Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today (1267 Views)

SUV Of Missing Mum And Two Kids Pulled From River After 20years In U.S.(Pics) / Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by Enryking(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
It's difficult to love this stinking hell called Nigeria. How can you explain waking up early, getting two little children ready, beating fuel-queue-induced-traffic, getting to the airport one hour before take off time and being rudely told you can't be on the Arik air flight you paid for a week earlier.

No explanations offered. No apologies rendered. No alternatives recommended. Absolutely nothing. Like you're some beggar begging for alms.

You create a scene and then they engage their lazy brains to find alternatives which aren't suitable. They spend hours making senseless calls and when they get off the phone they tell you they will put you on a flight to Port Harcourt, then get you to Calabar by road. Port Hartcourt to calabar is at least 4 hours by road. Then factor in the bad road and attendant risks.

You reject the offer because if you had wanted to travel by road, you know exactly where AKTC terminal is located.

You spot a passenger holding an Arikair ticket for a calabar bound flight taking off at 1:30pm; one hour after your scheduled time. Then you realize you have been played. The flight was overbooked!

You create more scene. Then they take your flight details and tell you to come back tomorrow with no guarantee that you would be on tomorrow's flight.

Then it finally dawns on you that no amount of screaming will get you on that flight. You're hopeless and helpless. Then you burst into tears and cry like a baby.

You report your predicament to FAAN officials and all they can offer is a feeble apology. You insist you want your complaint documented. After a few minutes search, they tell you complaints forms are exhausted.. at that moment you finally give up on this country.

This country that stifles all your attempts at personal greatness. This is one of the reasons why in 2017 Nigerian youths would rather die in the deserts and the high seas or choose to become slaves in Libya than come back to this crappy country.

5 Likes

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by Enryking(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pathetic! Am an acute pessimist about this country. Saddening!

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
Let her find solace in the words of Donald Trump that Nigeria is synonymous with huts

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by erifeoluwasimi(f): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
i weep for this country.....So the complains are so numerous that they are out of complaint form.Obvious all Is not well with that sector

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by GraGra247(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
We've all been there in this failed union called 9ja. You feel so lost when this happens.

Just forbear and live.One day someone will arise thay'll purge this country of evil.
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by marooh: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
Who else see wetin happen to the woman and d kids lipsrsealed
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
Bus things!!!
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by okachie1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
See this one? Na today Naija cast? grin grin Goodmorning dear!

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07am On Dec 24, 2017
i am sorry to say that the majority of what has happened is YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT....

ISSUE #1
if you have to catch a flight then you best arrive at the airport more than an hr before the flight.... you arrive an hour before the flight, then had to queue to get to the desk (for god knows how long), and when you arrive at the desk the flight is filled up and closed. these airline companies do indeed overbook their flights because of people (like you) who dont arrive in time or miss their plane, thus making sure their planes are always full.
solution next time: get to the airport EARLY!

ISSUE #2
creating a scene as if this will change anything, lol! when you did so, this caused the people who "could" have helped you, to look at you in disdain.... and they will surely NOT help you further. in such situation, you must ALWAYS remain calm and polite.

ISSUE #3
when they find you alternatives for you, then TAKE IT instead of playing holier than thou and expecting to be flown by private jets to your destination.... someone is offering you a solution, yet you dont want it, and now come to NL to talk down on these people?! shame on you! no wonder you were left stranded, and i am sure at the end, you looked back on their offer and it made a lot of sense, but it was TOO LATE, bwaaaah!

ISSUE #4
what an HYPOCRITE!!!! so because there is a full flight leaving at 1.30PM, you want Arik air to remove someone of their confirmed seat so they can accomodate you for being late?!?!? what if that was YOUR ticket, would you like them to do that?!? stop being an hypocrite pls!

ISSUE #5
then when you finally realize that your holier than thou scene will get you NOWHERE (and you are stuck), you start crying, lol! i am sure that initial offer they had for you sounded sweet isnt it...sadly it was NOT available any longer and you were asked to return the next day. serves you right.

ISSUE #6
sadly, Nigeria is failing because of people like you who think they are entitled.... if you had come to the airport ON TIME, then this will have never happened (as i am sure you were the only one without a seat on that plane). you see, you chose to DISREGARD the rules, and waltz at the airport like the queen of sheeba, not understanding how flights rules and regulation works. most plane close check in about 45mins/1hr before take off, so if you have NOT checked in at that point then anyone on STAND-BY tickets will be checked in on the last available empty seats. its common knowledge, and thats why you need to get to the airport in DUE time and not an hr before departure (and then queue).
so BLAME YOURSELF, not the country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by CassieV(f): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
i am sorry to say that the majority of what has happened is YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT....

I'm not sure your read that or maybe you didn't comprehend.. Go back and read it again, this time slowly so that you'll understand.
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2017
CassieV:

I'm not sure your read that or maybe you didn't comprehend.. Go back and read it again, this time slowly so that you'll understand.

i suggest you do exactly what you wrote above, then come and tell me what you didnt understand so that i can help you... or better yet, go to Arik's website and see what is their policies on NO SHOWS or people who arrive late for check in.... now, if someone just buys a plane ticket and doesnt read the rules and regulations then let this foolish person blame her damn self, NOT the airline company or the country.
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by Enryking(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
[/b]seems you don't know how to read. Are you saying arriving an hour to one flight is not enough Abi ki lo nso? So you expect her to have been there a night before? Why are so daft and unintelligent about a country not working?[b]
quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=63561895]

i suggest you do exactly what you wrote above, then come and tell me what you didnt understand so that i can help you... or better yet, go to Arik's website and see what is their policies on NO SHOWS or people who arrive late for check in.... now, if someone just buys a plane ticket and doesnt read the rules and regulations then let this foolish person blame her damn self, NOT the airline company or the country.[/quote]
Re: See What Happened To A Woman And Two Kids At The Airport In Lagos, Today by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
Enryking:
seems you don't know how to read. Are you saying arriving an hour to one flight is not enough Abi ki lo nso? So you expect her to have been there a night before? Why are so daft and unintelligent about a country not working?

of course it is NOT enough, duh... because the time you arrive at the airport does NOT matter, it is the time you arrive at the CHECK-IN desk (aka, gone throu the possible police wahala and queue at the Arik counter) that matters.

but if you think that arriving at the airport 1hr before your flight, means you will check in automatically that instance then you are indeed clueless about airports in Nigeria.

here, again... read the below and thank me later for educating you on airline protocols (or do an online check-in, et voila!):

MrBrownJay1:

ISSUE #1
if you have to catch a flight then you best arrive at the airport more than an hr before the flight.... you arrive an hour before the flight, then had to queue to get to check-in desk (for god knows how long), and when you arrive at the check-in desk the flight is filled up and closed. these airline companies do indeed overbook their flights because of people (like you) who dont arrive in time or miss their plane, thus making sure their planes are always full.
solution next time: get to the airport EARLY!

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of A Nigerian Lady And Nigeria Men Living In The USA, Canada / Reasons I'm No Longer Relocating / Win A Free Pilgrimage Trip To Jerusalem Also Live Concert By Tope Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.