Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively (25792 Views)

Woman Cries As Soldier Ants Invade Her House / Sudan War: Video Of Soldier Testing African Bullet Proof / 'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by bobbyANSELEM: 1:37am On Dec 20, 2017
Soldier ants can be dangerous and disastrous especially when it enters your home, its another name is "Army ant" this ants are very aggressive and has a predatory acts and the always work in groups.

I have seen cases where by this particular ants raid homes and sometimes destroy some valuables.

Today I'm going to tutor you simply on how to get rid of this ants when ever they attack your home.

Here we Go:

Salt and water
Simply mix enough salt with water and sprinkle it on the insects trust me this kills them like hell.

Cornmeal
Sprinkle cornmeal in your doorways and around anthills. Army ants love cornmeal, yet they cannot digest it properly. They will eat it, swell up and die.

Apple cider vinegar

Simply mix cider vinegar with water and sprinkle it on the ant or you can use the Apple cider vinegar directly on the ants.

Lemon
This kills them like hell, in fact lemon is an enemy to ants, simple mix lemon juice in water and spray it on the ants, trust me they I'll be dead in 2 minutes.

Salt and pepper

Salt is one of the fastest and cheapest remedy to eliminate soldier ants just add enough salt and powdered or grinded pepper in water, mix them together, spray or sprinkle this water on the ants I'm sure you know what happens next.

Soapy water
Soap contains substances which dosnt go well with ants, simply make a foamy water using a soap (any soap) then sprinkle it on the ants.

Detergents
Woah!!! This kill them rapidly, just mix some quantity of detergent with water then sprinkle it on the ants, they will be dead in 1-2minutes.

Prevention
• Always keep your house clean
• Always clean your floor with bleach and salt as ants dislikes bleach and salt.
• Don't keep sugary foods or substances around, as this wilk attract ants.
• Don't keep oils around such as vegetables cooking oil as ants loves oils and it attracts them.

Always keep all this substances that attracts ant away from where it will be reachable to them.

Source:

https://zigihow.com.ng/2017/12/how-to-get-rid-of-soldier-ants-effectively.html

For more visit www.zigihow.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by debssycharles(f): 1:40am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by havilahconsults: 1:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for the eye opening thread bro. The salt mixed with water works like magic. I just tried it on soldier ants that invaded my kitchen early this morning. Though, I burnt clothes to eliminate them and they were controlled but later resurfaced this afternoon and I had to Google the way to get rid of them.
And I applied the water mixed with salt and it worked.

This deserves front page.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by bobbyANSELEM: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bobbyjay001:
Thanks for the eye opening thread bro. The salt mixed with water works like magic. I just tried it on soldier ants that invaded my kitchen early this morning. Though, I burnt clothes to eliminate them and they were controlled but later resurfaced this afternoon and I had to Google the way to get rid of them.

smiley
Re: How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Bobbyjay001:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

s / 5 Nobel Laureates From Africa (pictures) / Postal Or Zip Codes Of States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.