Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Mother Delivered A 24-year-old Baby Who's Almost Her Age - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Delivered A 24-year-old Baby Who's Almost Her Age (353 Views)

My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? / A Dead Pregnant Lady Delivered A Baby In The Grave(Photos,Video) / 24-Year-Old Lady's Huge Facial Tumour Removed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother Delivered A 24-year-old Baby Who's Almost Her Age by yemfemNg(f): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2017
A mum in Tennessee has just given birth to a baby girl, who developed from an embryo that was frozen 24 years ago.

Baby Emma Wren Gibson was born on 25 November, weighing in at 6lb 8oz (2.95kg) and measuring 20" (50.8cm) long. She had developed from an embryo that was originally frozen on 14 October 1992 - the oldest to ever successfully result in a live birth, according to researchers.
Her 26-year-old mum, Tina Gibson, was just one-and-a-half years old when the egg was frozen - meaning they're pretty much about the same age. In a parallel universe, the two could have been best mates.

Gibson and her 33-year-old husband, Benjamin, had been unable to conceive their own child naturally, as he suffers from cystic fibrosis - a genetic order primarily affecting the lungsthat can cause infertility.
They had initially wanted to go for adoption, and even fostered several children. However, it was Tina's dad that told them about embryo adoption - where you're implanted with an embryo and you carry the baby.
"I just came home one day, I looked at Benjamin, and I said, 'I think we need to submit an application for embryo adoption'," Tina told CNN.
"On a whim, we filled out an application and submitted that night."
Tina said that trying to pick their embryo was 'overwhelming', and that there were so many to pick from.Their first choice wasn't even viable, so they had to go for their second.
She also said that when you go through them, there's no indication of how old the embryo is - meaning they had absolutely no idea that their embryo was decades old.
The embryo they eventually selected was frozen on 14 October 1992 - and it wasn't thawed until March this year, when it was all ready to be implanted into Tina's uterus.

Read more@
http://www.yemfem.com.ng/2017/12/mother-delivered-24-year-old-baby-who.html

(1) (Reply)

Meet Mariam Nabatanzi , At Age 39, Have 38 Children / Visit Saphriestones Lab Consult / Prostatitis May Cause Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.