Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? (40245 Views)

Is Surrogacy Allowed In Islam / Can A Muslim Skip Fasting If He Has Nothing To Eat Before And After The Fast? / Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
Heavance:

The first question is the reason why they Christians are celebrating the birth of Christ Jesus, he is alive, believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact he is alive.

The second, many want to align their celebration of Prophet Muhammad too.

Then your concluding part, ends it, as there is no need to even celebrate.

If you don't feel like celebrating Christmas, just celebrate your fellow brethren, celebrate the fact you are alive, celebrate with your family and friends.

of cos celebrating our fellow brethren can a daily thing. We can celebrate our family anytime not limited to an end of the year affection. We are bigger than celebrating our wife only February 14s, or celebrating our mothers only on mother's day. It should be a daily thing or things that can be done anytime.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Praktikals(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
odutolasodiq:
They ate my food during Muslim festivals (eid-el-fitri and eid-el -kabir), I will eat theirs during christmas. If they refuse to serve me food, I will go and knock on their door to request for it. Religious affiliation should not threaten our unity.

FYI: I am a practising and dedicated muslim.
I love you, sir. May the blessings of Allah be upon you.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by odutolasodiq(m): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Praktikals:

I love you, sir. May the blessings of Allah be upon you.
amen and you too

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Heavance(m): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

We still have to sight the moon before we start the fast. If the cloud covers the moon then we count to 30 days. We do not specifically follow the predicted date.

We are not fighting the Christians, it's just that we refuse to go with the flow.

Then Google your next Ramadan date now, and keep the date..

no matter what the cloud displays, you will be told the moon has been sighted.

I refuse to carry religion for head.
I flow with anybody that celebrates, all I am more interested in is the public holiday to enjoy family and friends.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
Heavance:

Then Google your next Ramadan date now, and keep the date..

no matter what the cloud displays, you will be told the moon has been sighted.

I refuse to carry religion for head.
I flow with anybody that celebrates, all I am more interested in is the public holiday to enjoy family and friends.

Well, I also refuse to google Ramadan date. Even before google came, the Muslims had been fasting Ramadan.

Alhamdulillah, may Allah make me more like the Prophet, who carry the religion on his head...
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 04, 2018
MasViews:
Even if it's allowed I can never eat thier food
like wedding and naming ceremony,right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Islam And Exorcism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.