Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Hijab And Wig - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hijab And Wig (383 Views)

Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos / Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? / Re-Hijab And Muslim Female Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab And Wig by haywhybamz(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
HIJAB AND WIG
I feel when we want to take sides on this issue, everyone arguing for or against should try as much as possible to be in TABULA-RASA.
I remember when drama ensued at Baptist high school in Iwo osun state over religious sentiment and reports made available on various media platforms reports that children went to school in different attires according to their religion, in as much as this might be a school setting, we all should relate it to the courtroom. Permit me to use some words i have coined for the purpose of this write up. We have 'RELIGIOUSLISE' everything we do in the country and we should not try to bring our religious sentiments or religious 'FANTISM' into law. How does it feel or how will it look like when the judge appears with a lemon vest with the same of a certain church inscribed on it over his attire, while the defendant also appears with a lemon vest with the inscription as that of the judge inscribed on it, and the lawyer for the plaintiff appears with an hijab on her head? Surely there won't be any sort of understanding between the two.
Nigerians are the most difficult individuals to deal with in the world, everyone tries to support his or her beliefs with claims that are sometimes baseless and outrageous. In as much as the the constitution provides for right to freedom of religion, something's are just logical and does not need us arguing or debating about. I have seen people talk about the united states allowing ladies of a certain religion to be called to bar with hijab but we all should remember that a country like Nigeria where we have had series of religious wars and clashes, trying to change a norm because of a religious would only cause more damage. The bodies of both religion are silent on the issue currently but expect an uproar when the verdict on this issue goes against either of the religious bodies.
The truth is we won't get any where if we continue to argue. We should let the sleeping dog lie.
OKERINDE AYOBAMI
Re: Hijab And Wig by anibirelawal(m): 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
I cant fathom your point sir.
Re: Hijab And Wig by haywhybamz(m): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
anibirelawal:
I cant fathom your point sir.

apologies sir, the point remains she was wrong not to take off the hijab
Re: Hijab And Wig by anibirelawal(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
haywhybamz:

apologies sir, the point remains she was wrong not to take off the hijab

So why beating against the bush in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Why Waste Your Weekends Sleeping When You Can Get Skills To Survive With It / 11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.