Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (14993 Views)

Moon Walker 2 [the Dark Moon] Onyeneke Abel / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel / April 2018: Nairaland Book Of The Month-moon Walker By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
The other side
Chapter 13
Day 8/9
Jack was plainly going to drink his way to death. Julie screamed and attempted to stop it but surprisingly she was stuck, she couldn't go near them, and neither could Jack hear her.
Siera was smart, she poured out a glass of wine for herself too, so Jack wouldn't surmise a thing.
"Jack!"
She could discern that her calls were to no avail...cleverly she caused the vase on the dinning table to fall with a loud noise.
Jack got the notification. He sneezed and acted like he got startled with the thud...
"What was that?"
He had successfully knocked off the full bottle of wine and equally the one in his hands.
"I'm sure it's nothing... Oh my, your wine... And I bought it specially for you"
She growled within at the loss, but she was not ready to give it up yet...
"Have mine then"
She extended her glass of wine to him...he swallowed hard, smiled and returned the favour.
"No baby, you have it...I don't want to have your share...that would be too greedy"
"No I wouldn't mind"
She extended it again, gradually losing her patience with him.
"No, but I would mind...so no..."
She was quiet, contemplating on whether to flare up or keep calm.
"Emm Jack, have you been seeing Julie, her ghost?"
Her question was undeviating...he was thrown off balance and was careful in his response.
"Julie? I thought she was declared missing? They've found her?"
He recurred her question with his questions.
"Emm, yeah, but I've been seeing her ghost Jack, so I'm just wondering... Maybe she is dead"
Jack had the perfect moment to twist the question now.
"Why? Ghosts only go after people who are somehow connected to their death"
Siera glowered and hit him mildly.
"What's that? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me, you know she was my best friend"
"Yeah maybe"
"Ok baby can I spend the night?"
Her request was suspicious... Well of course Jack was wise not to give in...
"Emm actually, I was planning to crash at Frank's place"
He had hoped that would somehow terminate the request...but she was adamant.
"Oh don't worry, I would stay behind...probably leave first thing tomorrow morning"
Jack wasn't sure of her intentions, but he was better of in Frank's apartment, than a night with Siera...
"Emm, ok...let me go get my pyjamas"
He walked past Julie and gave a signal.
"Jack, you are leaving me with her?"
She shivered in fear, thoughts of what Bernice might have armed Siera with scared Julie. She couldn't go near Jack when he was with Siera, it must be something Bernice has armed Siera with. She imagined the havoc Siera might create at Jack's absence.
"I have no choice, so she won't suspect that I can actually see you"
He whispered thru his clenched teeth.
"And you are a ghost Julie, is it possible to hurt a ghost?"
"It isn't, but not with the gatekeeper aiding her"
"Ok who is this gatekeeper"
Siera interrupted when she called.
"Baby? Who are you talking too"
"No one, I'm coming"
He turned back to Julie...
"I gotta go..."
She nodded and bit her fingers in fear.
"I love you"
He pretended not to hear, it was nothing serious...
"Take care baby"
The smiles Siera had was dubious...and he was having second thoughts now.
"I would take care of the house don't worry"
He nodded and started out.
Julie's fright pricked his heart again...She was in danger? But what can a human do to harm a ghost...its clearly impossible..
He drove steadily, just meters away from Frank's apartment he stopped the engine.
"I love you"
Why did she say that? He wouldn't see her again? Is that the reason she said that?
"Shit!"
He jerked his car in reverse and zoomed in high speed, back to his apartment.
"Julie!"
He called and barge into his house, the sitting room was turned into a mess, the dinning too...
"Siera?"
She was nowhere to be found...
"Julie?...Ju..."
He found her where she laid to the wall...shivering.
"Julie? Julie?"
He picked her into his arms..
"Oh my God.."
He noticed the big dark hole embedded in her chest, and the veins coiled up to her eyes.
"Dammit, Julie?"
"She is going to die"
It was favour...she appeared from nowhere
"Who the hell are you? what the hell are you saying, ghosts don't die"
"Not when the gatekeeper is involved Jack"
He had heard enough of the gatekeeper... He lashed in anger.
"Who the hell is the gatekeeper!!"

©onyeneke Abel. January 2018 all rights reserved.
The other side
Continues
What happens next?
Drop your comments below�

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by xaviercasmir(m): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
This siara is a devil. Keep it up bro
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Pearl05(f): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Poor Julie .

Why send her on a mission and plotting for her down fall at same time. I don hate the gatekeeper . But Abel ghost should be indestructible nau. Shebi ghosts and spirit are same.

I think jack don dey like his ghost friend.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
xaviercasmir:
This siara is a devil. Keep it up bro
lol...siera is an angel o...
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 18, 2018
keep up the good work, im loving this

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2018
oh dear...this is too good and the suspense is killing please update o...you are good

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2018
oh dear...this is too good and the suspense is killing please update o...you are good

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Canme4u(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nice story, well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Opelwonder(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
Why did the story finish na? When will u complete it? Pls mention me o. I love this story like kilode
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by HisExcellence(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
WOW LOVELY AND NICE FICTION STORIE, DONT FORGET TO MENTION ME.
FOLLOWING YOU SINCE 1902.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Dessydemmy: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Whoa,so lovely please metion me in the next episode. Dessdemmy cares.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Opelwonder:
Why did the story finish na? When will u complete it? Pls mention me o. I love this story like kilode
lol ok
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dessydemmy:
Whoa,so lovely please metion me in the next episode. Dessdemmy cares.
alright dear
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by senitorspeaker(m): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dear Author,

please i encourage you and say nice work. please i want an update on the story by tomorrow unfailingly. please do the needful as i can't wait to see/read how this story ends. More ideas to you and more ink to your pen.

#SenitorSpeaker

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
The other side

Chapter 14

Day 9-12

"The gatekeeper is the keeper of the gates, hunter of lost souls. Link to the other side"
He didn't get the explication.
"I meant what the gatekeeper has to do with this...?"
"She armed Siera with the whip"

Favour continued, examining Julie closely.

"And what is that supposed to do?"
"Wipe Julie of existence, she is still here because the whip barely touched her. But you see this dark hole, once it spreads, she'll wash off"

Jack paced now, he had conflicting thoughts...he needed her around till he was sure of his safety.

"Look, you need to find a way to heal her...I need her for special reasons..."

He stopped pacing and took a good look at Favour again before he realised one fact.

"God I am no longer normal, So this is how Jack now talk to ghosts"

Favour was still for a while before she divulged the truth.

"I can't save her, but you can"

He couldn't believe his ears...it was ridiculous. The expression on his face wasn't what Favour had fathomed.

"Save who? Me? Look that girl is the reason my mother died, she locked me up till I lost my contract...Called me trash...the only reason I need her around is because she is a good bonus against Siera...But if this is what you are requesting, then forget it please...she can wash off from existence and stop plaguing my life"

Favour mouth stood agape...It was proof that Jack was after his own skin...she shut her eyes in rage that the foundation of the house shook.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

He shrieked in fear...maybe he had said too much.

"You ungrateful bastard, she defiled the gatekeeper because she wanted to save you...she sacrificed her chance of returning to the land of the living, because she wanted to see you don't end up dead...even if it meant losing her life in the process...you don't deserved it...you would rot, and she wouldn't be here to save you"

Favour dropped the word and took off with Julie...

He felt cold wash down his spine. The reality was quite confusing, but one thing was certain, he had said too much.

He sat on his sofa, instructing his subconscious mind not fall for the words he heard.

She had to go, she is the reason he lost his mother, he can't possibly forgive her for that.

"She can die for all I care..."

He concluded and life went on.

For days he tried not to think of Julie. He was quite smart to stall the thoughts anytime it surfaced.

First his apartment got messy again. Julie popped his thoughts but he waved it off. His personal efforts were beginning to lose hold...quickly he called Frank up, he clearly needed help.

"What's up bro, you home?"

Frank's affirmative response prompted him to request.

"How about we stop by the bar"

Frank was no rookie...he knew something was up, Jack requests for the bar when he was troubled.

"So are you telling me what's up?"

Jack had opened his mouth when he realised Frank wouldn't believe him anyway.

Instead he twisted the question.

"Is it wrong to neglect the person who sacrificed her own life to see you live life to the fullest?"

Frank chuckled at his question at first.

"Is it Siera? You had a fight?"

He wasn't hitting on the question.

"Frank answer the question"
"Bro it wrong nah, you don't need a soothsayer to spill this out. Why will you neglect the one person who sacrificed all to see you alive?"

Frank was perfectly sure he was talking about Siera, maybe they had a fight or something...or they broke up.

"Jack what have you done to Siera?"

Jack had his hands glued to the glass of beer he had stuck halfway to his mouth. He bowed in realisation.

"Frank, I'm a fool, I am a fool Frank, she sacrificed everything for me...everything"

Frank had not gotten a Confirmation to his question.

"Jack calm down, is it Siera?"

Jack stood up and gulped the last resort of beer, without dropping pleasantries, he started to his car.

"Jack?"

Frank called but he paid no attention. Jack's regret was tuned to anger, he needed someone to blame for his foolishness, and there was no perfect person than the originator of the whole incident.

He got to Prada designers and encountered Siera in a perfect spot, seated in her office.

"Jack? Jack I saw Julie, she wanted to kill me Jack"

She hurried and hugged him, feigned tears welled up in her eyes.

"You didn't even call to know what happened Jack, she almost killed me"

She still held onto him, sniffing and hoping he bought her story.

He freed himself from her grip. Slowly he trailed his hands to her neck.

She couldn't tell what is expression was...his hands trailing to her neck were arousing, erotic.

And slowly he had her against the wall and traced his hands from her breasts up to her neck now, massaging softly...she wasn't sure of his intentions, but he was damn erotic, she shut her eyes and trusted his guts for a while when she moaned out his name.

"Jack?"

And then suddenly, he tightened his grip, and slowly heaved the life from her. She struggled but her feminine strength was no match for his...

"Ja..ack" Her wild hit on his arm did her no good, he was going to snuff the life out of her.

His voice was low but hoarse... His eyes red and jaw tightened. He muttered through his clenched teeth.

"You bastard...what have you done to my Julie...?"

Just a blink away, she would have lost her life. He freed her and waited till she caught her breathe before he warned.

"If I wait till nightfall, and I can't find Julie...you are dead, it's not a threat, it's a promise"

©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved.

The other side

Continues

What happens next?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2018
opelwonder Dessydemmy
oya oh food is ready
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by bee002: 11:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
Abelosas222:

lol ok
..... me too #bee002 and hope I will be notified when it's out
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by FortunateB(f): 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
Can't believe am loving this ghost story.
Ride on.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 19, 2018
please post the next episode..which kind yeye play be dix
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Pearl05(f): 6:19am On Jan 19, 2018
Abelosas222:
opelwonder
Dessydemmy

oya oh
food is ready

So me no be your person nau as you called so selected people.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 6:34am On Jan 19, 2018
Pearl05:
So me no be your person nau as you called so selected people.
lol no vex nah...you didn't request me to mention you
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Pearl05(f): 9:50am On Jan 19, 2018
Please what happens next? But Julie can't die since her body isn't found yet. Now that jack has started missing/loving Julie maybe her wound will heal.

Abeg I no fit wait. I'm allergic to update delay. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
Pearl05:
Please what happens next? But Julie can't die since her body isn't found yet. Now that jack has started missing/loving Julie maybe her wound will heal.

Abeg I no fit wait. I'm allergic to update delay. cry cry cry

lol maybe. who knows
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
The other side
Chapter 15
Day 13

Siera could only denote one thing. Julie had gotten to Jack. He could see her too; Or maybe she had bewitched him somehow. She had never witnessed Jack in such mood before. This was getting out of hand. She should have just gotten a gun and drove a bullet through his heart, when she had the chance.
Damn Julie! Anyway she was pretty sure that Julie wouldn't survive the hit, so the old woman she encountered had revealed.
It was change of plans now. Jack knows what she did already, there is no point playing nice anymore. She would take the war to him.
Jack was hell-bent on proving to Siera that he meant every word he said, he was going to cause havoc if he doesn't see Julie in 24hours.
He went to work the next day in a different mood. His subordinates and those above him did well to stay off his path. He was angry, 5% at Siera, 95% at himself. He was so unreasonable, she had been there for him, she literally saved him countless times. Siera would have succeeded without any interruption, but Julie had been a bulwark. And he turned his back on her when she needed help.
'But she caused your mother's death'
A part of his mind whispered. Suddenly he felt how stupid that reason appeared to be. There are other models he could have gone to, his opponent who won the contract didn't use an expensive model, he didn't trust his skills, he wanted to use her to make quick money, when he had little to offer. It wasn't her fault she rejected him, no one in her place would accept his proposal.
'She locked you up remember?'
That mind again.
'She called you trash'
It welled up in his head that he began to tighten his grip on his desk.
Williams, his colleague got scared at the sight.
"Hey bro? Are you OK?"
"I'm fine, mind your business"
It was a strict warning, and Williams was wise to obey.
"I love you"
Her words transcended and eventually surpassed every other thought. He couldn't shake it off...why did she say that? She said it to torment him or what?
"Ahhh!"
He made a burst and threw down the files piled up on his desk.
Williams whisked to the door for safety.
"You've gone crazy man"
He ignored and picked his car keys.
"Tell the boss I got sick"
"Certainly, you are sick...you are certainly sick"
He nudged Williams out of the way and zoomed off the premises.
He was meters to his house when favour appeared and sat by the passengers seat. He halted in shock and it took his manly skills to swerve and bring the car to balance.
"What the...? You fucking scared me!"
She waited till he was calm before she requested.
"Julie needs you"
"I was going to ask you where you took my Julie to"
"Your Julie?"
The sarcastic tone Favour used in her question made him stutter. What was he thinking when he said 'my Julie' she is a ghost for Christ sake.
"I..I..meant Ju..lie...My friend just get Julie here"
She nodded and took off. He sighed in relief and caught himself smiling. Julie was coming back.
He suddenly realised and cautioned himself.
"Why are you smiling?"
There was no one around to answer his question.
He got home and thought it wise to put his house in order. It didn't want Julie to meet his house messy.
"Why are you putting your apartment in order?"
He asked himself again.
"Jack would you stop asking yourself question!"
He yelled and held his head.
"Oh my God, I'm going crazy"
Viola! Favour appeared with Julie; he froze, she was all grey, veins strained to her eyes, the dark hole embedded in her chest had enlarged.
He attempted to reach for her when the house darkened, the lights went off, the chairs rend in two, an unusual wind settled in the apartment, Favour took off immediately.
The gatekeeper appeared next with her white cloak and horse whip, oozing with black smoke.
Jack froze with fear, he shook his head at the sight and muttered.
"My normal life is over"
©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved
The other side
Continues
What happens next?

4 Likes

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Pearl05(f): 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
Abelosas222:
The other side
Chapter 15
Day 13

Siera could only denote one thing. Julie had gotten to Jack. He could see her too; Or maybe she had bewitched him somehow. She had never witnessed Jack in such mood before. This was getting out of hand. She should have just gotten a gun and drove a bullet through his heart, when she had the chance.
Damn Julie! Anyway she was pretty sure that Julie wouldn't survive the hit, so the old woman she encountered had revealed.
It was change of plans now. Jack knows what she did already, there is no point playing nice anymore. She would take the war to him.
Jack was hell-bent on proving to Siera that he meant every word he said, he was going to cause havoc if he doesn't see Julie in 24hours.
He went to work the next day in a different mood. His subordinates and those above him did well to stay off his path. He was angry, 5% at Siera, 95% at himself. He was so unreasonable, she had been there for him, she literally saved him countless times. Siera would have succeeded without any interruption, but Julie had been a bulwark. And he turned his back on her when she needed help.
'But she caused your mother's death'
A part of his mind whispered. Suddenly he felt how stupid that reason appeared to be. There are other models he could have gone to, his opponent who won the contract didn't use an expensive model, he didn't trust his skills, he wanted to use her to make quick money, when he had little to offer. It wasn't her fault she rejected him, no one in her place would accept his proposal.
'She locked you up remember?'
That mind again.
'She called you trash'
It welled up in his head that he began to tighten his grip on his desk.
Williams, his colleague got scared at the sight.
"Hey bro? Are you OK?"
"I'm fine, mind your business"
It was a strict warning, and Williams was wise to obey.
"I love you"
Her words transcended and eventually surpassed every other thought. He couldn't shake it off...why did she say that? She said it to torment him or what?
"Ahhh!"
He made a burst and threw down the files piled up on his desk.
Williams whisked to the door for safety.
"You've gone crazy man"
He ignored and picked his car keys.
"Tell the boss I got sick"
"Certainly, you are sick...you are certainly sick"
He nudged Williams out of the way and zoomed off the premises.
He was meters to his house when favour appeared and sat by the passengers seat. He halted in shock and it took his manly skills to swerve and bring the car to balance.
"What the...? You fucking scared me!"
She waited till he was calm before she requested.
"Julie needs you"
"I was going to ask you where you took my Julie to"
"Your Julie?"
The sarcastic tone Favour used in her question made him stutter. What was he thinking when he said 'my Julie' she is a ghost for Christ sake.
"I..I..meant Ju..lie...My friend just get Julie here"
She nodded and took off. He sighed in relief and caught himself smiling. Julie was coming back.
He suddenly realised and cautioned himself.
"Why are you smiling?"
There was no one around to answer his question.
He got home and thought it wise to put his house in order. It didn't want Julie to meet his house messy.
"Why are you putting your apartment in order?"
He asked himself again.
"Jack would you stop asking yourself question!"
He yelled and held his head.
"Oh my God, I'm going crazy"
Viola! Favour appeared with Julie; he froze, she was all grey, veins strained to her eyes, the dark hole embedded in her chest had enlarged.
He attempted to reach for her when the house darkened, the lights went off, the chairs rend in two, an unusual wind settled in the apartment, Favour took off immediately.
The gatekeeper appeared next with her white cloak and horse whip, oozing with black smoke.
Jack froze with fear, he shook his head at the sight and muttered.
"My normal life is over"
©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved
The other side
Continues
What happens next?

You know how to kill it. The suspense is too much. I want the complete work. How do i get it.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by FortunateB(f): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
This suspence is killing ooooo, please one more update before we sleep.
Kudos.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by FortunateB(f): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
This suspense is killing ooooo, please one more update before we sleep.
Kudos.
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
Pearl05:

You know how to kill it. The suspense is too much. I want the complete work. How do i get it.
visit my blog and subscribe to my email list you would get the complete eBook to ur inbox
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Pearl05(f): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
Abelosas222:

visit my blog and subscribe to my email list you would get the complete eBook to ur inbox

I was asked to type in my email and click on IWANTTHEBOOK which I did. So how do I get it
Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
The other side

Chapter 15

Day 13/14

Jack held his breathe, his thoughts were conflicted, they were without base. He knew he had broken out in sweat already but he didn't want to accept the fact that he was scared to death. The apartment was calm now and he could see the gatekeeper before him. Her eyes glowed white beneath her cloak.
"I'm not gonna ask what you are, or what you are doing in my room, because I know who you are, and I'm... I'm not scared of you"

Bernice's lips gave way for the smile she posed for it. And then the next minute it disappeared.

"Step away from her"

She instructed. 

"Who?"

He knew she meant Julie, but he felt asking would stale lots of precious time.

"She is doomed already and if you think there is anything you can do to save her then you've got it all wrong"

She didn't look all scary to Jack, but he wasn't going to give Julie to her anyway. He wouldn't deny the fact that he was scared, but he was ready to bear whatever it takes to protect her.

"Before you take her, can I at least touch her?"

She remained quiet, neither her words or actions gave him a go ahead, so he figured it was a yes.

"On the 30th of this month, You'll die, if you save her"

Her words sank deep Into his membrane.

"What?"
"She deviated from the bargain and she knew the consequences attached to it"
"When you mean the bargain, you mean because she tried to protect me?"

Bernice nodded and attempted to take Julie with her but Jack Interrupted.

"What was the bargain?"

She didn't seem offended with his attempts.

"That she makes you fall in love with her with 30days in exchange for another chance to the land of the living...but she chose to save your life instead"

Jack understood now, how compassionate Julie had been, she was willing to sacrifice her chances of coming back to earth for him? what other love is greater than this?"

He suddenly got bold.

"You are taking her nowhere, how do I save her?"

Bernice smiled at his guts. He couldn't tell if it was what she wanted but with her actions he could read she had more than one intention.

"If you save her, you will die on the 30th of this month"

His heart missed again, but his mind had taken control and there was no going back.

"I have no one to live for, so why not, how do I save her, the dark hole is getting bigger"

She was quiet for a while and he was beginning to lose patience.

"Kiss her"

Just that? Her lips were dry and all white. But it was piece of cake.

Before Bernice could drop another word of restriction, he dived at the task and picked her lips with his.

Instantly she got the charge and caught his lips, the energy transfer drained him till the hole in her chest was completely covered.

He fell to the bare tiles, still a little subconscious.

"Jack Wilshere, you just gave out 5years from your life span to Julie"

It was the last words he heard before he trailed off.

An hour later he opened his eyes, still a little blur he felt a sharp headache shooting from his spine to his head.

He held his head and groaned in pain. And she was there to help.

"Jack?"

Her voice was calm and caressing.

"It's going to be ok, I'm here, I won't let any harm come to you"

His vision was still blur but he could recognize Julie's voice and he somehow found confidence in it.

"Go back to sleep now"

She placed a feather light kiss on his forehead and watched him trail off to sleep.

It was 30minutes later when she got that feeling of another battle coming her way.

It was Siera, with a gun in her bag, she was going to end things today. Once she kills him with this silencer, she would simply have his fingerprint without interruptions. She was at the door when she wore her gloves and stepped in.

"Jack?"

The creaking sound of the door and unusual calm breeze that washed on her got her thinking. What was going on? Is it Julie? It can't be, the old woman assured her that Julie wouldn't survive the whip, no ghost has ever survived it. So she waved the thoughts off and started towards Jack's room.

She could see him clearly, he laid on the bed, fast asleep. This was going to be Swift, she would be done before anyone noticed.

But the unexpected happened, her legs floated on air and before she could let out a scream she was smashed to the ceilings and paused halfway down, with blood dripping from her nostrils. she spotted Julie with red eyes.

"Hello Siera, ready for round two?"

©onyeneke Abel .January 2018 all rights reserved.

The other side

Continues.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel by lordpriso(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
u skipped chapter 14

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / Reading Habits You Shouldn’t Take Into The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.