Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? (4866 Views)

What Is Computer Programming / How To Land A Programming Job In 6 Months / $7/hr Programming Job Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Lucasiangrey: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
I just concluded 2nd year in electrical and electronic engineering...i started learning computer programming when they got me a laptop this year...i have been picking concepts at a good pace (though i have not been doing much due to schooling)...i have fallen in love with computer programming /software engineering just within the short time primarily because i noticed it gives me a relatively cheap opportunity(needs just the computer and the mind) to solve serious problem ...please,how is the job market for programmers/software engineers in nigeria now and what do you think of it in 3 to 4 years time(in terms of pay,job opportunity and productivity)?...and what are my chances of getting a job in that field considering the course i am studying?...any other advice ,please state it.thanks.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by stanliwise(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
You that only make much if u can program real life apps or games
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Lucasiangrey: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
stanliwise:
You that only make much if u can program real life apps or games
i didn't get that...
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by stanliwise(m): 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
Lucasiangrey:
i didn't get that...
typo error
I mean you can only make real cash if you can program usable and real life applications
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Lucasiangrey: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
stanliwise:
typo error
I mean you can only make real cash if you can program usable and real life applications
o.k,thanks.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by emperorizzy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
As a programmer you can make money from freelancing and working for companies from school. I've got friends that are working in different capacities and they haven't even finished school. Just be good, and connect with peeps in that field, you'll be surprised how much people can pay for a skill that looks ordinary.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Lucasiangrey: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
emperorizzy:
As a programmer you can make money from freelancing and working for companies from school. I've got friends that are working in different capacities and they haven't even finished school. Just be good, and connect with peeps in that field, you'll be surprised how much people can pay for a skill that looks ordinary.
thanks a lot.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by tippyboy(m): 2:34am On Dec 23, 2017
Lucasiangrey:
please,how is the job market for programmers/software engineers in nigeria now and what do you think of it in 3 to 4 years time(in terms of pay,job opportunity and productivity)?...and what are my chances of getting a job in that field considering the course i am studying?...any other advice ,please state it.thanks.
It depends on the programming language you chose to learn. If you choose any programming language like Javascript, python, php, or Java, your chance of getting a job is very high. It doesn't matter the course you study, what matter most is your experience and the previous projects you have done.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Lucasiangrey: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2017
tippyboy:

It depends on the programming language you chose to learn. If you choose any programming language like Javascript, python, php, or Java, your chance of getting a job is very high. It doesn't matter the course you study, what matter most is your experience and the previous projects you have done.
thanks.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
emperorizzy:

TBT this is me lol

but you so correct

I just plan along with these companies and improve my service delivery including my PR

funny thing is I just smile when ever am been given special treatment when working for these companies

More better days ahead

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Angy55(f): 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
I must fulfill my dreams of becoming a programmer one day. The delays I'm facing are just temporary.

God Help me in 2018.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Angy55:
I must fulfill my dreams of becoming a programmer one day. The delays I'm facing are just temporary.

God Help me in 2018.

I also face problems but the simplest solution is the best solution which I have been applying from studies to clients jobs and services going forward
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by NaHiim: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
I code in python and java(quite good at android application creation). I also know html and css and I can repair computers too(or anything electronics). I'm a Computer Engineering student of Unilorin. I'm seriously looking for tech-related internship here at Ilorin to get some hands-on experience. My name is Adebisi Nahiim and my e-mail address: nahimadebisi@gmail.com. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
NaHiim:
I code in python and java(quite good at android application creation). I also know html and css and I can repair computers too(or anything electronics). I'm a Computer Engineering student of Unilorin. I'm seriously looking for tech-related internship here at Ilorin. My name is Adebisi Nahiim and my e-mail address: nahimadebisi@gmail.com. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

Am based in Abuja even if I can refer you to a place it would be in Abuja and from your post you already bounded by location (illorin)
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Angy55(f): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
raymod170:

I also face problems but the simplest solution is the best solution which I have been applying from studies to clients jobs and services going forward
The delay I'm talking about here is a laptop, it was moved by some bad boys and I was already developing myself on programming, since then I haven't been able to get another one.
Been a graduate of computer science is not just enough.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by asalimpo(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Angy55:

God Help me in 2018.
Coming from a pink f (female/lady/babe/woman/gal etc ) that's impressive. This section has a woeful lack of female programmers!
Hope you are not just mouthing and talking like many people. Programming requires hard work! It can make digging a trench to lay mtn cable look like light work.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Angy55(f): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
asalimpo:

Coming from a pink f (woman, ) that's impressive. This section has a woeful lack of female programmers!
Hope you are not just mouthing and talking like many people. Programming requires hard work! It can make digging a trench to lay mtn cable look like light work.

Yeah, I understand you perfectly. During my IT days my mates went to look for money but I paid to learn, but it's so painful I can't make use of the knowledge now.

Programming requires hardwork.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
Angy55:

The delay I'm talking about here is a laptop, it was moved by some bad boys and I was already developing myself on programming, since then I haven't been able to get another one.
Been a graduate of computer science is not just enough.

so sorry about that, I hope you get a new and better one soon.....its never enough been just a computer science graduate ......you have to do much more work outside your school curriculum if you want to be relevant cos mehn my greatest joy is not what my school taught and is still teaching me but what I personally learnt from my own research and the use of readily available things around me to improve it's difficult and not child's play but I want to be ready cos when am done I would not just be a new comer to the labour force but an amateur who has basics or professional level of knowledge suitable for the day to day problems solutions techniques and much more the labour force has to offer to me personally

best regards
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Angy55(f): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
raymod170:

so sorry about that, I hope you get a new and better one soon.....its never enough been just a computer science graduate ......you have to do much more work outside your school curriculum if you want to be relevant cos mehn my greatest joy is not what my school taught and is still teaching me but what I personally learnt from my own research and the use of readily available things around me to improve it's difficult and not child's play but I want to be ready cos when am done I would not just be a new comer to the labour force but an amateur who has basics or professional level of knowledge suitable for the day to day problems solutions techniques and much more the labour force has to offer to me personally

best regards

You nailed it.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
Angy55:

Yeah, I understand you perfectly. During my IT days my mates went to look for money but I paid to learn, but it's so painful I can't make use of the knowledge now.

Programming requires hardwork.

start small when you get a new laptop do things on your own make mistakes fix it, make more mistakes fix them all, improve on designs UI, show your friends let them critize good or bad at least you make an effort, improve, write more codes, fix bugs, show your friends again, listen and work based on critics, build confidence and mental stimulation, make your mind up, market yourself, get a client, and from there the incremental values in clients and cash increases and you would be amazed at your humble beginnings

best regards

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
I want to learn programming but I don't have a laptop,can I get a new one for 60k?
Your suggestions please
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
I want to learn programming but I don't have a laptop,can I get a new one for 60k?
Your suggestions please
Laptops are now sold at exorbitant prices unless u want a mini-laptop which can't be helpful for such... U might wanna consider buying from a trusted person.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
Maj196:
Laptops are now sold at exorbitant prices unless u want a mini-laptop which can't be helpful for such... U might wanna consider buying from a trusted person.

What are the cons of having a mini laptop?
Can't it do the job a programmer requires it to do?
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

What are the cons of having a mini laptop?
Can't it do the job a programmer requires it to do?
A mini laptop is good but it can't completely do the programming work there are specifications which must be met first its best to get a full laptop.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2017
Maj196:
A mini laptop is good but it can't completely do the programming work there are specifications which must be met first its best to get a full laptop.
Ok can you drop a link or give me the average specs of a normal laptop.I also need a windows 10
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by raymod170(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Ok can you drop a link or give me the average specs of a normal laptop.I also need a windows 10

Hard drive 320gb upwards
Ram 4gb upwards

you would need this if you want a smooth operations when you opening one or more than one instance of a your projects through an IDE like visual studio or Android studio

else if you going for a light weight IDE
hard drive 250
ram 2gb

best regards
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by FemiEddy(m): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2017
Angy55:

God Help me in 2018.
Amen! God help us all! Compliments!

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by Angy55(f): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
FemiEddy:

Amen! God help us all! Compliments!

Amen grandpa!!! Compliments
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by stanliwise(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Your suggestions please
You can't get a new one for 60k except someone want to sell you are sprayed tokubo laptop disguise as a new one.

Advise: Get a London-used from an trusted enginner or a trusted marketer. Or buy from someone you know his laptop is a good one from experience.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by myrrtle(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Lucasiangrey:
I just concluded 2nd year in electrical and electronic engineering...i started learning computer programming when they got me a laptop this year...i have been picking concepts at a good pace (though i have not been doing much due to schooling)...i have fallen in love with computer programming /software engineering just within the short time primarily because i noticed it gives me a relatively cheap opportunity(needs just the computer and the mind) to solve serious problem ...please,how is the job market for programmers/software engineers in nigeria now and what do you think of it in 3 to 4 years time(in terms of pay,job opportunity and productivity)?...and what are my chances of getting a job in that field considering the course i am studying?...any other advice ,please state it.thanks.
I studied electrical engineering and never enjoyed it, so I switched to programming. My mini project and project topics were in software development, mini project score 87 and project score 93. I've never looked back since then and now work as a full stack Developer, MERN Stack and LAMP Stack (PHP yii2). I can mentor you if you have genuine passion for programming.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by NaHiim: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2017
myrrtle:

I studied electrical engineering and never enjoyed it, so I switched to programming. My mini project and project topics were in software development, mini project score 87 and project score 93. I've never looked back since then and now work as a full stack Developer, MERN Stack and LAMP Stack (PHP yii2). I can mentor you if you have genuine passion for programming.

I am a Computer Engineering student in Unilorin. I code in java and python and I'm also into android development. I could really use your mentorship sir.

I am looking for internship here in Ilorin as a student just to get some hands-on experience. If you can help me it would be much appreciated sir.
Re: How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? by myrrtle(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2017
NaHiim:

I am a Computer Engineering student in Unilorin. I code in java and python and I'm also into android development. I could really use your mentorship sir.

I am looking for internship here in Ilorin as a student just to get some hands-on experience. If you can help me it would be much appreciated sir.
I don't do java and python, but JavaScript and its libraries and framework. programming internship in Ilorin? do we have software companies in Ilorin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Algorithm Workout! / Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Reasons Why Programming Is A Dangerous Profession In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.