Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Facebook Now Alerts Users If They Are Spotted In Someone Else’s Photo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Now Alerts Users If They Are Spotted In Someone Else’s Photo (351 Views)

Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim / Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Now Alerts Users If They Are Spotted In Someone Else’s Photo by techtip(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
You remember the “I Don Get Alat” Song by Korede Bello. Well Facebook now alerts users if they are spotted in someone else’s photo.But to get this feature it has to be enabled. If you enable this feature and you are spotted in another person’s photo even if you are not tagged in the photo, Facebook will notify you.

Facebook also revealed that the functionalities uses the same face recognition technology that currently used to suggest friends you may want to tag in photos.

The company also revealed that they will soon roll out another feature that will notify you if someone is trying to impersonate you in Facebook by using your photo as their profile display picture.

What happens when Facebook doesn’t tell you a friend has died?

However, this feature will be available in all countries except Canada and EU, where Facebook doesn’t offer face recognition technology.

Source: Facebook now alerts users if they are spotted in someone else’s photo

cc lalasticlala
ishilove
seun
Re: Facebook Now Alerts Users If They Are Spotted In Someone Else’s Photo by Timileyin1234(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
The feature that won't last

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Releases First Full-screen Display Smartphone, CAMON CM / Help! My Phone Is Malfunctioning / Start A Phone Store Business How Much Do I Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.