Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162516 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 4:23pm On May 21, 2018
When are you leaving?
Ojugunrege:
hello house,
please how exactly does this visa on arrival application work?

I sent the application with all the required attachments within the last 24 hours & I am yet to get any mail. not even the 'received' mail. I thought that was like an autoreply acknowledging receipt of my application?

for the approval letter, when will that arrive?
I'm getting quite edgy 'cos I do not have time again. Someone please help!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:24pm On May 21, 2018
Ann2016:
hello dear, was it at midnight you saw the june date ? I've been checking endlessly for a date cos my edd is June and I was denied last month. so far noting yet , really starting to give up�

I believe it was on Saturday afternoon. Give it a shot, no relenting, hunt result could be positive at any time of the day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 5:35pm On May 21, 2018
Congrats on ur DW visa pls how much was the total amount in the stat she provided and pls is it ur statement with hers?

[quote author=IncredibleWest post=67749605]Hello house,

Giving back to the platform. Every post here counts, so I want to thank everyone. DW and MIL went for interview on Friday.
MIL already been to US twice, but Visa has expired.

VO - Good Morning
DW - Hello Good morning
VO - Passports please...
DW - Here *passes passport*
VO - Oh, I see you have been to the US before
DW - No I haven't, my mum has *checks both passports again*
MIL – Yes, I have been to US twice and also to the UK
VO - turns to DW So, why are you going to the US?
DW - Vacation and childbirth
VO - *types* So you're married?
DW - Yes, would you like to see my marriage certificate?
VO - No, that won't be necessary *types*
VO -Where does your DH work?
VO - What exactly does he do?
DW - He's *bleeep bleeep bleep* His roles are *bleep*
VO - So how long do you intend to stay?
DW - 2 months for myself and 2 weeks for my mum
VO- Have you travelled before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2018
ozymes:
When are you leaving?
in 2 days by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IncredibleWest: 7:40pm On May 21, 2018
Hello,

Over 7m.

Yes, it was a joint account.

Graceinme:
Congrats on ur DW visa pls how much was the total amount in the stat she provided and pls is it ur statement with hers?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 8:51pm On May 21, 2018
AdomMum:

I took 2 passport photographs there. I don't remember seeing anywhere pictures can be taken around the embassy (i'm assuming the Naija embassy at DC is where you are referring to). It is pricey for just 2 passport photographs but better to have them ready than to have your time delayed because of them.
Yes ma,it’s naija embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ann2016: 9:08pm On May 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I believe it was on Saturday afternoon. Give it a shot, no relenting, hunt result could be positive at any time of the day.
thanks so much ,I'll keep looking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AdomMum: 9:15pm On May 21, 2018
Tripletmom:

Yes ma,it’s naija embassy.
Okk. I just sent you an email...please check. Thanks a lot!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 10:06pm On May 21, 2018
Send a pm

[quote author=Ojugunrege post=67749974]hello house,
please how exactly does this visa on arrival application work?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 10:20pm On May 21, 2018
ibukunpops:
Send a pm

i just did. thanks.

seen yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:51pm On May 21, 2018
Yels:

In the spirit of giving back to the house, i have decided to give a brief of my 221g interview (together with my wife n child) at the US Embassy last week.

The first question from the VO was an enquiry on how many kids i have. Next she sought to clarify if i had a child in the US last year and I answered in the affirmative. So she pressed for the baby’s birth certificate and my itemized bill of payments. I showed her the baby’s birth certificate and tried presenting hospital/Physician/Pediatrician’s receipts but she insisted on the itemized bill of payments. I insisted that it was all we were given. She then enquired on what i do, my wife’s occupation, what i earn and my mission. My wife and I responded individually and informed her we ARE ON A SIMILAR PURPOSE AS THE PREVIOUS (CHILDBIRTH) and intend using the same facility we used in the past.
After much check on the screen and typing ensued by a long silence (killing suspense) she issued us the
.....White form with much relief to us. It was all God.

Many thanks � to Ozycyx & Fyorgyn for your valuable advice.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 2:00am On May 22, 2018
TokyoBulls:
Yes. Fees and charges vary considerably and you need to ask a lot of questions. In the US, 'terms and conditions' always apply. A Nigerian lady in Irving last week started crying when the hospital told her the cost of circumcision was $2,200, and it was never mentioned at any point before then. Later, someone approached her to tell her she could talk to her doctor and when she did, the doctor offered to do same circumcision for $300 but (definitely) not within the hospital premises. Hearing test may be $475 if you pay after delivery but $150 if you pre-pay. There are many situations like this concerning bills and you have to ask many questions and make many phone calls and send many emails.

What was making her cry jor. Was it a must the circumcision is done there. I did my sons circumcision at 6weeks when we got back to najia for about 10k and it healed after 5days no issues what so ever. My friend paid $400 in the US and came back to an health centre to re do it for free cos it wasn't properly don. Just tipped the nurse 2k

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 8:04am On May 22, 2018
Hello, pls any luck on interview date..i was denied yesterday and i want know if there is hope of a closer date. Thanks

[1quote author=Ronkfash post=67470983]I applied for an expedited interview. It was denied. Reason being pregnancy isnt a true emergency.
Except a miraculous earlier date pops up before this month ends......hmmmm.
I have been tracking both lagos and abuja. People are seriously travelling ooooo. No cancellation at all.
Please if anyone comes across an earlier date, kindly notify us. Even if na for middle of the night. smiley Thank u[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 8:11am On May 22, 2018
Hello latifahed, any luck? Did u try applying for expedite atall??

Latifahed:
Oh wow! Guess i am already too late then cry.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:31am On May 22, 2018
chloe00:
Mamas that used Houston Northwest Medical centre please how did you deal with the paediatrician aspect , please I’ll like to know because I’m trying to make a decision
From my understanding, you have to pre-pay and while paying, ask for miracle moment to get the discounted fee of about $675. I hope am correct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mpres: 11:11am On May 22, 2018
TokyoBulls:
You see. There is one secret code I know that works and a very experienced former US consular on Quora, Kathryn Berck confirmed it once. The more documents you carry, the less your chances of being legit. You are working, how frequently you work is to bring in complexities. No need to carry employment statement. Go with your bank statement, however, the more important bank statement is that of the sponsor, which in this case can be you or your DH.
Thank you so much. I’ve been offline for a few days. I’ve booked my interview in Abuja for August. I’ll just say I’m working at *** (which indeed I am but only on some days) And hope I don’t get asked too many questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 12:07pm On May 22, 2018
Good day all. A friend of mine tried expediting her appointment in Abuja but it got denied. Her doctor's appointment and date she indicated she was traveling in her DS 160 are in June. The date she booked before applying for expedition is August 5th while her EDD is July 16th. What can I advice her to do?

1. To go for the interview after she has had the baby with her current DS160 and explain to the VO? She applied for a B2 visa indicating Childbirth. Will it matter that she already had the baby?
2. To not attend and hope she gets to use her MRV after it is unlocked for no show?
3. To fill another DS160 removing all indication of childbirth? But the issue is, she would then not have a reason for applying

Please advice. Thank you

@justwise @OmoBendel24 @ozycy @ozymes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tayo4me(f): 12:10pm On May 22, 2018
Good afternoon house,

Urgent question that needs an urgent answer please.

Does it matter if a father is sponsoring a married woman as opposed to her husband for medical visa application?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:58pm On May 22, 2018
Chimzy09:
Good day all. A friend of mine tried expediting her appointment in Abuja but it got denied. Her doctor's appointment and date she indicated she was traveling in her DS 160 are in June. The date she booked before applying for expedition is August 5th while her EDD is July 16th. What can I advice her to do?

1. To go for the interview after she has had the baby with her current DS160 and explain to the VO? She applied for a B2 visa indicating Childbirth. Will it matter that she already had the baby?
2. To not attend and hope she gets to use her MRV after it is unlocked for no show?
3. To fill another DS160 removing all indication of childbirth? But the issue is, she would then not have a reason for applying

Please advice. Thank you

@justwise @OmoBendel24 @ozycy @ozymes

Surely you are well versed in the workings of these processes from your submission and the options therein. Well, as it is, @the bolded helps to nullify 1 and 3, I will go with 2 if I were in this situation. Wait till you have a good reason to travel and use the unlocked MRV fee receipt number. It is valid for a year from date of purchase, and I believe you know that, but I'm just saying this for emphasis sake....

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 1:09pm On May 22, 2018
Thanks so much for your prompt response. That's the same option I see being feasible for her

OmoBendel24:

I will go with 2 if I were in this situation. Wait till you have a good reason to travel and use the unlocked MRV fee receipt number. It is valid for a year from date of purchase, and I believe you know that, but I'm just saying this for emphasis sake....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 1:36pm On May 22, 2018
My dear nairalanders,
I applied for my first us visa in 2014 to have my first child. Denied.
Applied to have my second child this year in March (posted the transcript earlier). Denied again

So I decided to apply again for the visa. I took time to fill my ds-160. In the space where they asked have you been denied a us visa before. I said Yes, and explained several reasons to contradict why I thought I was denied. In the space for employment, I also described what I do in my company with plenty story

Lagos dates were not looking favourable so I decided to pick Abuja.

On top visa only God knows how much I have spent. Visa fee twice, flight ticket to Abuja, hotel in Abuja, taxi to move around. It is well.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am this morning. I'm sure my burden of proof was more than Phemas own sef.

@mamaiyanu

Hii, pls what exactly is d reason you gave for being denied in ds160. I am trying to give another form and looking for a genuine reason to give. My interview was yesterday, i posted my transcript. Pls kindly respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamabear4life: 1:41pm On May 22, 2018
Springdance:

Hi Springdance, please what's the name of the hospital in Houston and do you mind sharing their contact. Thanks

Trust me darling, I did an extensive research, my preference was Houston and the hospital I used charges $3000 for vaginal delivery. For CS, hospital fee in Houston ranged from 4000-4500 and I chose my hospital becos anesthesia was 560 compared to 1000-1800 charged by other hospitals. At the end of the day, anesthesia made it cheaper. We are in the same boat cos i am paying plenty school fees and school fees in Lagos is not smiling at all. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 1:46pm On May 22, 2018
My dear nairalanders,
Applied to have my second child this year in March (posted the transcript earlier). Denied again

So I decided to apply again for the visa. I took time to fill my ds-160. In the space where they asked have you been denied a us visa before.[/b] I said Yes, and explained several reasons to contradict why I thought I was denied. In the space for employment, I also described what I do in my company with plenty story[b]

Lagos dates were not looking favourable so I decided to pick Abuja.

On top visa only God knows how much I have spent. Visa fee twice, flight ticket to Abuja, hotel in Abuja, taxi to move around. It is well.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am this morning. I'm sure my burden of proof was more than Phemas own sef.

@mamaiyanu

Hii, pls what exactly is d reason you gave for being denied in ds160. I am trying to give another form and looking for a genuine reason to give. My interview was yesterday, i posted my transcript. Pls kindly respond.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayantybat: 2:14pm On May 22, 2018
Good afternoon gurus in the house... Pls a friend recently had her baby in Florida but her husband is here in Nigeria and would like to know how to make payment for Notorization and also if it's possible to get an expedited date for a Notorization appointment.

Thank you in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 5:45pm On May 22, 2018
Pls any one coming to Texas or LA this week? Need urgent assistance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 22, 2018
Graceinme:
I was really hoping to post my successful transcript here as I have read all post from part 1 till date and thoroughly prepared. All I keep seeing today was blue papers flying everywhere even the elderly pple, students going to study and couple with kids going for summer were not left out. Interview was for 8.30.

Vo. Pls give me few minutes I will be back shortly
Me. Was even happy using d opportunity to place my doc well and ready for drilling after standing for like 40mins.
Vo. Okie pls can i have ur passport
Me. Handed it over with a smile
Vo. Can see you are going to Virginia, y are u going there.
Me. Am expecting my first child and would love to have my baby in d US.
VO. How long will u be staying
ME. 8weeks, i booked a reservation with Bleep suite, would u like to see my bookings
VO. No I won't be needing that
VO. Have u travelled out of Nigeria
ME. Yes, i have been to the UK, Ghana and Rep of beniIn, was already bringing my old passport and he stretches to collect it. He went thru it and asked.
VO. Why were u in d UK
ME. Vacation and attended my cousins wedding, went further to tell him about Ghana trip that it was work related and Rep of benin
VO. That's Okie, what does your dh do
ME. He works with bleep telecoms network, manager bleep dept, i have his introduction letter and pay slips would u like to see.
VO. Okie, do you have statement?
ME. Yes, bringing them out. I also have my budget sheet would u want to see too
VO. No, how much do your have there.
ME. 14370 dollars for all expenses inclusive of 7310 dollars for my medical bills
VO. He went thru the payslip and acct statement. The acct statement is my dh statement as my sponsor with 6.3m naira reflecting his monthly salary of 477k also With his cooperative statement showing about 4m naira. No lump sum in the gtb statement just salary and rent received from tenants which isn't a lump sum.
VO. Am sorry blah blah, the blue paper showed up.

Note. I wasnt asked anything about my work, and i even tried telling him i have my bill from doctor and correspondence but he wasn't ready to see atall.
Pls gurus in the house am confused and devastated, thought I was going to aggressively get my visa as I was confident and well prepared. Meanwhile my dh 6months statement wasnt bulky, has just 4pages. Could this be the reason?
Pls is there any possibility of still getting a closer date? Are pple still cancelling appointment so closer date could pop up. And even expedite appointment these days isnt favourable���� pls do i have hope like this. Edd is mid July.

Hi Madam

Before I finished reading your transcripts, i already concluded that you got it. I was stunned to see that you got denied. Please, don't get yourself worked up and start blaming yourself. in my view, you did well. Just see this as one of the vicissitudes of life. I feel your pain. Cheer up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 6:03pm On May 22, 2018
Any Richmond Virginia bound Mum for June /July?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kuffour1267: 6:13pm On May 22, 2018
Graceinme:
I was really hoping to post my successful transcript here as I have read all post from part 1 till date and thoroughly prepared. All I keep seeing today was blue papers flying everywhere even the elderly pple, students going to study and couple with kids going for summer were not left out. Interview was for 8.30.

Me. Was even happy using d opportunity to place my doc well and ready for drilling after standing for like 40mins.
Me. Am expecting [b]my first child [/b]and would love to have my baby in d US.
ME. 8weeks, i booked a reservation with Bleep suite, would u like to see my bookings
ME. Yes, i have been to the UK, Ghana and Rep of beniIn, was already bringing my old passport and he stretches to collect it. He went thru it and asked.
VO. Why were u in d UK
ME. Vacation and attended my cousins wedding, went further to tell him about Ghana trip that it was work related and Rep of benin
ME. He works with bleep telecoms network, manager bleep dept, i have his introduction letter and pay slips would u like to see.
ME. 14370 dollars for all expenses inclusive of 7310 dollars for my medical bills
VO. He went thru the payslip and acct statement. The acct statement is my dh statement as my sponsor with 6.3m naira reflecting his monthly salary of 477k also With his cooperative statement showing about 4m naira. No lump sum in the gtb statement just salary and rent received from tenants which isn't a lump sum.

Note. I wasnt asked anything about my work, and i even tried telling him i have my bill from doctor and correspondence but he wasn't ready to see atall.
Pls gurus in the house am confused and devastated, thought I was going to aggressively get my visa as I was confident and well prepared. Meanwhile my dh 6months statement wasnt bulky, has just 4pages. Could this be the reason?
Pls is there any possibility of still getting a closer date? Are pple still cancelling appointment so closer date could pop up. And even expedite appointment these days isnt favourable���� pls do i have hope like this. Edd is mid July.

My dear nairalanders,

Why did you answered that to have my first child in the USA instead of saying second child?? Is it your first or second child?? Because i can see you applied for my first us visa in 2014 to have my first child
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 6:42pm On May 22, 2018
Graceinme:
Hello latifahed, any luck? Did u try applying for expedite atall??

No i did not :-(
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yels: 6:53pm On May 22, 2018
Graceinme:

Me. Am expecting my first child and would love to have my baby in d US.
VO. Why were u in d UK

Your interview account is quite empathetic. Seeing that you EDD is near and time’s short, I think you should reschedule another interview while noting important advice already mentioned on this forum. This time around, God willing, you will get it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 7:12pm On May 22, 2018
Please how true is this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 8:17pm On May 22, 2018
Heard it's free from a few people who used it. My own appointment is next month as my wife should have delivered by then. I think the earliest dates available now are from June 11. Book early o.

Ayantybat:
Good afternoon gurus in the house... Pls a friend recently had her baby in Florida but her husband is here in Nigeria and would like to know how to make payment for Notorization and also if it's possible to get an expedited date for a Notorization appointment.

Thank you in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.