Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) (1725 Views)

How Can I Stop My Chickens From Wasiting Food / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2017
Someone please help, like 4-5 of my cockerels have problem with opening their eyes. Some, only one eye is affected, and some, the two eyes.

What disease could this be?

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by NwaChibuzor13: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2017
They might be suffering from fowl pox. Check their crowns if you spot any lump
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 21, 2017
That's Foul Pox/ infectious Coryza

Quickly separate them from the rest as the infection spread soo fast..
You need an HCL based drugs..

I will recommend CDT" . Get it, follow d administration on it. it shld clear after 6 days..
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
They might be suffering from fowl pox. Check their crowns if you spot any lump

Nothing on their crowns. I actually thought the antibiotics in the water I gave them got in their eye. Thanks.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by ifex370(m): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2017
No be Apollo be this?

Lol..don't mind me... Follow what the above commenter said
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2017
JPENG:

I will recommend CDT" . Get it, follow d administration on it. it shld clear after 6 days..

Please can you break down these terminologies. I am not familiar with them.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2017
ifex370:
No be Apollo be this?

Lol..don't mind me... Follow what the above commenter said

Lol!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by chaarly(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Christmas Fever
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2017
Another one...

Sorry, it is the one in the background I wanted to snap before that other one photo bombed it. And the other ones were pecking my phone so I had to take the pic fast. Lol!

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2017
These chickens know its that time of the year so they are pretending to be sick. No one wants to eat a sick chicken.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by obstead200(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2017
JPENG:

It is either infectious coryza or a symptom of some other respiratory ailment.
Get DS- siproxin or some other cyprofloxaxin based drug.
U might also add viracid and also re vaccinate against fowl pox.
It might be the wet pox type

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by oluwasemipe(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2017
It could be two things,that is the symptoms for coryza or fowl cholera but I am sure it's coryza
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by oluwasemipe(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2017
Do you notice any sign of spot on their combs Or wattles? If there are spots on their faces that is fowlpox but if their eyes are swollen and bringing out water that is coryza or fowlpox
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
obstead200:

It is either infectious coryza or a symptom of some other respiratory ailment.
Get DS- siproxin or some other cyprofloxaxin based drug.
U might also add viracid and also re vaccinate against fowl pox.
It might be the wet pox type

OK. Thanks.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
oluwasemipe:
It could be two things,that is the symptoms for coryza or fowl cholera but I am sure it's coryza

Hmm!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
oluwasemipe:
Do you notice any sign of spot on their combs Or wattles? If there are spots on their faces that is fowlpox but if their eyes are swollen and bringing out water that is coryza or fowlpox

No spots on their combs. Just water coming out of their swollen eyes.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by oluwasemipe(m): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Then that is coryza,go and get penprovit and streptomycin injection Or enrofloxaxin,doxygen,viral mix and so on,what is the number of your birds so I can tell use the dosage to use
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
oluwasemipe:
Then that is coryza,go and get penprovit and streptomycin injection Or enrofloxaxin,doxygen,viral mix and so on,what is the number of your birds so I can tell use the dosage to use

It might be fowlpox though. I just got back home and checked them again... They have spots on their combs and on those things below their mouth. But the funny thing is they are still very very active.

They are 19.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by oluwasemipe(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
Their activeness will only last for short time,if there are spot or their comb then go and get viral mix or poxcure for them but viral mix is more active,In three to four day those lumps will dried off totally.but after everything is cleared make sure you still use antibiotics for them then follow with vitamin with all this I am sure all the problems will be solved.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by kay29000(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
oluwasemipe:
Their activeness will only last for short time,if there are spot or their comb then go and get viral mix or poxcure for them but viral mix is more active,In three to four day those lumps will dried off totally.but after everything is cleared make sure you still use antibiotics for them then follow with vitamin with all this I am sure all the problems will be solved.

Thanks a million.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Chickens? (pictures) by oluwasemipe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
Uwc

(1) (Reply)

Ova Prime For Sale For Catfish Induction / Easy Steps In Starting A Poultry Feed Mill(pics) / Yam/cocoyam/plantain/fufu Pounding Machine For Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.