Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev (1263 Views)

You Are A Dev ? You Need Some Money ? Check In (New SURVEY ) / Ok, I Have Mastered Crud In Php What Next ? / Benefits Of Php Programming And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by shams040(m): 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
I will like to know if someone who have mastered the basics of php and can apply it be called a web developer?

Can he take a web developers job?
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
shams040:
I will like to know if someone who have mastered the basics of php and can apply it be called a web developer?

confidence and a good portfolio matters...so yes i think he can
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
shams040:

Define basics
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by shams040(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2017
pcguru1:

Define basics

Knowing how to work wit database using php and mysql whc include create, edit, quarry, post comment for public view, add likes etc
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2017
shams040:

Knowing how to work wit database using php and mysql whc include create, edit, quarry, post comment for public view, add likes etc

Hmmm i will be honest it is not enough but it's a start, but if you show passion and eager to learn more yeah, PHP has moved beyond that, you need to know some basic about Frameworks, PHP 5/7 Features, a bit of server configurations and all, however it depends on the company, some companies want devs already familiar with modern PHP, but if it's them WordPress and old frameworks like CodeIgniter then it's enough. use this site learn PHP the right way. However if it is internship position then sure thing.

Just being honest
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by shams040(m): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2017
pcguru1:

Hmmm i will be honest it is not enough but it's a start, but if you show passion and eager to learn more yeah, PHP has moved beyond that, you need to know some basic about Frameworks, PHP 5/7 Features, a bit of server configurations and all, however it depends on the company, some companies want devs already familiar with modern PHP, but if it's them WordPress and old frameworks like CodeIgniter then it's enough. use this site learn PHP the right way. However if it is internship position then sure thing.

Just being honest

Ok tnks whc site?
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: Can Someone Who Have Mastered The Basics Of Php And Can Apply It Be Called A Dev by romme2u: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
you should be truthful enough to tell people you are a beginner.

you can apply for internship positions where available so that in a year or two you will be qualified for junior developer position

(1) (Reply)

I Need New App For Sub9ja / Java Spring Framework Developers Need Urgently / Sr. Programmers For US Based Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.