Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

The Negro In Our History - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Negro In Our History (1568 Views)

Our History Our Heritage ...one Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Negro In Our History by Probz(m): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
https://www.forgottenbooks.com/en/readbook/TheNegroinOurHistory_10101622#21

All that's a century-old description of the black race as a whole and our contribution to civilization. The way this thing's so progressive for its time shows how racism's not biologically rooted any more than a result of social conditioning.

cc. bigfrancis21, Ngo123

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by Probz(m): 5:59am On Dec 22, 2017

That goes especiallly for all the yeye people on here who’ve been conditioned to think the white man’s their superior. Either know your own history or shut up.

Re: The Negro In Our History by Probz(m): 6:01am On Dec 22, 2017
I go post another one now.

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by KingSango(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
All Negroes are forbidden to enter NL thereby I ban you! grin

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by RedboneSmith(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Have you read Dubois' 'The Negro'? It's a little book. Very readable. Also very outdated. But still, I'll count it as one of the best summaries of black history I have ever read.

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by Probz(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2018
RedboneSmith:
Have you read Dubois' 'The Negro'? It's a little book. Very readable. Also very outdated. But still, I'll count it as one of the best summaries of black history I have ever read.

I haven’t but I’ll have a look around for it.

What do you mean by outdated? Not that I don’t know what you’re hitting it. I just weren’t sure if you meant in the way it uses racial language (throwing around nigger as was the norm for that time) or something a little deeper.

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by Probz(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2018
KingSango:

All Negroes are forbidden to enter NL thereby I ban you! grin

Ase

Love Sango

You’re forbidden to enter any of my threads.

Love Obinna

1 Like

Re: The Negro In Our History by RedboneSmith(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2018
Probz:

I haven’t but I’ll have a look around for it.

What do you mean by outdated? Not that I don’t know what you’re hitting it. I just weren’t sure if you meant in the way it uses racial language (throwing around nigger as was the norm for that time) or something a little deeper.

No, it is not about any racist language. I don't even remember seeing the word nigger even once in it.

What I meant is the book was written around 1912, when much wasn't really known in the outside world about Africa's history, due to shortage of archaeological and other kinds of research into African history. Consequently, some of the information in the book is now known to be incorrect.

For example, the book says the Negro race originated in Asia and moved into Africa. That was the current belief at the time, now known not to be true. Also its chronology of Ancient Egyptian history is a bit out of whack.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men: See what your sitting positions say about you / Bisexuality Among Africans / Man Cuts Off His Own Hands Because He Is Addicted To STEALING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.