Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) (994 Views)

From Ishtar To Eostre / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire / The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by jagunlabi(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2010
Easter is a day that is honered by nearly all of contemporary Christianity and is used to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The holiday often involves a church service at sunrise, a feast which includes an "Easter Ham", decorated eggs and stories about rabbits.

Those who love truth learn to ask questions, and many questions must be asked regarding the holiday of Easter.

Is it truly the day when Jesus arose from the dead? Where did all of the strange customs come from?

The first thing we must understand is that professing Christians were not the only ones who celebrated a festival called "Easter."

"Ishtar", which is pronounced "Easter" was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called "Tammuz", who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

Read the rest here, http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=10398
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by DeepSight(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2010
haba. . . why are you exposing the christian c.rap for what it is?
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2010
Deep Sight:

What a 'nice way' to announce ur return.
U re welcome
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by DeepSight(m): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
stand erect there.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by jagunlabi(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
Deep Sight:

Deep Sight, it has to be done.It is a dirty job, but someone has to show these folks that they have been deceived by the white race, that we have all been deceived for millenia.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by aletheia(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
jagunlabi:

Easter is a day that is honered by nearly all of contemporary Christianity and is used to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The holiday often involves a church service at sunrise, a feast which includes an "Easter Ham", decorated eggs and stories about rabbits.

Those who love truth learn to ask questions, and many questions must be asked regarding the holiday of Easter.

Is it truly the day when Jesus arose from the dead? Where did all of the strange customs come from?

The first thing we must understand is that professing Christians were not the only ones who celebrated a festival called "Easter."

"Ishtar", which is pronounced "Easter" was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called "Tammuz", who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

Read the rest here, http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=10398

And you think you have uncovered one big secret that undermines the historical truth that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified, buried, rose from death on the third day, is alive forever and will return one day to judge everyone. Every serious disciple of Jesus of Nazareth knows that Easter is a pagan spring rite, so you are saying nothing new.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by 4peace(m): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2010
Is it crime to chose a day and celebrate?
Why can't your own time be reading 26hrs or 18hrs instead of 24hrs?
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by jagunlabi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2010
4peace:

Is it crime to chose a day and celebrate?
Why can't your own time be reading 26hrs or 18hrs instead of 24hrs?
Celebrating is no crime, but atleast know what is it that you are being made to celebrate.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
jagunlabi:

Celebrating is no crime, but atleast know what is it that you are being made to celebrate.
see as a true christian what i make of Easter is the events that it revolves around which is about the death&resurrection of christ.What ever celebration thats 'attached' should matter less.A christian needs to reflect on the man jesus&the events that happened about his death. They can it muster,fester,jester whatever. Key is reflections should be on the man the whole thing is centered on.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by jagunlabi(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2010
toba:

see as a true christian what i make of Easter is the events that it revolves around which is about the death&resurrection of christ.What ever celebration thats 'attached' should matter less.A christian needs to reflect on the man jesus&the events that happened about his death. They can it muster,fester,jester whatever. Key is reflections should be on the man the whole thing is centered on.
Perhaps you guys should have created a different celebration day to comemorate those events instead of allowing yourselves to be herded to celebrate mythological events that have nothing to do with what you guys believe.Don't you even feel betrayed by all the lies and deciets pushed your way by the doctrines of the organized religion that you are all in?
Knowledge is power.Know the truth.Be informed.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by aletheia(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
^^^One does realize that a lot of what masquerades as Christian is far from the historical truth of the gospel of Jesus. That was part of what the Protestant Reformation was about but unfortunately it didn't go the whole way.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2010
jagunlabi:

Perhaps you guys should have created a different celebration day to comemorate those events instead of allowing yourselves to be herded to celebrate mythological events that have nothing to do with what you guys believe.Don't you even feel betrayed by all the lies and deciets pushed your way by the doctrines of the organized religion that you are all in?
Knowledge is power.Know the truth.Be informed.
dont waste ur energy on futility,cos the substance we celebrate is Jesus&nothing more.Next yr we will still obey the gregorian calenda by celebrating Easter based on christ.So ur thread changes nothing&im sure no one will listen to u.Except u can change the gregorian calenda.If not save ur self the unworthy stress guy
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Image123(m): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2010
Soon, we'll google out the nigerian origins of pentecost. Se we've been informed on 'network news' on the origin of easter and christmas. Thanks for the info. "Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for the redemption of sinners and resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe" Baba Nee
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by jagunlabi(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2010
toba:

dont waste your energy on futility,cos the substance we celebrate is Jesus&nothing more.Next yr we will still obey the gregorian calenda by celebrating Easter based on christ.So your thread changes nothing&im sure no one will listen to u.Except u can change the gregorian calenda.If not save your self the unworthy stress guy
Wow!So much anger!I must have touched a soft sensitive spot there!Truth, they say, is bitter.Oto oro , omo iya isokuso(translation; truth is the sibling of nonsense talk). grin

Don't throw your anger my way,toba, but direct it at those who have been decieving you for so long, and at yourself for swallowing all the deceptions hook line and sinker.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by ogajim(m): 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2010
Christians have to be VERY careful what they celebrate as Christianity, Passover we were taught but really Easter and Christmas were imported into Christianity and folks need to wake up to those facts and many more that abound.

, " Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves, "
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by afiq(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hypocrites everywhere
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
We all know dat the origin of d calender months January,february e.t.c have papan origins and meanings should we also do away with them? 4 e.g january is named after janus d roman god of gates
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2010
jagunlabi:

Wow!So much anger!I must have touched a soft sensitive spot there!Truth, they say, is bitter.Oto oro , omo iya isokuso(translation; truth is the sibling of nonsense talk). grin

Don't throw your anger my way,toba, but direct it at those who have been decieving you for so long, and at yourself for swallowing all the deceptions hook line and sinker.
Ogbeni.Im not angry at all.I told u the truth that ur thread is in futility.Next yr,Easter will still be celebrated.The fact remains whats being celebrated is it Jesus or idol? If its Jesus then the day selected matters less.It would be desersterious for a christian to leave christ&celebrate idol. eg im to write exam on tuesday,later it was postponed becos of govt power later govt says i can write on thursday.Is it govt im to write or exam? Day matters less.Substance is the key.
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by ogajim(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Not all the glitters is gold my friends!
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by afiq(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2010
I used to think that Easter & Christmas were 'imported' too; was a pentecostal back then. THANK GOD for leading me to the right path. Be extra careful of the 'edited version' bible
Re: The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) by richjohn1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2010
IMO christians are deliberately ignorant many of them know these things I've known all these facts at a tender age of 12 and I kept my fingers crossed to when I'll be on my own! The christian theology holdws no water its falls flat on its face truth is bitter. I hiss in french lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Family Radio: Declares The End Of The World On 10/21/2011 / The State Of The Religious Section: / Which Shd Come 1st In Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.