Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Religion Or Radicalism - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion Or Radicalism (1231 Views)

Kaduna Massacre: It Has Nothing To Do With Tribe, Religion, Or Ethnicity- CODS.. / Religion / Technology And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Or Radicalism by olajide8(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
At this juncture- my intent is not to fuel religious attacks but to state my personal opinion and point of view.

There is a thin line between, radicalism/extremism and religion, the point where people start to challenge the status quo because of their personal beliefs is the point at which things start to go wrong- when boko haram started, it started with strong points of belief like this, not minding the fact that, this particular belief would later become a monster- it started from nysc where the standard dress code was bent to suit the few radicals, it has spread to other areas of the society, and it is them against the world "other belief systems.

Are we Arabs? Or Africans? This same belief system is what is fueling the shiite movement in nigeria - this same belief system is what makes a person work out of a busy office at the height of business- leaving other people stranded to wait for him to come back from his personal communion, with his/her God, this same belief system is what fueled jihadism in schools in mid and late 90's

For the best definition, I put it like this- *its either you take to my faith, or I would disturb you until you take to my faith*

Finally I beg to say a nation without rules and regulations is simply another animal kingdom- and if there are rules and regulations and you can't follow them - leave the profession or our country for us, or go and read a course that would give you the freedom to wear whatever- at least islamic studies is there.

http://punchng.com/controversy-over-law-graduates-insistence-on-hijab-for-bar-ceremony/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Boy Sleeping Inside Gutter In Calabar / Help A Brother / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.