Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay (525 Views)

Reverend Esther Ajayi And A Cleavage-Baring Woman At Ovation Christmas Carol / Pastor Orr Shocks His Congregation, "Floats" Into Church During Service (Pics) / Pastor Orr Shocks His Congregation As He Flies Into Church During Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by morereb10: 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
The Rev. Gregory Greiten, who serves as the pastor of Milwaukee’s St. Bernadette Parish, received a standing ovation when he opened up about his sexuality to his parishioners this past Sunday. According to him;

“ I am Greg. I am a Roman Catholic priest ,” he reportedly told the congregation. “ And, yes, I am gay! ”

Greiten further detailed his journey toward self-acceptance in a lengthy column published in the National Catholic Reporter on Monday. He also said he feels “liberated” after coming out to his church and the world as a gay man.

In his words;

“A few Roman Catholic priests around the world have mustered up the courage to break through the wall of silence and speak the truth about their sexual identity,” he wrote. “I pledge to you that I will no longer live my life in the shadows of secrecy. I promise to be my authentically gay self. I will embrace the person that God created me to be.”

“This fire burning deep inside my heart, I will no longer contain. I will not be silent any longer; the price to pay is way too great. I must speak my truth. I have lived far too many years chained up and imprisoned in the closet behind walls of shame, trauma and abuse because of the homophobia and discrimination so prevalent in my church and the world.

But rather, today, I chart a new course in freedom and in integrity knowing that there is nothing that anyone can do to hurt or destroy my spirit any longer. First steps in accepting and loving the person God created me to be.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/12/rev-father-gets-standing-ovation-from.html

cc mynd44 obinoscopy lalasticlala

Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by colossus91(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
end time priest!!
Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by chukxie(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
The end is near! Nothing surprises me anymore !
Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by Topestbilly(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
shocked
And you'll still use those God forsaken hands to carry the Bible.

At times I wonder why God is this merciful on the wrongdoers.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by bedspread: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
THE END HAS DEFINITELY COME......
PEOPLE REPENT OOOOO
THE KINGDOM HAS COME
THERE IS NO MORE TIME....

1 Like

Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by Homeboiy: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Your own cup of tea
Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by rosy1992(f): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
You violated the oath of celibacy, not even with a female but rather with a man. This is despicable

1 Like

Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by MicheyJ: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
He was probably sodomized by a pries when he was younger.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Father Gets Standing Ovation From His Congregation As He Comes Out As Gay by felixomor: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Obviously

This one has never read the bible's New Testament.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Christmas Selfie Here / See How Unsafe It Is Preaching Christ On The Streets Of Israel / Prophet Isah "Jesus" (AS) Miraculous Mentioned In Holy Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.