Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church (2495 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by deols(f): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
Thursday 4 March 2010 19.59 GMT

The Vatican was today rocked by a intimacy scandal reaching into Pope Benedict's household after a chorister was sacked for allegedly procuring male love-peddlers for a papal gentleman-in-waiting.

Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, was caught by police on a wiretap allegedly negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiema 29-year-old Vatican chorister, over the specific physical details of men he wanted brought to him. Transcripts in the possession of the Guardian suggest that numerous men may have been procured for Balducci, at least one of whom was studying for the priesthood.

The explosive claims about Balducci's private life have caused grave embarrassment to the Vatican, which has yet to publicly comment on the affair.

While Catholicism does not condemn homosexuality outright, its teaching is that homosexual acts "are intrinsically disordered". The Catechism of the Catholic church states unequivocally: "Under no circumstances can they be approved.",

In one conversation, Ehiem tells Balducci: "I saw your call when I was in the Vatican, because I was doing rehearsals … in the choir … in St Peter's." He then suggests Balducci meet a man who he describes is "two metres tall … 97 kilos … aged 33, completely active."

Balducci is also a senior adviser to the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples, the department that oversees the Roman Catholic church's worldwide missionary activities.

Since 1995, he has been a member of one of the world's most exclusive fraternities – the Gentlemen of His Holiness, or Papal Gentlemen, the ceremonial ushers of the papal household. In the words of a 1968 ordinance, they are expected to "distinguish themselves for the good of souls and the glory of the name of the Lord".

According to a report by the Carabinieri for prosecutors in Florence investigating the corruption scandal, there was a hidden side to Balducci's life. "In order to organise casual encounters of a sexual nature, he availed himself of the intercession of two individuals who, it is maintained, may form part of an organised network, especially active in [Rome], of exploiters or at least facilitators of male prostitution

It named one as Ehiem, a professional chorister born in Nigeria. According to Italian press reports, Ehiem, a member of the choir that sings in St Peters when the pope is not officiating, lost his job on Wednesday after details of the Florence investigation became known to the Vatican.

In an interview to be published tomorrow by the news magazine Panorama, Ehiem said he had been introduced to Balducci more than 10 years ago. He claims: "He asked me if I could procure other men for him. He told me he was married and that I had to do it in great secrecy."

There were conflicting accounts of how the Vatican might respond. According to one source, there was no provision for the dismissal of a Gentleman of His Holiness. Another said: "We shall wait for the judiciary's definitive verdict."

In January this year, the Carabinieri recorded an exchange in which Balducci and Ehiem discuss a seminarian, or student for the priesthood. Balducci is said to have asked: "Listen, have you spoken with the seminarian by any chance?" Ehiem says he is "probably at mass or something". On 11 January, Ehiem calls again to recommend "a colleague, a friend" of the seminarian because the latter is unavailable. He says the colleague is "better, taller, a bit taller than you". Later, Ehiem asks: "Can I send [him] around straight away?"

He asks where Balducci is. The adviser says: "Up at the seminary … where the cardinal lives." Ehiem replies: "He could get there within half an hour … the time it takes to catch a taxi and get there."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/04/vatican-gay-intimacy-scandal
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Horus(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
Another scandal in the Church?. Again!!
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2010
[size=13pt]What are we not going to hear or see from all these Church rats pretending. . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
Horus:

Another scandal in the Church?. Again!!
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by chakula: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2010
more information please.
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:18am On Apr 10, 2010
smiley smiley smiley
chakula:

more information please.
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by abrahym(m): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2010
World so full of sin
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by abrahym(m): 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2010
World so full of sin
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah~~ the world is full of sin. . . . and it is suppose to be so . but sinning while pretending is the worst!! . smiley

my signature said. . . . be a sinner , and sin boldly. wink
[/size]
abrahym:

World so full of sin
abrahym:

World so full of sin
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2010
If we sin bold&die where shall we end up being?
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2010
[size=13pt]we shall end up in the grave and that's all. . . . [/size]
toba:

If we sin bold&die where shall we end up being?
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2010
What then happens afterwards
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2010
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Nothing much. . . .[/size]
toba:

Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by mamagee3(f): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2010
Lawd hammercy! shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2010
How can a priest talk about marriage and family issues when he isn't married? grin These Paedaphiles are sick, and rotten on the inside. All they do is relish in power and indulgence and provide no hope and guidance for the people.

Its a disgrace and shame, and the pope should have resigned, since he is not capable of dealing honestly with such issues. What kind of power does one have, as a pope, when they are not in control of the under-bishops?

God is in control, and he is certainly not leading these bastards.
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2010
[size=13pt]he who you're asking for mercy is even doing something worst than having sex. . . . the only difference he operates in secret / hidden agenda and always playing on the invisible league . cheesy cheesy wink [/size]
mama-gee:

Lawd hammercy! shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2010
So satanist Ogaga4Luv, what is the solution from Satan? I guess you will die before never having seen such, huh?
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by deols(f): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2010
This shouldnt be surprising. Christianity has always been known to change through time. People are now clamouring for the allowance of marriages among priests as this will at least keep them away from abusing kids.
Re: A Nigerian Again!- intimacy scandal @ The Catholic Church by chakula: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2010
please, i would like to know the most excellence churches that pedestal their schooling or coaching as the same as the way that jesus has taught his disciples at some stage or point of his life time,because i be aware of that the catholic was not included upon all the figure,integer and numeral of the fallowers that they possesed.

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj, Beyonce And The Cult Of Demon Possession / Wisdom, Knowledge, And Understanding : - Pastor Chris / The Bitter New World Order On Planet Earth Created By Extraterrestrials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.