010
beecrofty:

Anyone in here knows if those brand new Toyota Corollas sold at Lanre Shittu Motors are South Africa built just like Elezade, or elsewhere on the planet? Need quick responce as i have to make a speedy decision about purchase.

My First Customer in 2008, Long time.

Lanre Shittu Motors are authorized dealers for Toyota Nigeria Limited

Their Cars are from South Africa and Dubai just like Elizade Toyota Nigeria

Just few Private Dealerships in Nigeria sells Brand New North American Specs, VERY FEW.

Most buyers don't know theres a huge difference between the Stripped down Junks being sold as brand new and the North American Specs.

What car are you sourcing for ?
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by sultaan(m): 12:54am On Apr 02, 2010
If you open the doors, there is a white sticker that tells you when and where it was built.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2010
beecrofty:

Dont know too much about the dealership in question, however, most dealer in Nigeria that are licensed by the manufacturers are and will always sell the junks on wheels.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by chelseabmw(m): 1:15am On Apr 02, 2010
just passing
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 4:54am On Apr 02, 2010
inspired_m:

My First Customer in 2008, Long time.
Ye, first customer in 08, lol  and 08 was a great sales year for you i bet, 

inspired_m:

Lanre Shittu Motors are authorized dealers for Toyota Nigeria Limited

Their Cars are from South Africa and Dubai just like Elizade Toyota Nigeria

Just few Private Dealerships in Nigeria sells Brand New North American Specs, VERY FEW.

Most buyers don't know theres a huge difference between the Stripped down Junks being sold as brand new and the North American Specs.

What car are you sourcing for ?

the 09 Toyota Corolla, i wanted to know if they also get theirs from S.A. like elizade.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by inspiredm(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
beecrofty:

the 09 Toyota Corolla, i wanted to know if they also get theirs from S.A. like elizade.

2008 Was Splendid, We Inspired Lots of Our Highly Esteemed Customers Kick-started By You, God Bless You.

Yes They are from South Africa. Land Cruiser Prado From Dubai.

Their 2009 Corollas has Only 2 Airbags, Driver and Passenger Side, All Safety Options Were Excluded, its so Sad How Gullible my People Would fall for any piece of junk Wrapped in Cellophane papers, all in the name of brand New
  cool cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by eros(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hmmm!!!! shocked shocked Lanre Shittu Motors, he's made his millions though.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
eros:

Hmmm!!!! shocked shocked Lanre Shittu Motors, he's made his millions though.

He has made his millions, however, he shd be happy that he is in a nation like Nigeria where the govt dont give a damn about the people.
How could a nation allowed sub standard ride with so much compromise when it comes to safety to be sold.

The dealerships in Nigeria has made so much money at the expense of buyers that dont know better nor have a choice, and we will give them choices to buy wise. . . . . . wink
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by hbrednic: 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[b]He has made his millions, however, he shd be happy that he is in a nation like Nigeria where the govt dont give a damn about the people.
How could a nation allowed sub standard ride with so much compromise when it comes to safety to be sold.

The dealerships in Nigeria has made so much money at the expense of buyers that dont know better nor have a choice, and we will give them choices to buy wise. . . . . . wink[/b]
shittu didnt make his money from offering sub-standard cars cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2010
hbrednic:

shittu didnt make his money from offering sub-standard cars cool

Ummmmmm . . . . .Seems like there is something you know that we dont know. . . .Lol
I am talking of the money he made from selling rides
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by hbrednic: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Ummmmmm . . . . .Seems like there is something you know that we dont know. . . .Lol

you will not lead me into temptation cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
hbrednic:

you will not lead me into temptation cool

It could be a good things, as long as at the end of the day, some learns, and some are delivered . . . . grin
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 2:23am On Apr 03, 2010
chelseabmw:

just passing

u don pass?
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 2:27am On Apr 03, 2010
inspired_m:

2008 Was Splendid, We Inspired Lots of Our Highly Esteemed Customers Kick-started By You, God Bless You.

Yes They are from South Africa. Land Cruiser Prado From Dubai.

Their 2009 Corollas has Only 2 Airbags, Driver and Passenger Side, All Safety Options Were Excluded, its so Sad How Gullible my People Would fall for any piece of junk Wrapped in Cellophane papers, all in the name of brand New
cool cool

Inspired, how much can you get a brand new 2008 or 2009 Corolla for me North American or Dubai.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 2:38am On Apr 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Dont know too much about the dealership in question, however, most dealer in Nigeria that are licensed by the manufacturers are and will always sell the junks on wheels.

Are those cars not manufactured by Toyota, why are they classified as junks?

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by paulmamud(m): 10:33am On Apr 03, 2010
Its not just Toyota. Try buying brand a new Honda from the Honda place. Just like Inspired said,they are stripped down,low cost junks that wouldn't make the cut in Yankee. Take the civic 08 for instance,the Honda place version has 2 airbags for driver and front passenger while the American spec has a minimum of 8 airbags. 4 curtain airbags,2 front and 2 side airbags. The American Spec comes with satellite radio with mp3 and wma while Honda place version gives you a combination of cassette deck and some funny cd player. sometimes it make a lot more sense to buy from Yankee or at least Yankee spec. Dont you wonder why American Spec 08-09 Accord don't come with the 2.0 liter engine? As far as i know 2.4 liter is the start off point for the American Accords.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by CHANCEMAN: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
Nija is classified as alow income country if they offered cars with all those specs how many people in Nigeria go fit afford to buy the cars,their goal is to sell cars in volumes so they tend to offload basic models with little effizy in countries like nija.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by sultaan(m): 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2010
CHANCEMAN:

Nija is classified as alow income country if they offered cars with all those specs how many people in Nigeria go fit afford to buy the cars,their goal is to sell cars in volumes so they tend to offload basic models with little effizy in countries like nija.
Not when those same Hondas cost more than the ones shipped to the US from Japan.not sure if all US specs are made in US.

Look for price of new Accord on ebay and compare to Naija price
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by inspiredm(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2010
beecrofty:

Inspired, how much can you get a brand new 2008 or 2009 Corolla for me North American or Dubai.

I would be able to get you a 2009 Toyota Corolla

It would be very hard to get the 2008 Model as Brand new More-so its the Older shape, You don't need it.

For a Brand New 2009 Toyota Corolla LE I would Ship it in for 3 Million Naira

A fellow Nairalander by the name Ahohonai's 2009 Toyota Corolla LE is at Baltimore Ports waiting to be loaded as i type this, You need to be Inspired again. wink
cool cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2010
beecrofty:

Are those cars not manufactured by Toyota, why are they classified as junks?

They are manufactured by Toyota for different class and group of people . . . . . . .
Target market determines the qualities of a product
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Onwan: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Poster
What you will buy from Elizade is the same as what you will get from Lanre Shittu. As far as the dealership is concerned (which is what I believe this forum and thread is about) its a standard Toyota dealership with West African Market tailored vehicles.

Its a dealership you get the standard warranties and terms like any other official toyota dealerships. And please note that he runs an actual dealership with Toyota AND NOT someone who by chance gets "brand" "new" Toyota vehicles for sale.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by BizBooks(m): 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2010
To be allowed to sell cars in the US, a car manufacturer must agree to a set of requirements laid down by the US government. The state of California even took it a step further. Their requirements are stricter than those of the US government. With 25 million people, they have enough bargaining power to set their own standards.

I doubt if the Nigerian government set any standards for car manufacturers.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by beecrofty(m): 1:17am On Apr 04, 2010
hmmm tanx all. Inspired, i think i'm ready to be inspired again. will contact you soon enough!!!
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by sultaan(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
Onwan:

@Poster
What you will buy from Elizade is the same as what you will get from Lanre Shittu. As far as the dealership is concerned (which is what I believe this forum and thread is about) its a standard Toyota dealership with West African Market tailored vehicles.

Its a dealership you get the standard warranties and terms like any other official toyota dealerships. And please note that he runs an actual dealership with Toyota AND NOT someone who by chance gets "brand" "new" Toyota vehicles for sale.

Are you sure about that?
http://www.toyotanigeria.com/abujalocation.aspx
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by inspiredm(m): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2010
beecrofty:

hmmm tanx all. Inspired, i think i'm ready to be inspired again. will contact you soon enough!!!

You've made the Best Choice,

Looking forward to your Business. cool cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by bluechild: 11:24am On Apr 05, 2010
I understand the points of Inspired et all.

But i beg to differ. i bought a 2009 corolla from Elizade in 2009 august and i have not been dissapointed.

Its the full option , thumbstart, leather trim and all the effizzies. Compared to the North american spec that i also have, i dont think there is any difference, apart from the price.

Elizade is more expensive coz of the Naija factor and the warranties and all that.

Besides, i think they are mandated to deal from SA by Toyota Japan according to the regional dealership (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Inspired, i'm sure you cannot get a dealership directly from Toyota motors corporation to sell North american spec in NIgeria. Instead, you will be directed to SA for your stock.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by ToToChoper: 11:53am On Apr 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Abi na 2day news say d guy be drug baron
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by inspiredm(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
bluechild:

I understand the points of Inspired et all.

But i beg to differ. i bought a 2009 corolla from Elizade in 2009 august and i have not been dissapointed.

Its the full option , thumbstart, leather trim and all the effizzies. Compared to the North american spec that i also have, i dont think there is any difference, apart from the price.

Elizade is more expensive coz of the Naija factor and the warranties and all that.

Besides, i think they are mandated to deal  from SA by Toyota Japan according to the regional dealership (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Inspired, i'm sure you cannot get a dealership directly from Toyota motors corporation to sell North american spec  in NIgeria. Instead, you will be directed to SA for your stock.
[b]
Thanks for the input, you see like every Business venture is out to make Profit, theres a thin line between Profit Making and Implicit Extortion.

There is No excuse for Elizade Toyota Nigeria to sell those cars at ridiculously prohibitive prices. Warranty/Nigerian factors are not plausible excuses, These cars are brand new and were not Manufactured here, They are Wholesalers on the Chain hence the cost of Warranty is not borne by them but the Manufacturers.

It may also interest you to know that These Toyota Nigeria Cars are Custom Cleared at Discounted Prices.

The Excuse Toyota Nigeria through Elizade has given to the teaming, unsuspecting Ignorant buyers is that their cars are ''tropicalised'' for the West African Climate, forgetting that North America has 2 Extreme Weathers where some parts are even Hotter than Chad sometimes of the Year and the Specs are made to Survive both Weathers.

Around November 2008, I offered Toyota Nigeria s' Fullest Option for 2009 Toyota Corolla, Thumb Start, Leather as a Promotional Offer to Nairalanders, you can check this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199637.0.html

As at today That car is Sold for 4 Million Naira, Now There are different trims offered to Nigerians, the GLi, XLi and some other funny name, Theres a trim sold for as low as 2.6 million Naira.

Whenever Toyota Nigeria sells any spec that is at par with the North American specs The price tag is always Astronomically Absurd.

The 2009 Toyota Camry vvt-i which rates at par with the Camry XLE is sold for 9 Million Naira

The 2009 Toyota Corolla Leather Thumb Start which equates to the 2009 Corolla XLE north American Specs is sold for 4 million naira,

If that is not Implied Extortion, I don't know what it is.

You see the Problem Is We Nigerians, Toyota Japan manufacturing cannot mandate Nigeria  to buy Scrap from Toyota South Africa, Even the UAE / Middle East Specs are Lot Better. My understanding is that Elizade Toyota Nigeria being aware of the gullibility of Nigerians to buy anything brand new actually mandated Toyota South Africa Manufacturing Coy to strip down basic safety options for The Nigerian Market to lower cost of Production In order to Maximize Profit.[/b]
 cool cool
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
inspired_m:

[b]
Thanks for the input, you see like every Business venture is out to make Profit, theres a thin line between Profit Making and Implicit Extortion.

There is No excuse for Elizade Toyota Nigeria to sell those cars at ridiculously prohibitive prices. Warranty/Nigerian factors are not plausible excuses, These cars are brand new and were not Manufactured here, They are Wholesalers on the Chain hence the cost of Warranty is not borne by them but the Manufacturers.

It may also interest you to know that These Toyota Nigeria Cars are Custom Cleared at Discounted Prices.

The Excuse Toyota Nigeria through Elizade has given to the teaming, unsuspecting Ignorant buyers is that their cars are ''tropicalised'' for the West African Climate, forgetting that North America has 2 Extreme Weathers where some parts are even Hotter than Chad sometimes of the Year and the Specs are made to Survive both Weathers.

Around November 2008, I offered Toyota Nigeria s' Fullest Option for 2009 Toyota Corolla, Thumb Start, Leather as a Promotional Offer to Nairalanders, you can check this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199637.0.html

As at today That car is Sold for 4 Million Naira, Now There are different trims offered to Nigerians, the GLi, XLi and some other funny name, Theres a trim sold for as low as 2.6 million Naira.

Whenever Toyota Nigeria sells any spec that is at par with the North American specs The price tag is always Astronomically Absurd.

The 2009 Toyota Camry vvt-i which rates at par with the Camry XLE is sold for 9 Million Naira

The 2009 Toyota Corolla Leather Thumb Start which equates to the 2009 Corolla XLE north American Specs is sold for 4 million naira,

If that is not Implied Extortion, I don't know what it is.

You see the Problem Is We Nigerians, Toyota Japan manufacturing cannot mandate Nigeria  to buy Scrap from Toyota South Africa, Even the UAE / Middle East Specs are Lot Better. My understanding is that Elizade Toyota Nigeria being aware of the gullibility of Nigerians to buy anything brand new actually mandated Toyota South Africa Manufacturing Coy to strip down basic safety options for The Nigerian Market to lower cost of Production In order to Maximize Profit.[/b]
 cool cool

Beautifully said.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by CHANCEMAN: 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
That is not unique to Toyota dealers alone some years back before WESTAR ASSOCIATES was formed to coordinate Mercedes-benz sales in Nigeria,some recognized dealers were selling brand new cars without some accesories and parts whereas in Geremany and the U.S these accesories and parts were being offered as standard and that is how they get them from the manufacturer as a package only to sell them sepeartely in Nigeria.
Re: Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
CHANCEMAN:

That is not unique to Toyota dealers alone some years back before WESTAR ASSOCIATES was formed to coordinate Mercedes-benz sales in Nigeria,some recognized dealers were selling brand new cars without some accesories and parts whereas in Geremany and the U.S these accesories and parts were being offered as standard and that is how they get them from the manufacturer as a package only to sell them sepeartely in Nigeria.

True that . . . . I think it is mostly African market, less safety and luxury for more profit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customize your ride,Vertical doors / Toyota Corolla 2000 Model (registered) / Nigerian Used Pickup Nissan Pathfinder.650k 08169446319

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.