Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

The Demystification Of Santa Claus - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Demystification Of Santa Claus (473 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Poses With Santa Claus: "I’ve Been A Very Good Girl This Year" / Zion Ayo Balogun And Mother, Jada P Pose With Santa Claus / Basketmouth Dresses Up As Santa Claus, Shocks Fans Inside A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Demystification Of Santa Claus by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
As the festive season hots up in Nigeria, there is one thing that has been a common site everywhere you go: Santa. Father Christmas has been a part of Christmas everywhere in the world for centuries.

The traditional father Christmas is a white bearded chubby old man in a red dress and brown boots, with a bag of goodies slumped over his shoulder. He is always ever ready to give children gift from his sack.

The concept of father Christmas originates from the West and in the tradition of the western cultures, father Christmas is a white man. With the adoption of the culture in African societies, we have evolved into using black Santa. However, this has gone to a ridiculous point of forgetting completely, some of the distinctive features of the original Santa.

Today, the concept of Santa is evolving and different kinds of Santas can be seen. With the costumes generally available from most gift/clothing stores, anybody can be Santa. Even Nigerian celebrities these days are posing for pictures in Santa costumes. There are also Santas that speak in pidgin English and drink beer. This is interesting, as much as weird for those who grew up with a larger than life image of the father Christmas.

One thing is very clear: Santa has been demystified!

http://www.todaysecho.com/photos-demystification-santa-claus/

(1) (Reply)

Someone I Once Loved Gave Me A Box Full Of Darkness; It Took Me Years Toke / Wizkid Signs Ahmed, A Young Boy To Star Boy Recording Label / RIP : Survivor Of World War II Dies At 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.