Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers (1941 Views)

Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate / 2019 Best 50 Polytechnic In Nigeria / Moment Students Realized That Their Teacher Was Watching Them Cheat On A Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers by Eraddray(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2017
MR AYODELE ODEOGBOLA, a member of our great Union - Academic Staff Union of Secondary Schools (ASUSS) who teaches at Abeokuta Grammar School, Idi Aba, Abeokuta was selected among the BEST 50 WORLD TOP TEACHERS BY VARKEY FOUNDATION, UK - a Foundation noted for celebrating exceptional teachers who have made an outstanding contributions to the profession all over the world. Another Secondary School teacher from Benue State - MR ANTHONY ITODO was also shortlisted.
This notable Foundation sponsored the award with a monetary reward of one million dollar equivalent to #360,000,000. The best out of ten, when pruned down from 50 will go home with the cash reward. According to the Foundation publication, all the 50 finalists will attend the event in Dubai on March 18, 2018.
I am happy because Ayodele Odeogbola, a strong member of our noble Union (ASUSS) in Ogun State was selected out of 33,000 teachers that applied to this Foundation from 173 countries around the globe. As a top finalist, a teacher becomes a part of the prestigious Varkey Teacher Ambassardors programme. This is the first time in four years that Nigerian teachers would be shortlisted for the Global Teachers prize popularly referred to as NOBEL PRIZE FOR TEACHING.
Odeogbola and Itodo need to be celebrated by Colleagues, Parents, Individuals, Corporate Organisations, Governments and all Lovers of our noble profession for being shortlisted among the top 50 finalist across the world.
Odeogbola in particular, together with his team, used his initiative to develop a professional development scheme to train thousands of teachers across the State with the support of United State Mission in Nigeria, Microsoft Nigeria and the Ogun State Government. In August this year at Ogun State ASUSS Secretariat in Abeokuta, his team also trained teachers on how to use computer to teach our students through the use of Skype in which I was a participant.
Odeogbola, you made us proud as teachers in the State, you are a pride to Ogun State Government. You have given teachers in the State and by extension all over the Federation a place of pride on the global educational scheme. Your enthusiasm is great, your passion for our profession is wonderful.
Colleagues, there is still one more hurdle to be crossed for Ayodele to have a full benefit of this Foundation which is to be among the TOP TEN all over the world and thereafter to be chosen as the best by God's Grace. We identify with this GENIUS as a Union and we pray that God will crown his efforts with great results.
To all my Colleagues in the State and by extension all over the Federation, the achievement of Messrs Ayodele Odeogbola and Anthony Itodo should be celebrated. Teaching is the MOTHER of all professions. We call on the Federal Government of Nigeria to include teachers among the beneficiciaries of NATIONAL HONOUR. If those we taught like Lawyers, Medical Doctors, Engineers etc should be given the honour, teachers who moulded them should not be an exception. ODEOGBOLA and ITODO deserve NATIONAL HONOURS.
Once again, on behalf of all teachers in the state, I congratulate MESSRS AYODELE ODEOGBOLA and ANTHONY ITODO on this success and I pray that God will grant you favour to be selected as the best. Indeed you are a pride and source of encouragement to teachers in the country. Please don't rest on your oars, remember that the reward for hard work is more work. Continue to be a pride to us, you are still going far. Please keep your head low and continue to be a blessing to humanity.
Congratulations.
Forward Ever!
Backward Never!!
Comrade Akeem Lasisi.
Ogun State Chairman Academic Staff Union of Secondary Schools (ASUSS).
16th Dec. 2018.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers by Evablizin(f): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2017
cheesy

WOW.

Re: Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers by dramaxonenet(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2018
<a href="https://Dramazone.net/" > DramaZone.Net </a>
Re: Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers by Karla74: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
Nigeria teachers have much knowledge to do so and I have been learning from [url=australianwritings.com.au/essay-writing-help/]australianwritings.com.au/essay-writing-help/[/url] for the same and home schooling which is so helpful doing the same things in short time
Re: Nigerian Teacher Was Nominated Among The Best 50 World Top Teachers by Kevinton: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is a great news for the people of Nigeria especially Teachers group of Nigeria. I hope they will keep their good and hard working for the future development. I like the Incest Sex Games to play at a affordable cost.Thanks for sharing this threat with us.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking ! ASUU Currently In Talks With FG (friday) / Which Is Better? Nti Pgde Or Lasu Pgde Full-time / What Can I Do With This Course After School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.