Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High (16152 Views)

How To Score Very High In Unical Aptitude Test 2019 / Laspotech School Fees 2018/2019 And Laspotech Acceptance Fee / JAMB 2018: How To Successfully Score Very High In Jamb(300+) CBT Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by acupikin: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2017
HOW TO PREPARE FOR JAMB 2018/2019 AND SCORE VERY HIGH
1. Begin READING NOW
It isn't too soon to begin reading for JAMB 2018/2019. The prior, the higher your odds of scoring high. Try not to hold up till afterJAMB 2018/2019 enlistment before you begin reading. Give me a chance to share my personal reading experience with you.

I read Text Books from Monday to Friday, no less than 4hours day by day continuous. You may figure, how might I read for 4hours day by day without losing concentration?
On Sundays, I rest, watch T.V,Party or playfootball and I don't read by any stretch of the imagination. Prior to the beginning of my UTME examination, I could finish every one of my Text books twice!.
On the off chance that you can utilize this strategy reliably or infer a superior technique, you'll end Scoring over 300 in Jamb 2018/2019.

2. SET YOUR TIME TABLE AND FELLOW IT DULY
Time-table will help you to stay predictable with reading. Ensure you don't miss your every day reading plan. This is another strategy to get ready for Jamb 2018 and pass.

3. WORK MORE ON YOUR WEAKNESS(ES)
Everyone have his/her own powerless point. With respect to me, it was maths until the point when I gave more opportunity to reading maths. I began creating personal enthusiasm for it, and now it is my best subject.

In the event that there's any subject you believe is hard for you to comprehend/recall, it implies you have not been investing more energy in it or you have demonstrated absence of enthusiasm for it. Change your mentality, let yourself know, "I need to know this subject!".

4. Try not to NEGLECT YOUR STRENGTHS TOTALLY
When I altered my opinion set and center to Mathematics, I began reading it and invested more energy in it. Following three months, I found I had just 2 topics left in Mathematics while I have no less than 7 each in chemistry and Physics that were my top picks at first.

I had dismissed my Chemistry and Physics obligations and concentrated on Mathematics as it were. I needed to move back to Chemistry and Physics in order to strike a harmony between the 3 subjects.

What I am endeavoring to state is, "While you are working hard at your weak areas you should never neglect your strong areas . They are the best places to pack cool stamps in Jamb 2018″.

5. Utilize THE SYLLABUS
Make good Use of the syllabus,It will guide you very well ,In knowing where J.A.M.B will bring out questions from so as to prevent you from reading unnecessary Topics

6. Utilize THE RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS
Toward the finish of every syllabus, you'll discover some rundown of prescribed reading material by JAMB. These writings and Past Questions will be utilized to set JAMB 2018 questions. Thus, make Use of them while getting ready for JAMB 2018.

7. Concentrate on PAST QUESTIONS
Past questions are the main JAMB 2018 expo you'll discover across the country. The truth of the matter is JAMB is out of questions, so they Repeat Lots of their questions. Few years ago when i wrote my J.A.M.B I noticed several questions were repeated.Repeating Of questions By J.A.M.B is nothing new.
Study past questions, read more on each question from the recommended textbooks and study the pattern used by JAMB for setting questions.

8. Go To A Good Tutorial
What you read without anyone else's input, when upheld by what you realize at Jamb lessons around is the thing that makes you stacked for the Jamb 2018/2019 examination. Never Neglect the importance of a good tutorial,funny thing is that most of these tutorials are cheap are numerous.In tutorials you are prepared intensively for J.A.M.B,you get to meet your fellow jambites and you all work together to achieve the goal which is to score high in J.A.M.B.

Note-Don't waste your time quitting a tutorial where you are not taught properly or exposed to the realities of J.A.M.B

9. Ask Questions
If there is anything that you don’t know or you find confusing about your studies or JAMB 2018, feel free to ask questions from those that have the knowledge. Seeking for help is smart not stupid As its for your own good.

10.Make use of Early Morning Reading
In the morning when you wake up from sleep,you find out you assimilate more and thats why tough courses like maths are thought in the morning,This is a scientific proven fact.You can start by waking up as early as 4'0 clock and reading till like 6 every morning.You can prolong it till like 7 A.M if you can ,Afterall its you that needs to pass J.A.M.B not your parents nor your siblings.I emphasize morning reading because it worked well for me.

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/education/prepare-jamb-2018-2019-high

7 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by acupikin: 6:09am On Dec 22, 2017
cc:lalasticlala
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by yamendiva(f): 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
Fact
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by GoodiOG(m): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
WTF is wrong with Nigeria. UniUyo has not released first list and JAMB is talking about 2018/2019 exam. This country just don tire me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by M12345: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
I wish you jambitos well
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by martineverest(m): 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
As of op had a high jamb score when he wrote his
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by SirLakes: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2017
. angry
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by stanliwise(m): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2017

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by chloride6: 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
OP tried but missed out the most vital point, TIME.

People don't practice under exam conditions.

All this tutorials don't really help. You don't need them.

You need the recommended text and past questions and as I have said earlier, TIME.

Buy a good wrist watch and strap it permanently to your wrist.

When you first start solving the past questions under exam conditions, you might be failing abysmally.

I remember during my time. I was suppose to write MATHS, ENG, PHY and CHEM.

I discovered MATHS was an easy breeze. I would easily score 50/50 even under exam conditions.

But my PHY and CHEM, grin

Under non stardard conditions I could get 45/50 but it would take me 2 to 3 hrs.

No one would give me 2 hours for one section on the D day.

That's how I started practicing under exam conditions.

Scores started at 17 and slowlt progressed upwards. I was getting faster and faster at solving problems. After 6 months of 12 hours of reading and practising under exam conditions, I easily doing 40/50 in any of my subjects.

At the end of the day, let's just say I scored more than I expected.

Good luck all.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
GoodiOG:
WTF is wrong with Nigeria. UniUyo has not released first list and JAMB is talking about 2018/2019 exam. This country just don tire me
Have you checked your CAPS on JAMB site?.
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by emaedu(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
WAEC/ JAMB/ GCE/ POST-JAMB LECTURES AND REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS @ A+ TUTORS: 20, Ita-Oluwo Market Road, Ikorodu. 09091054040
JAMB FORM is #6,500 @ A+ TUTORS
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by MrRemedy(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
hmm
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
The op really gave good points.Let me enunciate on the most important virtue you should possess when preparing for jamb.its DISCIPLINE, which is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.Each candidate wants to score high in jamb but its demands sacrifice.If you are looking for a motivation, think about the financial deficiency of your sponsor(if they are poor or average) and also think about how much you are aging and why you should really accomplish your dream of being an engineer, doctor, nurse, geologist, geophysicist, to name a few in your young age.

I recorded 280 in jamb. what really helped me was discipline, I had a timetable which I followed strictly for like six month before the exam.sometimes I fail to read at the designated duration(3hours every day) I mapped out for myself and I had to punish myself by reading excessively the next day.I vividly recall on Christmas day(2009) I read the longest hour of my life(roughly 12hours).On the day of the exam, I solved mathematics question within 40 minutes, this is because I was really familiar with the kind of question to expect.Like the op said read your past question thoroughly.The invigilator where surprised and they used my script(type D) to distribute expo to other students that are willing to part with their money.I got a whopping score of 83 in mathematics.Generally, i concluded my exam 30 minutes before time.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Yhelay(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
pls, has the registration started?
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Adekunleomoba(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
How long did it take u to prepare for the exmas ...... I mean month
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by acupikin: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
chloride6:
OP tried but missed out the most vital point, TIME.

People don't practice under exam conditions.

All this tutorials don't really help. You don't need them.

You need the recommended text and past questions and as I have said earlier, TIME.

Buy a good wrist watch and strap it permanently to your wrist.

When you first start solving the past questions under exam conditions, you might be failing abysmally.

I remember during my time. I was suppose to write MATHS, ENG, PHY and CHEM.

I discovered MATHS was an easy breeze. I would easily score 50/50 even under exam conditions.

But my PHY and CHEM, grin

Under non stardard conditions I could get 45/50 but it would take me 2 to 3 hrs.

No one would give me 2 hours for one section on the D day.

That's how I started practicing under exam conditions.

Scores started at 17 and slowlt progressed upwards. I was getting faster and faster at solving problems. After 6 months of 12 hours of reading and practising under exam conditions, I easily doing 40/50 in any of my subjects.

At the end of the day, let's just say I scored more than I expected.

Good luck all.
I'm writing on that ,its we Nigerians don't like long reads so I had to make this one very short.dear
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Wizmike111(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
Just relax.. They'll probably release it by January.

GoodiOG:
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by gboisgroups(m): 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2017
pls when is direct entry form will start selling
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by 9tailskid: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
GoodiOG:

I tire for UNIUYO oh... Some will now go and buy UTME form out of desperation and fear... Nanxinx
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Amplitron: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
vingeophysicist:
The op really gave good points.Let me enunciate on the most important virtue you should possess when preparing for jamb.its DISCIPLINE, which is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.Each candidate wants to score high in jamb but its demands sacrifice.If you are looking for a motivation, think about the financial deficiency of your sponsor(if they are poor or average) and also think about how much you are aging and why you should really accomplish your dream of being an engineer, doctor, nurse, geologist, geophysicist, to name a few in your young age.

I recorded 280 in jamb. what really helped me was discipline, I had a timetable which I followed strictly for like six month before the exam.sometimes I fail to read at the designated duration(3hours every day) I mapped out for myself and I had to punish myself by reading excessively the next day.I vividly recall on Christmas day(2009) I read the longest hour of my life(roughly 12hours).On the day of the exam, I solved mathematics question within 40 minutes, this is because I was really familiar with the kind of question to expect.Like the op said read your past question thoroughly.The invigilator where surprised and they used my script(type D) to distribute expo to other students that are willing to part with their money.I got a whopping score of 83 in mathematics.Generally, i concluded my exam 30 minutes before time.

Candidates will perform better if they will follow this guy's advice. You have to practice a little daily for several months to master all topics. Unfortunately, many candidates will rather wait till just a few days to exam and start trying to cram as much as possible into their brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by Garrethdanielz: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
undecideduniuyo don rili tire person mbok. so na to buy jamb form.again b dat.
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by foxyk(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
pathway Tutor ''s whatsapp group. is a platform where secondary school students and students preparing for external examination discuss, ask questions and get solutions to challenging topics in most secondary school subjects. members have opportunities to discuss with experienced educators, get book recommendations, counselling and also download tutorial videos. join the group through this link. it is free.
https:///6eliTJt0kJY4ozgebZWoND
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by LordIsaac(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
Phones and fashion won't allow them to learn.
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by funsho75(m): 10:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
To get home lesson teachers visit http://www.lessonng.com

Teachers can also register for free
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by GoodiOG(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
kimbraa:
Have you checked your CAPS on JAMB site?.
hv not been given admission by caps. And i have good jamb score. 276
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by makky555(f): 1:30am On Dec 23, 2017
I remember when I use to keenly follow write-ups like this...

How time flies. E mean say I Don old
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by solaugo1: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2017
FROM ASSURE Educational Services

Practice UTME CBT in all JAMB subjects for FREE! Win N500 cash (or N500 FREE Airtime) if you score up to 30 points. Participation is FREE! Click on any of the UTME subject(s) below to participate.

UTME CBT - Mathematics - (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-mathematics-score-40-points-and-win-n500-free-airtime/

UTME CBT - Physics - (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-physics-score-40-points-and-win-n500-free-airtime/

UTME CBT - Chemistry - (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-chemistry-score-40-points-and-win-n500-free-airtime/

UTME CBT - Biology - (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-biology-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Commerce - (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-commerce-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Economics - (Score 30 points and win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-economics-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Geography - (Score 30 points and win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-geography-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Government - (Score 30 points and win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-government-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Principles of Accounts - (Score 30 points and win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-principles-of-accounts-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Literature-in-English - (Score 30 points and win N500 Cash) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-literature-in-english-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

UTME CBT - Use of English + Questions With Answers from Jamb Recommended Text “InDependence” By Sarah Ladipo Manyika (Score 30 points and Win N500 Cash!) - https://utme.assure.ng/utme-cbt-use-of-english-score-30-points-and-win-n500-cash/

Kindly broadcast to all 2018 JAMB Candidates.....the time to prepare is NOW!

ASSURE...Your academic success our pride....

Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by pabostt: 8:13am On Dec 23, 2017
Nice one OP. You can also take time to go through this article to complement Op's points JAMB CBT: Top Secrets on How to score high in JAMB. To practice for JAMB, i recommend Online JAMB CBT
Re: How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High by acupikin: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
bumps

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Science & Mathematics Olympiad Past Questions: Free Download / Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) / Ekenze Chigozie: I Almost Dropped Out Of School – IMSU Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.