Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Reasons Why A Lot of Nigerian Artiste Don't Expand Musically - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reasons Why A Lot of Nigerian Artiste Don't Expand Musically (335 Views)

Progress Is The Winner Of Nigerian Idol Season 7 (2022) / The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World / When Person Go Blow Musically From Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why A Lot of Nigerian Artiste Don't Expand Musically by tmogba4(m): 6:25am On Dec 24, 2017
It's quite ironic that the number of popular musicians in Nigeria is nothing compared to the number of unknown musicians in the same country.
What could be the problem?

A lot of thing but some include:

1. Poor management: Management is a key factor to the success of any business. Still contemplating whether or not you're a businessman? Don't even think too far because you're a businessman with a business, "your brand".
Your brand is who you are, the music your sing, the people that listen to your music, your fanbase, your accomplishment and your sales.
Now that you know all this, how can you improve on your brand management? The answer is simple and short. Get a Manager to manage you and your brand. Your manager would be in charge of your time schedule to ensure that you spend more time in the studio than in the movies, he will ensure that you sign only deals that will push you far, he will ensure that you do the right thing musically and many more as such. He is like the referee that blows the whistle, the coach that trains players on what to do and what not to do, the manager in football that sells players season by season.
In summary, he is the opportunity seer and the risk taker.
Don't have one yet? Contact me on 08136495877

2. Not going on Tours: I asked a artist, "why do you do exhibitions?" and he replied me with a question, "why do producers market their products? "
That muted me up because I thought about the possibility of sales without marketing and I realized that there is no sales without marketing.
Going out on tours amongst others is a marketing platform where you showcase what you have for sale. When on tours, people get to know you and your fanbase increases drastically.
There's a music/comedy tour coming up in early 2018. It's going to be a big opportunity for you to spread your tentacles.
For details on how to enlist for the Tour, call 08068312912

3. Not Affiliated with Music Blogs: Asides offline marketing, online marketing also does the magic because you spend less and you reach out to more people at the same time while in offline, you have to spend more to have more reach but still can't do it at the same time.
A music blog can take you farther than you'd ever expect musically.
Looking out for cheap blogs?
Chat me on whatsapp so I can recommend a few cheap and highly effective ones. 08136495877

4. Not selling on sales website (like iTunes): A lot of upcoming artiste can't sell on iTunes because their terms and conditions are not quite easy and cheap to go by.
I have something way better and cheaper. The great news is they are in Nigeria and give you more targeted audience that are prone to buying your tracks on their website, they promote songs on their website, they manage artiste, they organize tours for artiste and they could sometimes do a refix to your song or video. They are big-time Music Sponsors.
Need to get connected with them?
Hit me on whatsapp 08136495877

5. Don't Have Sponsors: Another challenge artiste face is not having sponsors. I won't be talk vastly on the need to have a sponsor but I possess the solution to that.
If you need a music sponsor, send me a whatsapp message and let's hook you up with one. 08136495877

6. No personal website/blog: No website, no blog, how then do you expect them to reach you instantly when you have done the necessary promotion? How then do you expect them to book for you to perform at their show without necessarily calling your phone?
In 21st century, there's no need for them to call you when just a click on the internet can solve it all. Getting a website can solve it all... It's more automated and a click can save you money, stress and lots more. They can download your songs asap... You don't have to ask them to send their songs to you on social media. Even if you were to send your songs, how many people can you send it to?
Get a music website that will handle scheduling, Music listing, downloading, blogging and lots more.
Let's chat on whatsapp and we'd get it done asap! 08136495877
Much is expected from you to succeed in 2018. Don't waste too much time.

There are several other factors that hinder music expansion.
We can talk better on whatsapp.
My number is 08136495877.

Complements of the Season

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Music Promotion / Have You Heard This Yet? "Hood" By Yours Truly: Shady Moderino / Eagles Vs Falcons Live Stream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.