Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God (1052 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 4:02am On Dec 20, 2017
God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But he is the Creator of all life. (Revelation 4:11) Therefore, the first human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus is also called a “Son of God.”—John 1:49.

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” (Colossians 1:15) Jesus’ life began long before he was born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” (Micah 5:2) As God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down from heaven.”—John 6:38; 8:23.

JW. Org
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
MightySparrow:
God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But he is the Creator of all life. (Revelation 4:11) Therefore, the first human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus is also called a “Son of God.”—John 1:49.

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” (Colossians 1:15) Jesus’ life began long before he was born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” (Micah 5:2) As God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down from heaven.”—John 6:38; 8:23.

JW. Org

okay, Jesus was called Son of God because he was created right ?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

No, because he was not.
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

No, because He was not.
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
MightySparrow:

No, because He was not.
Okay, answer these .
Why is the title "Son of God " never addressed to Yahweh .
why is Jesus called Son of God , a title held by every created beings ?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

Okay, answer these .

Why is the title "Son of God " never addressed to Yahweh .

why is Jesus called Son of God , a title held by every created beings ?

It is so simply answered in my first post. if John 1:1 is not a mistake, what I s the mystery of Christ in Col, 4:3?. Also, it is written,: Thou art my Son, this day Ihave I begotten thee, which day?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
MightySparrow:

It is so simply answered in my first post. if John 1:1 is not a mistake, what I s the mystery of Christ in Col, 4:3?. Also, it is written,: Thou art my Son, this day Ihave I begotten thee, which day?

Man and angels are all called " Son of God " by virtue of their been created by God .

exactly, what am asking : Why is he called " Son " if he isn't created ?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Peacefullove:

Man and angels are all called " Son of God " by virtue of their been created by God .

I answered in the original post.
Read well. That is why I asked the question, which day ESS he begotten. Unlike angels, it ESS written about zJesus ,' This day have I begotten' not created.

So any difference between begotten and created? If any why begotten? Why would John 1:1 contradict Isaiah 43:10?.
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 11:55am On Dec 27, 2017
MightySparrow:

I answered in the original post.
Read well. That is why I asked the question, which day ESS he begotten. Unlike angels, it ESS written about zJesus ,' This day have I begotten' not created.

So any difference between begotten and created? If any why begotten? Why would John 1:1 contradict Isaiah 43:10?.

Don't confuse yourself, even your Bible said Isaac is Abraham's begotten son, which means Isaac was produced by Abraham

How was Jesus Begotten ... By Creation or sexual inter course ?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

Don't confuse yourself, even your Bible said Isaac is Abraham's begotten son, which means Isaac was produced by Abraham

That is the mystery.
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

That is the mystery.

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that[b] I came out from God[/b]. 28 [b]I came forth from the Father, [/b]and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
John 16: 27 - 28
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

That is the mystery

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by akeensbussy(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
John 4:24
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
MightySparrow:

That is the mystery

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

say you don't know or you don't believe your Bible. cheesy

nothing like Mystery here , How could it be mystery if he himself has already said he is the beginning of creation ?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

say you don't know or you don't believe your Bible. cheesy

nothing like Mystery here , How could it be mystery if he himself has already said he is the beginning of creation ?

Who is talking in John 16 : 27 - 28?
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by MightySparrow: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What is the meaning of only in this passage? Were angels also begotten? What does it mean to beget? Explain John 16: 27 - 28.
Note the words, 'came out', came forth', 'plainly'
Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 7:04am On Jan 11, 2018
MightySparrow:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What is the meaning of only in this passage? Were angels also begotten? What does it mean to beget? Explain John 16: 27 - 28.

Mighty sparrow, Am suprised you are still trying to twist and turn.

Was it only Jesus that was called ' only begotten '. ?

Please answer this, Was Isaac not also called Abraham's only begotten son ? Does the expression ' only begotten ' Exclude Isaac from the fact that he was PRODUCED by Abraham ?

Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 7:06am On Jan 11, 2018
MightySparrow:

Mighty sparrow, Am suprised you are still trying to twist and turn.

Was it only Jesus that was called ' only begotten '. ?

Please answer this, Was Isaac not also called Abraham's only begotten son ? Does the expression ' only begotten ' Exclude Isaac from the fact that he was PRODUCED by Abraham ? what does it mean that Isaac is the only begotten son of Abraham ?

Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by johnydon22(m): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2018
MightySparrow:

Please stop. Stop using the word begotten like it means something else. You got nothing here

Re: Why Jesus is Called The Son Of God by Peacefullove: 6:41pm On May 10, 2018
johnydon22:

Please stop. Stop using the word begotten like it means something else. You got nothing here

On point.

(1) (Reply)

Is Prophet Noah Truly Our Ancestor? / Why God Seldom Use Women / Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.