Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

My Opinion On The Lady That Was Denied To Be Called To Bar, Amasa Fridaus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Opinion On The Lady That Was Denied To Be Called To Bar, Amasa Fridaus (388 Views)

Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy / Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On The Lady That Was Denied To Be Called To Bar, Amasa Fridaus by Laysmt001(m): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Are today's generation coddled, oversensitive and ill prepared to face the real world? Are they blindfolded by constipated ideas? Are they brainstormed by hotchpotch of advice? Are they indoctrinated by their religion leaders to their abysmal belief? I think the simple answer to all the questions is YES. The generation that has been failed by a distraught. The generation that put themselves in Earthly convections and restrictions. The generation that engage their selves in religion dogma. What else are you expecting?
In sobering temperament, I respect Amasa Fridaus for her decision not to take off her Hijab. But should I blame the NBA officials for not allowing her in? NO. Because in interview with her, she said " she knew all these happening now would happen". She knew about the consequence, yet, she continues claiming she wanted to drive off the agenda and did everything possible to sabotage the movement of the vicious law and ethics. Even though she didn't fulfilled the needful as stated by Prophet Muhammad (PBOH) by covering her bossom, but she compromised by tucking the Hijab into her collarette. That's even over-compromised.
Without any fanaticism, secular thinking or abysmal dogmatism, I'll let my fellow Muslim brothers understand this. Law is a proffesion which go against the practice of our religion. Let's take these for instance;
(1) Bowing before the judge: Bowing the head before someone out of respect, without bending the back, is forbidden. Anas narrated that a man said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): "O, Prophet of Allah! One of us encounters his brother or friend, does he bow for him? He said: ‘No’. The man said: ‘Does he honor him by kissing him?’ The Prophet said: ‘No’ Then the man said, ‘So, does he take his hand and shake hands with him?’ The Prophet said: ‘Yes’. [Al Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ahmad]". In Islam bowing before anyone is forbidden.
(2) Deception as grandstanding: It's obvious lawyers always comes out with their sugar coated mouth just to vindicate their client. “O you who believe! If an evil-doer comes to you with a report, look carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done.” (Surah al-Hujurāt 49:6). Inspite of their client being guilty, they will still explore out some deception to leave the judge bewildered.
(3) My Lord appellation to Judge: The english word lord has the same foundation as the english word god and that is paganism. The word lord corresponds with pagan dieties such as baal, adonay, kurious, to name a few. I understand that translators of the quran into english have used this word as an equal to the arabic word Rabb, which it is not the equivalant. Islamically implied the word Rabb means the giver sustainer the judge of all things known and unknown. To make it simple it is sustainer. People have been using the title lord for centuries. Is it wrong for some to call someone lord? No for lord as defined by the language.
Sequel to this point, I think the proffesion is not encouraged by Islam. But we are compromising to fit into social environment we found ourselves in. Let's look into this; Islam commands us to lower our gaze and forbids looking at non-mahram women. This is in order to purify people’s souls and protect their honour. There are, however, certain exceptions in which it is permissible to look at a non-mahram woman for reasons of necessity, one of which is in the case of proposing marriage, because it is the basis on which a very important decision affecting a person’s life will be taken.
But As a general principle, male patients must seek out male doctors and female patients must seek out female doctors, especially when examination or treatment requires uncovering one’s awra. There are certain exceptions to this rule, such as if there are no doctors of the same gender available and no one of the same gender can be instructed to treat the patient. Such exceptions are based on the principle of need, in which case the scenario is permitted only to the extent of its necessity.
There are even examples on how Prophet Muhammad(PBOH) lived his life with non-muslim, when Prophet Muhammad want to enter Makkah he wrote letter that "I want to come into Makkah and put the word ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ .. So when the letter get to the non-muslim they laugh and said they wouldn't allow him so he told his disciples to clear the word ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ...in order for Prophet Muhammad to preach word of Allah. The period she will take off the Hijab doesn't mean she has committed the worst sin on Earth. It'd be good and honorable to shun these attitude of playing victims and dividing opinions. Follow ethics. Yes, some laws are the problem of the society but insofar they remain the laid down rule, it's either you abide or don't take part at all instead of seeking embarrassing attention. I maintain that religion has divided us more than it has united us. Issues like this is why I'm not ashamed to be a libertine, secular thinker! Just do what's morally right and the world will be in so much peace!.
Interview with her showed her sister was also called to bar. Her sister said "Something judgement should and unbiased should be done about this". This is a sarcosanct evidence to vindicate the veracity of her religion enthusiasm also. But not to put her 6 years unrelenting effort in jeopardy, she had to compromised. We exalts religion and belief over everything in this country called Nigeria. We keep looming in the realms of mediocrity with our feeble mind and shallow thinking. Everyone want to enter Aljanat Fridaus and obviously no one had ever wanted hell as his/her portion. We are all aiming for hereafter paradise.
My question is;
saga she has caused, the controversy she has caused, the belief she stand firm on, the 6 years journey she has delayed to another year or probably wasted, does it makes her more pious than the rest Muslimah there?
No, as Piety is in the heart and no one can ever say someone is pious than another as Almighty Allah said " ..........and do not ascribe piety to yourselves, he (Allah) knows best and who fears Allah keeps his duty to him". (Q53:32). Others may be more pious than she was, but they all compromised to fit into the social custom.She has sacrificed by remaining steadfast on not removing her hijab, thereby bringing to the fore, what many of these sisters have in their heart.
What I wouldl blame her on is that there were many Muslim brothers and sisters at the call to bar. They all witnessed it and they all see what she was going through then, yet non of them protested or lamented in support of her. Inquest of this, I think the best option for her is to take off the Hijab, go to call to bar and put it on after. If we keep lamenting of social medias, it won't help rather it won't change anything. Those leaders that are Muslims are the one that supposed to fight the discourse, but they can't, as they are Muslim impersonator which is part of their political gimmicks, sleights, Wiles, and gambits while they were contesting.
God that we're worshipping is not strict, we're only making life difficult for ourselves
As a Muslim, I hope and I pray she is called to bar and allow everyother Muslimah to wear their Hijab at the call to bar as it is part of their dressing. But should in case they did not, kindly compromise to their ethics for the ephemeral period.

Lateef Lukman O.
An Activist

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On The Lady That Was Denied To Be Called To Bar, Amasa Fridaus by enilove(m): 8:13am On Dec 20, 2017
To remove hijab is not to remove her underwear . The code of conduct of the profession must be followed.

There are uniforms for some types of jobs . A police woman cannot put on hijab neither can Christians put on their christian caps while in police uniform.

A good religion should obey the law of the land , just like the Bible says in : Romans 13:1-3,7 KJV

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. [2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
[3] For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
[7] Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due ; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Pay Tithe / 5 Lies Christians Tell About Money / RCCG 2018 50 Days Fasting. Day 30, Friday 9th Feb 2018.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.