Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

“Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says (11770 Views)

Indian Hemp Wrapped Inside Maggi! Be Careful, This Can Keep You In Jail (Video) / Lazarus Terrorising Edo State Arrested By Police Says "I Only Killed One Person" / Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Omachi006(f): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
The Commissioner of Police in Niger, Mr Dibal Yakadi, on Saturday advised Nigerians against accepting wrapped gifts from strangers during the Christmas and New Year festivities.

Yakadi, who gave the advice in Minna in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, said such gifts could turn out to be parcel bombs and be dangerous if opened.

He also urged the people to be security conscious, especially while attending public functions during and after festivities.

He disclosed that the command had already taken proactive security measures to deal with threats to peace before, during and after the Yuletide.

‘‘We will continue to utilise the avenues of intelligence-led policing, community, visibility policing as well as constant intelligence-led raid on criminal hideouts,’’ he said.

He called on residents to provide useful information on suspicious movements of people, saying this would assist security officials to apprehend criminals at the planning stages of their activities.

“We are battle ready to deal with any form of security threats to enable people celebrate the festivities in a peaceful atmosphere,’’ he said.

He urged officers and men of the command to continue to put in their best as hard working ones would be rewarded, while the indolent personnel would be sanctioned accordingly.

https://punchng.com/dont-accept-wrapped-gifts-from-strangers-police/amp/

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Omachi006(f): 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
Get daily updates here @ https://tipsnspoilers.com.
Lalasticlala
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by hatchy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
Errant nonsense!

Trying to please his Muslim masters this Christmas period.

People have ever been receiving and sending gift in boxes,that is one of the beauty of Christmas celebration.

Concentrate on intelligence to curb your terrorists brothers instead of wasting your efforts trying to spoil the Christmas fun for Christians by that "Yeye" talk of yours.

11 Likes

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by DrToche: 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
rubbish....arrant stupid flabasticated ,incomprehensible nonsense..
tsewwwww...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Settingz321(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
can we reject dollar wrapped ed with paper too
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Xtopher123(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nigeria has been ruined to the point of people being wary of wrapped gifts?..

I'm not taking this anymore

2 Likes

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Jamexjulius(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
Okay
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Richy4(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
No wonder road side cash collection is still better..
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by loadedvibes: 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
Imagine police giving us advise.. mtcheew..
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by xreal: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Who are the police tutoring now?

The beauty of christmas is exchange of beautifully wrapped gifts.

But they are receiving roughly squeezed 50naira notes on the road.

Mstcheeeew.
[img]https://media1./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif?itemid=5027623[/img]

5 Likes

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by nonut: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
hatchy:
Errant nonsense!

People have ever been receiving and sending gift in boxes,that is one of the beauty of Christmas celebration.

Concentrate on intelligence to curb your terrorists brothers instead of wasting your efforts trying to spoil the Christmas fun for Christians by that "Yeye" talk of yours.
This one pain you special.
Drem dey block road for you?

1 Like

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by osborn4u: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
anyway, security like they say, is everybody's business...
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by DALE917(f): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
Okay, but I'll listen to "send me your account number"
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Sanchase: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
But the Police will accept brown envelopes and folded contents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Ushiefrank(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
hatchy:
Errant nonsense!

1 Like

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by Adeoba10(m): 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
hatchy:
Errant nonsense!

He said from strangers.... Mostly applied to those in the northern part.... Try and make use of your b.... ...
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by DONFASZY(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
So nw
Common Nigerian wit dis level of hardship can nw afford to make letter bomb or gift bomb

Bomb and weeds dey dis man head

What's d point for a common Nigerian and nt terrorist to make bomb for a stranger and d stranger will receive gift frm anoda strangerdis man head ve stranger disease
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by 8stargeneral: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
But una go accept folding hand from drivers grin grin
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by kings09(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
The police must be talking to themselves
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by temitemi1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
Boxing Day cry
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by fineboynl(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
letter bomb?.. terrorist are interested in crowded place and not to kill few. except its a politician motivated or assassination.

the only letter bomb ever occur in Nigeria is delequwa which all fingers was pointed to IBB still in the face Niger state.
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by stevesharon: 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
But police is your friend ....so they are the only ones permitted to accept wrapped ''hand''.
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by greatsly: 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
well, that advise is mostly valid especially in Northern part of Nigeria.
generally, we all should be sercurity conscious not only in accepting gift but also in our movement.
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by SmartMugu: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
What a weird advice. So, anyone presenting a Christmas gift to anyone has to first open it in their presence? I don't get it.
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by pol23: 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
As a policeman,I know you don't collect wrapped gift.
You will love to count the money with you hands to ensure it's complete.
Or direct deposit as per the Oga's
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
Please be informed that somebody is trying to cause a false alarm by spreading a dangerous rumour about me that I have stopped receiving Christmas Gifts.

I therefore will categorically state here that at no point did I ever attempt to stop receiving Christmas gifts nor contemplated the idea, let alone dreamt about it. I will continue receiving gift from now till this time next year, and in fact, beyond.

These are lies fabricated by my enemies who want to tarnish my good reputation by preventing my family and friends like you from offering gifts during this festive period.

I beg on you all to stay calm and vigilant while I investigate this matter. It is the handiwork of my enemies and detractors. I will keep you all updated on their arrest and trial.

Therefore, l am accepting Christmas Gifts, these can be in Cash, Cheques, Chicken, Goats, Cows, Foodstuffs, #LAPTOPS, tablets, Phones, iTunes gift cards,Gift vouchers etc....... Please send yours very early to avoid the rumour. Now is the time!!!
Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by TheLogicalMind(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
DrToche:
rubbish....arrant stupid flabasticated ,incomprehensible nonsense..
tsewwwww...

Eyah, sorry for the fact that Christianity is giving you constipation. Perhaps if you get a life and stop peddling lies you might actually become useful to the society.

1 Like

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by TheLogicalMind(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Omachi006:

https://punchng.com/dont-accept-wrapped-gifts-from-strangers-police/amp/

Don't accept gifts from Muslims either during this Christmas or on any other day. Everyone of them should be treated as potential suicide bombers.

1 Like

Re: “Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says by DrToche: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Eyah, sorry for the fact that Christianity is giving you constipation. Perhaps if you get a life and stop peddling lies you might actually become useful to the society.
who are you?and what brought about been useful to the society here?do u know me too well ?or u sick or something? I guess u know history more than I do for u to say an peddling lies... just behave yourself I got no time for brainwashed idiots like you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Reported Kidnap Cases Stage-managed – Police / Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net / Police Arrest Pastor For Kidnapping 11-year-old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.