Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC (67712 Views)

Zugacoin: Why Innocent Chukwuma Of Innoson And Bishop Samzuga Should Be Arrested / Why the Supreme Court Ruling Between Innoson And GTB should worry you / Clarifying Supreme Court Judgment On Innoson Vs Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Diiet: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
vertueptime:

If they say he forged let them prove so to d court
the Bank has even revealed the names of his five staffs whose signature were forged. Innoson has lost this fight already.

5 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by eagleeye2: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
you can get the details in one of the articles in yesterday's premium times newpaper. You can also search it online.
I already did. That's why I wanted you to enlighten all of us. May be you are privy to certain information that is not available to the general public.
Moreover, can you equally enlighten me how GTB went ahead to grant loan to innoson to the tune of 1.3 Billion, without running a background check of all the papers presented?
If it smells like fish, then it's a fish. Gtb should calm down and wait for the verdict from supreme court.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by lezz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

documents face the music.
Ethnic card will not save him from this serious mess he has gotten himself into.

# No more credit facilities for fraudsters.
# I stand with GT Bank. No shaking.
GTB hireling.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by maestroferddi: 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
daygee12:

Kindly get ur facts right. They had a deal with innoson and innoson went behind to forge documents. Try n make necessary research and dont conclude like an illiterate.
Is the joke not you who argues like a motor park tout?

Innoson allegedly forged shipping documents and yet ,GT could not adduce documentary evidence for forgery in three separate judgements that went against them.

It is all too obvious: the decision to use EFCC to intimidate Innoson was an afterthought.

Desperados running a financial institution...

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Obec70(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
How come about the over 500million they accepted owning him, when they were deducting 22percent from the money he borrowed them they were blind not see the forged documents? Even after 3court judgements against them! GTB has mate a Waterloo #NobankingwithGTB.

5 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
Oloripelebe:
grin

#boycott gala

I suppose talk say make we boycott Innoson but na chinko car.. Na only ipigs dey use am grin

Hahahaaa!

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by olaolaking: 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
What I think?

GTB is afraid of losing this case against Innoson at the supreme court like they already did in three courts before.

So they resorted to self help by reporting an infraction to the EFCC so as to gain an advantage over Innoson.

GTB should have submitted their findings to the courts and tendered the said forged documents to the courts as additional evidence. The courts will then be in a position to either decide the case against Innoson and punish him according to the law.

The unlawful arrest of a businessman over a case pending in court is a bad idea that will hurt GTB going forward.
There is a case that needed to be investigated. So the papers should be submitted to the court and court will do the investigation for you abi?

You try. People selling Bata at Oshodi but know law more than lawyers

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Obec70(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
How come about the over 500million they accepted owning him, when they were deducting 22percent from the money he borrowed from them they were blind not see the forged documents? Even after 3court judgements against them! Yet they still went to Supreme Court with the matter undecided yet he was arrested. GTB has mate its Waterloo ,#NobankingwithGTB.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by sureheaven(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
and also being manipulated by apc scam

If truly those ill judgment gotten by innoson were through, his lawyer would have copied cbn and they will verify those judgment, if true, cbn would have frozen gtb's account pending the conclusion of the case.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by DedeNkem: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
GTB f*ucked itself up by using corrupt EFCC to arrest Chief Innocent over a case already in Court!

When you have a case in Court, you don't do st*upid things that will tank your defence!! If the GTB had any thing that would help its case, the prudent action would have been to forward such info. to the Court instead of trying to intimidate Chief innocent with the corrupt EFCC.

EFCC on the other hand, is headed by a very corrupt Northerner. When it realised the arrest was a mistake and tried to secretly release him, it was already too late.

3 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Diiet: 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

I already did. That's why I wanted you to enlighten all of us. May be you are privy to certain information that is not available to the general public.
Moreover, can you equally enlighten me how GTB went ahead to grant loan to innoson to the tune of 1.3 Billion, without running a background check of all the papers presented?
If it smells like fish, then it's a fish. Gtb should calm down and wait for the verdict from supreme court.
if you had read the article with open mind, you would have seen why i'm supporting the Bank.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
Amarabae:
Thunder fire them.
Useless bank.
Their plans failed woefully, nothing will happen to innoson.
He will grow from strength to strength and he will never relocate to Lagos or ogun.
This whole saga is ethnically and politically motivated, am not a kid, I know Nigeria very well.
That's how they frustrated Izuogu motors industry,
Seized ibeto licence in order to monopolize cement biz for dangote.
Etc
God is above them.
Useless country that WILL NEVER DEVELOP.

And who is asking him to relocate? Is dt d new gist in ur beer parlours.

Who cares abt a company dts not even making any money? Lol! You guys are soooo deluded.

Hopefully after this court case he gets diamond and fidelity bank to finance his business. He'll need all the help he can get since he has no market and no hope of ever getting a market after this stunt ipobians just pulled.

4 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by adims96(m): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
rubbish, innoson abeg do collect small money from them
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by oxonek: 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
A friend's experience with GTB: He had a loan facility with the bank, and when he decided to liquidate, after having received a liquidation balance previously, GtBank increased the amount without explanation when he tendered his cheque for final settlement, stating that their loans officer who advised the balance in writing, had made a mistake!

You know what GtBank further did? They put a lien (blockage) on his account into which the amount for the loan liquidation had been deposited, insisting that he agree on the new figure even without legible explanation of how the new balance had been arrived at!

In desperation, because he had no other income stream, and needed to fulfill other financial obligations, lost a further over N300,000 in concession. (He insists he is preparing our legal response)

Sounds crazy, but this is no fiction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by onemanonewife(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
How did forgery impact on the transaction BTW GTB and innoson.
How did it lead to GTB deducting his money to the excess of #750m. And that's how they ve been deducting our little cash unlawfully but we may not have noticed or don't have the financial muscle to challenge them so we just ignore and life goes on.
The excess deduction is a criminal offence that should spur EFCC into furthering investigations on the banks activities on other costumer's accounts.
Forgery should be police case not EFCC cause its neither economic nor a financial crime.
Both EFCC and GTB really goofed . I am closing my account with them come January 2018 . they are no longer trust worthy.

6 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by maestroferddi: 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
greiboy:
I Never said the bank didn't involved efcc. I said the bank are not responsible for mr inoson arrest yesterday. That is efcc doing their job. The case has been with the security operatives for a very long time.
Shut it!

I am sure you have not gotten even 1km closer to the Recovery Department of a bank or else you would have known that there is no way EFCC could have been involved in this case without the invitation by GT Bank...

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by nightmile: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
Chai! Innosson disappointed me, I had so much respect for this man. Forging document at his age and level! I doubt if there is any Igbo biz man alive with integrity.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
maestroferddi:
Shut it!

I am sure you have not gotten even 1km closer to the Recovery Department of a bank or else you would have known that there is no way EFCC could have been involved in this case without the invitation by GT Bank...

what is your point? I already said the bank are involved but are not responsible for mr inoson arrest yesterday.

Can you comprehend simple English without being insultive

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
baddosky1:
Ndigbo showed solidarity with their brother Innoson, while you showed solidarity with your ethnicity by rising in defense of GTB because it was founded by persons of the same ethnicity as you.

Yet, you turn around to accuse the Igbo man of being a tribalist. Did you not exhibit the same tribal sentiments as the same people you are accusing?

Let me ask you, since when did it become unacceptable to you that Ndigbo should never exhibit kindred spirit towards their own, particularly when he/she is unjustly persecuted?

People of other ethnicity love self preservation of their own a lot. But when the Igboman exhibit the same love for his kind, he will be called names. If calling us tribalists is okay by you because we stood for our own, then, we are happy to be called tribalists.

RUBBISH!

#IStandWithInnoson

You would have made some sense if Innosson was the only businessman dt has had an issue with efcc.

Billionaires are taken in for questioning, banks are taken over, businessmen are arrested. Why must the Igbo man be the one dt brings tribalism into it? Is victimhood in ur blood? Shame.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by maestroferddi: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
greiboy:
what is your point? I already said the bank are involved but are not responsible for mr inoson arrest yesterday.

Can you comprehend simple English without being insultive
Sorry but you are not making sense.

Going forward, stick to what you know/have an idea about...

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by eagleeye2: 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
if you had read the article with open mind, you would have seen why i'm supporting the Bank.
Oga, need to tell me more than 'open mind'... A bank that has already agreed that they over charged the tune of 559 million (according to the banks own internal auditors). The bone of contention was that innoson insisted on being paid the amount and the interest that accrued to it at the rate of 22%, the same rate the bank charged him when they granted him the loan.

8 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
maestroferddi:
Sorry but you are not making sense.

Going forward, stick to what you know/have an idea about...
bro you are still having problem comprehending

The case have been with efcc for a while. They are investigating the man. They decided to arrest him for whatever reason they wanted. It is not the job of gtbank to tell efcc how to investigate a crime

That was emphasized in the statement released by gtbank themselves

Can you understand now

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by ladyF(f): 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
gentle081:

U are here and crowds waiting for you on WhatsApp

I updated my dp before going offline cry

I will be available on WhatsApp shortly please, no vex. LadyF needs rest.... grin

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Ashmark(m): 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
What I think?

GTB is afraid of losing this case against Innoson at the supreme court like they already did in three courts before.

So they resorted to self help by reporting an infraction to the EFCC so as to gain an advantage over Innoson.

GTB should have submitted their findings to the courts and tendered the said forged documents to the courts as additional evidence. The courts will then be in a position to either decide the case against Innoson and punish him according to the law.

The unlawful arrest of a businessman over a case pending in court is a bad idea that will hurt GTB going forward.

What is this one saying?

Do you know the method of recovering loans?

What they did is one of it

If you don't know the root of something, it is better to just keep mute.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
wirinet:
This GTB story (I would say super story) does not make sense at all.

GTB granted loan to innoson totalling N2,4 billion to import motorcycle spare parts, agricultural spare parts and plastic manufacturing equipment.

This is the part I do not understand. Innoson took a loan to import goods, but the imported goods still remains the property of the bank. How does that work. Was innosom supposed to be paying interest on loan for the goods, when the goods is still the property of the bank?

So GTB was the exclusive owner of motorcycles and motorcycle spare parts, agricultural spare parts and plastic manufacturing equipment? So what does GTB want to do with these goods?
The condition in the agreement is also strange. Before innoson can claim ownership of the goods, it must pay 25% of the value of each letter of credit. Now from where will innoson pay the 25% of the letter of credit? From the loaned N2.4 billion or from another source from another bank?

Since the bank declined to release the shipping documents to innocent chukwuma, what did it intend to happen with N2.4 billion worth of good stuck at the ports gathering demurrage. What did it intend to do with the goods? And how does the Bank intend to recover the N2.4 billion it used in importing the goods.

Did they intend that innocent Chukwuma would be paying 22% interest on a N2.4 billion loan he was yet to take custody of?

It came to the knowledge of the bank a full two years after it imported N2.4 billion worth of goods, that the goods had been cleared with fake shipping papers by innocent Chukwuma. So if innocent chukwuma had not cleared the goods, N2.4 billion worth of goods would have been rotting at the ports.

I am really tired of this cocktail and bull story. The excuse was poorly thought out. The person heading the media department of GTB should be fired.

Everything u wrote here is VERY straightforward and explanatory. Maybe u shld read it again without ur obtuse questions dt are besides the point. An agreement is an agreement. There is no one size fits all loan agreement.
I'm sure he went to several banks and couldn't get a loan cos he was high risk. The only way gtbank could help him out is to take the goods as collateral.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by DeanSim: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
AnodaIT:
You dey protect depositors money by making illegal transaction charges abi?
Explain the illegal transaction.
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Arsenella007(f): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

documents face the music.
Ethnic card will not save him from this serious mess he has gotten himself into.

# No more credit facilities for fraudsters.
# I stand with GT Bank.

A very silly comment.. No where did Gtb say Innoson forged documents, why then calling him a fraud? What mess? He has won several law suits against Gtb so think before you comment

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by DeanSim: 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
KwoiZabo:
They are committed to providing best customer service yet they overdeducted an account by over 500mil. Ok.
You've seen proof
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
miraclear:

My answer for you is that, they have the right to protect the image of any of their customer.If in the end we found out that GTB is right, will trust your hard earned money to buying Innoson product.Know He can forge anything forgeable.All na business.Igbo kwenu

""Know He can forge anything forgeable.All na business""

Why didn't GTBank bring up the forgery case 2011/2012

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by smalls001: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
Why attach sentiments man.....
Sprumbabafather:

Lies, GTB is losing already. We now suspect them as a tool in the hands of the government to kill the business of innocent businessmen. No big businessman will like to do business with GTB except they clear their name.

GTB is now a branch of the EFCC. grin

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by safarigirl(f): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
DeanSim:
You've seen proof
so, the two cases he has won in court is not enough proof that such an accusation is true?

Or you think the Nigerian court of law works like Social Media Court where you don't need to tender evidence to argue your case and win it?

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by maestroferddi: 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
greiboy:
bro you are still having problem comprehending

The case have been with efcc for a while. They are investigating the man. They decided to arrest him for whatever reason they wanted. It is not the job of gtbank to tell efcc how to investigate a crime

That was emphasized in the statement released by gtbank themselves

Can you understand now
It is pointless wasting time with you.

I have moved on...will no longer oblige you with free lecture.

Now, you take a hike...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Easy-to-do Online Jobs You Can Do From Home / Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa / Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.